• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Dascu

Pretty sure I mapped the camera aiming (tilting of wiimote) to the right analog stick, and shaking the wiimote to a bumper.

Jintor

Help! I'm having great difficulty getting Xenoblade to run on Dolphin!

It loads up a white screen with black bars around the side. Left clicking with the mouse closes this (nice transition) but then it just remains on a black screen forever. Clicking or touching the window causes a compiling crash for a few minutes, but after that clicking or moving stuff around just doesn't do anything instead.

The compile error is 'ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=802b977c'

Also, this rip was created using CleanRip instead of USB Loader, should I use that instead?

Gvaz

Banned
Jintor said:
Help! I'm having great difficulty getting Xenoblade to run on Dolphin!

It loads up a white screen with black bars around the side. Left clicking with the mouse closes this (nice transition) but then it just remains on a black screen forever. Clicking or touching the window causes a compiling crash for a few minutes, but after that clicking or moving stuff around just doesn't do anything instead.

Check your drivers/build? what are you using? What's your machine like? how are you playing the game?

Jintor

Build is 3.0-153 - latest - is it inadvisable to just grab whatever the latest thing on the build site is?

Intel i5 Quadcore 3.3ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6900
8 gig RAM

Does anyone know if in Resident Evil 0 the in game timer freezes when you press the home button? If so that would be a good reason to get the Wii version over the Gamecube version. Also does one play better in Dolphin vs the other?

kIdMuScLe said:
so how do i plug the sensor bar to the PC? =/
Get a wireless sensor bar. The bar itself sends no data to the Wii, as it is simply some leds that the camera in the wiimote detects. The cable is just used to power it via the Wii.

kIdMuScLe

AdawgDaFAB said:
Get a wireless sensor bar. The bar itself sends no data to the Wii, as it is simply some leds that the camera in the wiimote detects. The cable is just used to power it via the Wii.

So i just plug it in the wii and turn on the system whenever I want to use the dolphin emulator?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
AdawgDaFAB said:
This isn't the only one, as there are many similar to this, but this is what I meant by buying a wireless sensor bar.

A good PC + Wireless Sensor Bar + Bluetooth adapter + Dolphin = fantastic Wii replacement.
If you want to skip games lime Metroid Prime 3 that no merely "good PC" I've seen can maintain 60fps in (in HD at least), and wait for ages for bugs like weird bloom, missing effects (or eyes) and broken music to be fixed before playing the games, sure, a great replacement. Getting a Wii is still a good choice. Pretty much the only way for someone to rip the games anyway, if they don't wanna go hunting for those particular LG optical drives that so many people claim to have...

Edit: nm, just saw he's speaking of getting a 2nd system. Yeah, not necessary just to put it in Dolphin use, lol.

Dascu said:
Pretty sure I mapped the camera aiming (tilting of wiimote) to the right analog stick, and shaking the wiimote to a bumper.
Finally figured out a tolerable config.
What revision did you use to play this, and what settings? I'm testing it out on 3.0 on regular settings and it looks and plays fine except for audio and game stuttering whenever there is a transition or opening a door.

texture pack for using the 360 controller on xenoblade available

ButtonComparisonChart.jpg

Dascu

I should be doing hw said:
Finally figured out a tolerable config.
What revision did you use to play this, and what settings? I'm testing it out on 3.0 on regular settings and it looks and plays fine except for audio and game stuttering whenever there is a transition or opening a door.
Don't recall the exact revision (may have been 3.0). I also had that door transition stutter though. It didn't bother me too much.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nostalgia~4ever said:
texture pack for using the 360 controller on xenoblade available

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/Brumbek/Xenoblade-Buttons/ButtonComparisonChart.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
WHOA

I did come in here with a question about GC compatibility. Is it me of does Metroid Prime have some odd slowdowns in certain parts. Maybe it's the nature of the HW not being there yet but for the most part, vids look 60fps but with odd slowdowns in certain parts. Unless there is certain emulation options that need to be checked?

BlackBeetleKing, would you mind posting what your Dolphin settings and revision are?
I'm discovering more stuttering on my default loadout, especially with ghost fights and changes in audio.

