• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Domino's killing free Shoprunner Delivery on Nov. 16th. RIP the dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you unaware, Domino's offers free delivery for Shoprunner subscribers, and since the service is free for Amex cardholders, it basically meant that all Amex users got free delivery. As of Nov. 16th, this will no longer be the case:

77b01d9b89.jpg

c5cd3fde3a.png
as someone who got pizza from domino's all the time because of this benefit, this is a huge disappointment for me.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Domino's, you are dead to me.

I forgot that they supported this. I never order delivery anyway because even without the delivery fees, the tipping usually turns a good deal into an okay deal for me.

Sucks for those who regularly got delivery though.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This is why I hate graphs :( I bet at some point someone at Domino's looked at one and saw when the lines would cross and killed this. Damn graphs :(

I got free ShopRunner for a few years from around 2010-2013 thanks to a bunch of random promotions they did. Ordering pizza hasn't been the same since I lost my free memberships. I guess all you AMEX users get to suffer my fate as well.

Delivery fees are such bullshit, given that they straight up tell you the money doesn't go to the delivery people, despite the only tangible difference between delivery and carry out being the delivery person.

I got free ShopRunner for a few years from around 2010-2013 thanks to a bunch of random promotions they did. Ordering pizza hasn't been the same since I lost my free memberships. I guess all you AMEX users get to suffer my fate as well.

I signed up for their free trial, and during that time they gave all users a free year to celebrate Christmas or something. After that it kept autorenewing, but since I had removed my payment info they never charged me. I got a good 1-2 yrs out of that before I accidentally added CC info while buying something online, but by that point they had a deal with Amex so I never had to pay directly. Shame, between Newegg not really supporting it the way they used to and this, there's little reason for me to actually pay for it if I had to, imho.

Koomaster

I stopped having them deliver when I realized I could pick it up and bring it back myself sooner than it took them to deliver it. 15min vs 45min-1hr.

I can place an order online; leave immediately and they have it ready by the time I get there. The timing is perfect, every time I've gotten there it's just gotten out of the oven.

Dominos charges like 2 bucks or some BS price like that for delivery. So let's say you tip like 4 bucks or so and its 6 bucks extra just for delivery. It's complete bs that the 2 bucks don't go to the driver. This is why shit like Seamless is so much better.

Dominos charges like 2 bucks or some BS price like that for delivery. So let's say you tip like 4 bucks or so and its 6 bucks extra just for delivery. It's complete bs that the 2 bucks don't go to the driver. This is why shit like Seamless is so much better.

Well, I mean the store has to make some money to be able to send out delivery drivers. My store charges $3.50 per delivery. The drivers at our store used to get $2.50 of that charge, but now they are paid per mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom