• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctrine Dark announced for 'Fighting EX Layer'

Scotia

Banned
eFFNL0O.jpg

farisr

Hoping it's the EX1 version with the proper uppercut rather than the wire aimed upwards.

But yeah, this was an essential character have. So far so good in regards to characters being included. Pullum next please!

FSLink

Banned
The latter. The dude is insane.
He's not actually mentioned in Street Fighter V, that's just artwork they've done. They've done them for almost all the SF EX characters and a lot of characters from other Capcpom franchises including some incredibly obscure people.

Due to a situation with ownership and the rights, the original characters that showed up in SF EX belong to Arika so they can be used freely in Fighting Layer games.
Yep. Capcom probably could work out a deal with Arika to get permission to put the EX characters in V if they wanted to, but there's not much point when there's plenty of other SF/FF/Rival Schools/etc characters they could add.

Closer we get, closer I want Pullum to be announced.

And because Arika is more or less a small/indie/whatever developer now, I want her to get a Shantae skin. >_>

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I don't know, it's surely nostolgia talking; but I feel like the characters Arika had in Street Fighter EX, besides Vulcano Rosso, really stand head and shoulders above SFV and especially SFIV's character designs. I wish Capcom acquired them. But this game should be good.

farisr

I don't know, it's surely nostolgia talking; but I feel like the characters Arika had in Street Fighter EX, besides Vulcano Rosso, really stand head and shoulders above SFV and especially SFIV's character designs. I wish Capcom acquired them. But this game should be good.
It's not nostalgia. Arkia's original characters in general had great character designs.

Honestly though, I hope there is some sort of collaboration or deal is worked on down the line. Like some Arika characters showing up in SFV or something via DLC, and some Street Fighter characters show up in this game via DLC as well.

I want the chance to play as the classic Street Fighter characters with EX gameplay.

Leunam

D. Dark was one of the few EX designs I liked. I think it was mostly the crazy stare. Never got the hype for Skullomania but this and potentially C. Jack might be enough to pull me in.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I think it would be wild if Capcom ended up publishing this.

I'm legit guessing that it'll end up happening. And I'm thinking that name is not sticking. Plus there's already SF style characters that look "off" with Hadokens and Shoryukens. Watch this shit be announced as Street Fighter EX4 and the off characters being replaced with Ryu and Ken models.

delSai

I'm legit guessing that it'll end up happening. And I'm thinking that name is not sticking. Plus there's already SF style characters that look "off" with Hadokens and Shoryukens. Watch this shit be announced as Street Fighter EX4 and the off characters being replaced with Ryu and Ken models.
The worst case scenario

SkylineRKR

If they're going to use the name, this seems to be Fighting Layer in name only. Its a new SF EX without the license, and SF chars. Unless they pull some shit and this is actually SF EX4. The font they used earlier was a carbon copy of SFIV.

But this game just looks charming and nostalgic as fuck. I can't wait honestly.

If they're going to use the name, this seems to be Fighting Layer in name only. Its a new SF EX without the license, and SF chars. Unless they pull some shit and this is actually SF EX4. The font they used earlier was a carbon copy of SFIV.

But this game just looks charming and nostalgic as fuck. I can't wait honestly.

They haven't came out with an official name yet. On the stream they were still calling it "Arika Mystery Game".

Gren

Aw first redesign I don't like. He looks like a blue Master Chief.

Still excited for this game, gotta get a cheap console during the holidays in time for the beta.

I would like to see something like a 18 character cast or something close. I really hope a publisher gets behind this so we can get a decent roster size.

Also, I think kickstarter to fund DLC characters should be looked at.

Gren

On the same subject, I recently saw gameplay footage of Kairi; such a shame they turned him back into even more of a Shoto (he even has a legit Tatsu). Looks like they want to continue the Ryu/Ken archetype with him and Allen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I played Fighting Layer EX at the Indie Megashow on Wednesday, and really liked it. I'm sad the build I played didn't have my boy D. Dark, but I'm happy he's in now. Can't wait to try him!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Fighting Layer had really, really shitty designs though.

I think the designs are on par with the EX characters, put it that way.

Even so, the characters I want from FL overlap with some of the archetypes that are already covered, so I get why they're not there.

//DEVIL//

whats with the link ? for some reason not working for me lol.

anyway i just saw gameplay on youtube. looks ok I guess !

Last edited:
Top Bottom