Platy

jediyoshi said:
(doesn't work)
Your post gave me a reality check :

There is a chance of Skyward Sword not working on Dolphin ! =O

Then we will have to wait for another Dolphin version to have eyegasms on how that is with all it's glory ... =/

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
I should be doing hw said:
BlackBeetleKing, would you mind posting what your Dolphin settings and revision are?
I'm discovering more stuttering on my default loadout, especially with ghost fights and changes in audio.

check "Skip Dest. Alpha Pass" to speed up a little bit

LuchaShaq

Banned
When playing games with "wiimote" emulation can you just disable motion or use an analog stick for it?

Would make me go back to the SMG series and DKCR if this was the case.

jediyoshi

LuchaShaq said:
When playing games with "wiimote" emulation can you just disable motion or use an analog stick for it?

Would make me go back to the SMG series and DKCR if this was the case.
No need to disable motion. You can map general motion related commands to buttons/analog sticks. SMG and DKCR are playable.

Jintor

I'm seriously unable to work Xenoblade Chronicles with this ClearRip iso. Gonna rip it using USB Loader and hope that kills it. Now using revision 7714M... not getting anything but black and white. :|

All I want to do is play Xenoblade, is that so wrong

Randy

Two questions:

- Are the sound problems in Xenoblade solved?
- When applying the widescreen hack on Zelda Wind Waker, I noticed that some objects on the sides don't show up. They aren't rendered, I guess. Any solution to that one?

I thank thee!

rpg_poser

Andrex said:
Anybody running Dolphin on Linux? Are there severe performance complications?

None here - kubuntu 10.10 32 bit.. Using OGL on a 5 year old PC. Gamecube games run fine. Same as windows. Haven't tried any Wii games. Seems silly with such an old PC. WiiMote works with USB blutetooth adapter.

Can't say the same for PCSX2. Windows version is much faster on my PC.

Gvaz

Banned
Jintor said:
I'm seriously unable to work Xenoblade Chronicles with this ClearRip iso. Gonna rip it using USB Loader and hope that kills it. Now using revision 7714M... not getting anything but black and white. :|

All I want to do is play Xenoblade, is that so wrong
I'm sorry you can't seem to fix your problem, I assure you it's not xenoblade's fault. I've gotten it to work on three completely different computers. Have you tried the 3.0 versions like 3.0-95 posted earlier in the thread?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
rpg_poser said:
None here - kubuntu 10.10 32 bit.. Using OGL on a 5 year old PC. Gamecube games run fine. Same as windows. Haven't tried any Wii games. Seems silly with such an old PC. WiiMote works with USB blutetooth adapter.

Can't say the same for PCSX2. Windows version is much faster on my PC.

Awesome to hear, thanks.

Being unable to bring a widescreen TV to my new apartment I'm being forced to resort to emulating Xenoblade, as it's pretty much unplayable in 4:3 in SD. Will I be able to get a decent framerate with an AMD Phenom 9850BE 2.4GHz and an ATI HD4870 512MB? I also have 4GB of DDR2, although I don't think it matters that much.

Vollume said:
Just try it and see for yourself, it's not that hard.

Yeah I know, it's just that it would save me a lot of hassle if someone with similar specs are running it so I know if it's worth the effort or not. Besides I don't have access to my stationary computer until Monday, so I thought I'd ask here in the meantime.

Jintor

Gvaz said:
I'm sorry you can't seem to fix your problem, I assure you it's not xenoblade's fault. I've gotten it to work on three completely different computers. Have you tried the 3.0 versions like 3.0-95 posted earlier in the thread?

Hah, got it working a bit back, just needed to rip using a different program (of course that required an hour or two of pre-installation but whatevs). Now i just need a solution to the sound issue and I'll be golden.

so i guess does anybody have a fix for the sound issues yet? Do I ned to upgrade my build?

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
Jintor said:
Hah, got it working a bit back, just needed to rip using a different program (of course that required an hour or two of pre-installation but whatevs). Now i just need a solution to the sound issue and I'll be golden.

so i guess does anybody have a fix for the sound issues yet? Do I ned to upgrade my build?

try this Build

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
Snytbaggen said:
Being unable to bring a widescreen TV to my new apartment I'm being forced to resort to emulating Xenoblade, as it's pretty much unplayable in 4:3 in SD. Will I be able to get a decent framerate with an AMD Phenom 9850BE 2.4GHz and an ATI HD4870 512MB? I also have 4GB of DDR2, although I don't think it matters that much.

you will get poor performance
your cpu is too weak...

Top Bottom