• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog Breeds You'd Get if Nothing Stood in Your Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Let me blow the lid off this thread

Needs more head stabilization technology.

g8eAfB2.gif

Kallor

Alpine Mastiff: (Extinct)
1815_Alpine_Mastiff.jpg

Russian tracker: (Extinct)
Russian_Yellow_Retriever_from_1915.jpg

Tesem: (Extinct)

Tesem_couple.png

" drawing of a Tesem type dog appears in Nagada, dated from the Protodynastic Period of Egypt (dated 3200 BC to 3000 BC). The dogs were drawn with upright ears and a tightly curled tail. One of the earliest known recordings of these dogs is the "Khufu dog" from the tomb of King Khufu, who reigned between 2609–2584 BC. This dog was named Akbaru, and was depicted wearing a collar.

They continued to appear during the Middle Kingdom period (2055 BC and 1650 BC), but by the time of the New Kingdom (1550 BC - 1069 BC), they were replaced by dogs with hanging ears and a straight tail. These dogs were of the saluki/sloughi type."

Ok, I cheated, but you said time and money weren't an issue lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_dog_breeds

Cordoba Fighting Dog sounds all kinds of loony.

xrnzaaas

A husky. If only I didn't live in a flat and had more time and places nearby for long walks (or runs more likely)...

DiscoJer

I'd really like to get another Great Pyrenees. I had them when I was a kid and they were great.

But they bark (and by that I mean constantly) and they tend to wander and are stubborn

400px-Great_Pyrenees_Tavish.jpg

B.O.O.M

St. Bernard and a Great Dane..I love big dogs.

who am I kidding right now I'll settle for almost any dog. I miss having one real bad :(

My brother now has two dogs including a rescued Dane. I'm so Jelly

Such beautiful animals. I had German Shepards growing up too. Those are pretty darn awesome in their own right

Blues1990

I always wanted to be an own a golden retriever. They are probably the most "normal" breed that will be mentioned in this thread, but I think they are equal parts lovable & loyal.

Currently have a pug, it's already hard dealing with his hairs
But I'd wanna get a Saint Bernard too

Saint-bernard-5.jpg

FLUFF. CUDDLES.
But even more hairs everywhere lol, and needs space

slider

I've got a Weimaraner and he's beautiful. Despite being aware of the background, temperament and difficulties of Dogo Argentinos I think they're beautiful.

Maximus.

Freaking love Border Collies, such amazing, intelligent animals.

But they're a dog that requires attention, you need to be active with them.

I have a border collie and yes they do require a lot of attention. The first year was tough because it was a lot of work and he was super energetic. After that he learned to be chill and take it easy, but he knows when its play time when we go to the park or a trail. So smart and beautiful.

I would love to also have a lab or golden retriever or a mix of the two.

Jaeger

Read the thread as "Dog Beards"...ok Ill go now.

Lol.

pandabearz.jpg

I'm ignorant of the ethics involved in making it happen, but I want a Panda Dog.

...what?! Is this real life?

85% wolf, 15% dog

Dunno why they're still called dogs at that ratio. But I want it.

When it comes to percentages I wouldn't really know how we would get to that kind of percentage. But, you pretty much want a High-content (roughly 75-99%* wolf). They are pretty indistinguishable from real wolves at that point.

Let me blow the lid off this thread

I love Malamutes.

Czechoslovakian Wolfdog!

But a Husky or a Alaskan Malamute could easily do.:p

I was researching them a few years back. Very cool breed.

My aunt had a dog that was 50% wolf, 25% Alaskan Malamute, and 25% Siberian Husky. Most beautiful dog I've ever seen. He had a pretty unique personality too.

You wouldn't happen to have any images of the dog would you?

Not true at all.
They are very trainable, just also very playful. Though they slow down with age

Though mine did get kicked out of puppy school because he was too big and the other dogs were scared of him. They love to put their paws on things, feet, other little dogs - and they are heavy

I would love to chat about yours if that's ok. I'm preparing to get one in the near future.

Remf

I love boxers and I currently have two of them. Pretty big dogs and they both currently weigh about 80 pounds each, but manageable. Great personalities and perfect for kids.

Casanova

Either doge:

81qyN1y.jpg

and afghan hound:

qAp60dK.jpg

or this little dog-fox thing... A Fennec Fox:

1N0c0Ttl.jpg

"I would fox 500 miles, and I would fox five-hundred more, just to be the fox who walked a thousand fox fox fox fox fox fox fox."

Musician

My dream was to get a Samoyed... and I did! She's lying here on the floor chewing on a treat. She's a real bitch sometimes, but boy is it worth it! She's only 6 months old, so... Patience patience.

H5t6sb0.jpg

This is her at about 2 months.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Id get a pack of boxers. Id have to put jump preventative nets and stuff up, but it would be worth it

Azzurri

Siberian Husky. I don't have room for one in my apartment, and the fact they're dogs who love being outside would be cruel to have him in all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom