• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 2011 |OT| Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
WW, you've been voted out of the thread.

3730905591_06e4035dbe_o.gif

trudderham said:
Smallish spoiler for the next series. The voice in the Tardis during series five wasn't saying "Silence will fall". It was saying
Silents will Fall. The Silents are the new enemies for series six, and apparently the scariest baddies ever to grace Who. They hang from ceilings!
Something called "The Silents" sounds creepy, but the description sounds kinda silly really. It sounds so much more ominous when it seems like silence will fall across all of time and the universe. I don't know how I feel about that.

PhoncipleBone said:
Something called "The Silents" sounds creepy, but the description sounds kinda silly really. It sounds so much more ominous when it seems like silence will fall across all of time and the universe. I don't know how I feel about that.
Wasn't it hinted that they are partly responsible for the cracks by prisoner zero? I'm sure there is more to them than set up for scares otherwise they wouldn't be enough substance to justify being the center for a new season.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Geez,people. You know this would be the first Who episode I'd be able to watch live? I assumed it aired on the 25th, but I was just checking. :lol

I come home, gitty to see Doctor Who live on tv for the first time only to learn that my parents cable provider moved BBC America to a premium add on package and left us BBC world news instead. Fuck'em.

I just had a little freak out in my office. New Who is so close! I can taste it in the air!!

Crazy question? Is there any place I can find Dalek salt and pepper shakers?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DoctorWho said:
I just had a little freak out in my office. New Who is so close! I can taste it in the air!!

Fuck. I know what I'm getting mum for xmas next year if these exist.

WanderingWind said:
Geez,people. You know this would be the first Who episode I'd be able to watch live? I assumed it aired on the 25th, but I was just checking. :lol

Crap I didn't think of this :O

I thought you were in the US WW? or have I miss thought! either way, enjoy, get the family around the TV!

HolyCheck said:
Who (GET IT???) remembers this thread

LTTP: He's only 907 years old! Let's share a Doctor Who Marathon

I'd like to give a big mother fucking congratulations to GameplayWhore who has done the entire thing (i'm pretty sure, maybe one or two missed, but I think 100%)
Great stuff. I didn't have enough time to keep up but I've seen a lot of the episodes anyways. Good to know that someone actually completed it and that the thread was worthwhile.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
infiniteloop said:
You didn't :lol

Still trudging through my own Who Marathon, half way through The Ark. Dodo is surely the worst companion ever....

I did too! I just didn't have time to watch any ;_; GPwhores posts were my watchings :lol :lol

DoctorWho said:

Think Geek used to have these for sale. SEND THEM AN EMAIL.
They may possibly be able to get them again.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Get your...

Dalek salt and pepper shakers
USS Enterprise pizza slicer
R2-D2 Soy Sauce dispsnser

To complete the nerd kitchen.

Tedesco!

Just a heads up, iTunes is selling every season of the new Doctor Who series for $9.99 each. Season 5 is $9.99, regardless if you get the SD or HD version.

DrForester said:
Get your...

Dalek salt and pepper shakers
USS Enterprise pizza slicer
R2-D2 Soy Sauce dispsnser

To complete the nerd kitchen.

Now I just need them to officially make the Dharma Initiative alarm clock and I will be set.

Tedesco! said:
Just a heads up, iTunes is selling every season of the new Doctor Who series for $9.99 each. Season 5 is $9.99, regardless if you get the SD or HD version.
Just checked. Fuck that is a crazy good deal. Perhaps a thread just about that sale is in order. Anyone want to put it up? It is a good cheap way for people to get into Who.

Tedesco!

PhoncipleBone said:
Just checked. Fuck that is a crazy good deal. Perhaps a thread just about that sale is in order. Anyone want to put it up? It is a good cheap way for people to get into Who.

Knock yourself out.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Tedesco! said:
DAMNIT

Now I have to install iTunes. Thanks a lot.

What limitations are there on TV shows downloaded from iTunes. What can/cannot I do with them?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
PhoncipleBone said:
Tell him. It is in the Christmas spirit.
Is it going on tomorrow? I will tomorrow. IT's too late now. We're not too friendly but we can talk about one or two subjects at length. Him catching up on Who has been one of those things.

