• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know if the component cables for Cube will work on the Wii???

Jasoco

Banned
No.

Edit: To elaborate even though this topic is sooooo overdone..

The Cube cables have no audio and a different connector. The Wii cable has it all in one.

Balzac

What about compsoite/S-video cables? Will the SNES/N64/GC ones work?

I could probably stomach Zelda in S-video till december...

MrDaravon

Holy ****ing crap, how many dozens, if not hundreds of times has this been given a resounding NO answer the past month or two? Jesus Christ people, do a goddamn search.

Jasoco

Banned
People. The connector on the Wii is completely different than any connector used on the Cube, N64, SNES or NES. So therefore, no, you need new, completely new cables to use your Wii.

franke8568 said:
I have a life...
Then why are you here?

That is no excuse for not using the search!

Edit: IBTL (For good measure)

lyre

I don't wanna sound mean, but a simple look at this (found on IGN, popular source of gaming news):
wii-hardware-changed-20060523050815778.jpg

will tell you Wii's A/V connection will be completely different from the connection they have used for the last 15 or so years (used since the SNES/SFami), and is also completely different from GCN's component output.

You don't need to not have a life to do a simple search on IGN.
And you don't need a lot of deduction abilities to see it's different either.
:p

franke8568 said:
Well let me ask you this, are there any retailers that are selling them?
And there's a thread on the front page of the gaming forum for this question. No need to search for this. :p

Jasoco

Banned
yudaan said:
I don't wanna sound mean, but a simple look at this (found on IGN, popular source of gaming news):
No, I think I sounded meaner than you. Sorry if I did. LOL

But that's what happens when I have to put up with people asking if we're getting PS3's every 5 minutes and having to tell them over and over that "we only have two and the two people camping outside the door already get them so no, save up your money for eBay." :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
franke8568 said:
Just wonderin. So many places didn't get any Wii component cables in, and its always nice to save money.

Why do you think would be panicking for cables if it was? Use some common sense.

Top Bottom