Who knows how long it is going on. I made a thread about the sale. If it is still going on tomorrow it should be bumped. It is just a crazy good deal.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
PhoncipleBone said:
Who knows how long it is going on. I made a thread about the sale. If it is still going on tomorrow it should be bumped. It is just a crazy good deal.
werd. I'm thinking of jumping on it, despite not really needing it. The deal really is incredible.

Fuck. That deal sounds amazing but i dont buy dvds for the show, but for the extras which digital downloads dont get me.

DECISIONS.

EDIT: To those who prefer Amazon- they are offering every season for 9.99 as well.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Fuck. That deal sounds amazing but i dont buy dvds for the show, but for the extras which digital downloads dont get me.

DECISIONS.

EDIT: To those who prefer Amazon- they are offering every season for 9.99 as well.
This has to be the way to go. It streams though the Amazon website and still allows you to download it to your computer and I believe there is an option for a mobile device as well. If you have a twitter account then you can get 5 dollars worth of credit in just a few minutes, and if you bought a blue ray, then you might have an extra 5 dollars waiting around in an email just begging to be redeemed. I snatched up seasons 4&5.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Regulus Tera said:
Will BBC America upload the episode online after broadcast? I don't have BBC America. :(
We usually buy it on the Zune Marketplace from our xbox 360 a day or so after. That way we can watch it on our TV without jumping through any hoops. Its been a good experience so far and they have added season pass support to many shows.
Something to consider if you have a game console that supports this

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Gamer @ Heart said:

DECISIONS.

I wish I knew that before :(

This iTunes bullshit is bumming me out. Weird format, stupid DRM, file that doesn't work with anything. I almost feel like I wasted forty bucks.

Htown said:
I wish I knew that before :(

This iTunes bullshit is bumming me out. Weird format, stupid DRM, file that doesn't work with anything. I almost feel like I wasted forty bucks.
Works on computer, and iOS devices. Some love it, some hate it. Sorry you are in the latter. :(

And as for DRM, you can blame the content providers on that one. DRM is the most annoying thing about the digital world.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
PhoncipleBone said:
Works on computer, and iOS devices. Some love it, some hate it. Sorry you are in the latter. :(

And as for DRM, you can blame the content providers on that one. DRM is the most annoying thing about the digital world.

Yeah, DRM doesn't do anything except piss off people who want to pay for your stuff legitimately.

DrForester said:
Yeah, DRM doesn't do anything except piss off people who want to pay for your stuff legitimately.
Well, it does serve its purpose of somewhat protecting the content, but it also creates so many headaches when you try to use that content on anything other than your computer. I was glad when Apple finally got record labels to cave and remove DRM from their music a few years ago. It just sucks that all the stuff I bought before that is stuck with the DRM unless I want to pay up to remove it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Staccat0 said:
We usually buy it on the Zune Marketplace from our xbox 360 a day or so after. That way we can watch it on our TV without jumping through any hoops. Its been a good experience so far and they have added season pass support to many shows.
Something to consider if you have a game console that supports this

I don't.

iTunes better pick it up quickly.

Woohoo.

I got Doctor Who S5 steelbox boxset, it's pretty and cool. And rewatching a bit of it, it's so easy to see how Murray's music turns a boxtie wearning madman with a box to a badass with a box.

I also have a new Sonic Screwdriver screwdriver.

JonathanEx said:
Woohoo.

I got Doctor Who S5 steelbox boxset, it's pretty and cool. And rewatching a bit of it, it's so easy to see how Murray's music turns a boxtie wearning madman with a box to a badass with a box.

I also have a new Sonic Screwdriver screwdriver.
What, no fez?

JonathanEx said:
Please. I've had a Fez for months. Was given it within days of The Big Bang.
No one has snagged it and shot it to pieces yet? Awesome.

After all, fez are cool.:D

I had a tenth doctor outfit for halloween a couple years ago, but only the jacket still fits. I would need to hunt down everything and get a new screwdriver if I wanted to go as eleven this next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom