• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Glover Developing ‘Lando’ Series For Lucasfilm And Disney+

ManaByte

Gold Member

With Justin Simien recently parting ways with the series, Deadline has confirmed that Donald Gloverand his brother Stephen have come on to develop the Lando Calrissian series Lando for Lucasfilm and Disney+. Glover and his brother Stephen Glover will write the series with plans to write the series as if Donal will reprise the role he first appeared in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

They should call it the Calrissian Chronicles.

Star Wars Good Luck GIF

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Did he not get the memo that Disney only wants strong, independent, family-less female protagonist, and any male characters must be either be weak dispirited or evil?

Sybrix

With the Marvel shit show going on, are Disney now shifting focus to run Star Wars into the ground also?

Hardensoul

With the Marvel shit show going on, are Disney now shifting focus to run Star Wars into the ground also?
Thought Star Wars was ran into ground before Marvel! Especially the many spin-off TV series.

Solo flopped and backlash with Last Jedi and got worst with Rise of Skywalker!

Merchandise not selling and park attractions failed too, the SW theme hotel has failed too! This brand is on its death bed!

DKehoe

I guess?

But at this point I'd rather have original characters exploring new stuff. Squeezing the original trilogy for everything it's got feels a bit tired when there's a whole galaxy of new possibilities out there.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
After Atlanta, I'm kind of inclined to get excited for this one. I'm really soured on all this franchise bullshit though, especially the awful output on Disney+. I'd rather he made another original series.

Roufianos

Lando is a fun character, and most of it is the charm comes from Billy Dee Williams, he really doesn't need his own show.

Jinzo Prime

Disney needs to hit the pause button on everything they've got in the pipeline and reevaluate the state of all their franchises and expenditures. They really need some original ideas for D+ and for their movie slate.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Thought Star Wars was ran into ground before Marvel! Especially the many spin-off TV series.

Solo flopped and backlash with Last Jedi and got worst with Rise of Skywalker!

Merchandise not selling and park attractions failed too, the SW theme hotel has failed too! This brand is on its death bed!

The hotel failed because it was expensive as fuck, it wasn't fun (mostly because they have you as a bad guy), no continental Breakfast or anything that would make it a great HOTEL experience, you couldn't leave, and it was only for 2 days max you could stay there per trip.

Hardensoul

The hotel failed because it was expensive as fuck, it wasn't fun (mostly because they have you as a bad guy), no continental Breakfast or anything that would make it a great HOTEL experience, you couldn't leave, and it was only for 2 days max you could stay there per trip.
You can list more reasons why if you like. But it failed and they will close it permanently from what I read.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
You can list more reasons why if you like. But it failed and they will close it permanently from what I read.
Oh yeah. I'm just saying it failed for reasons apart from the brand.

People love Star Wars... They just don't like having to pay a kidney and a spleen to TRY to enjoy any of the new stuff they had. Fuck that hotel, tho.

Hardensoul

Oh yeah. I'm just saying it failed for reasons apart from the brand.

People love Star Wars... They just don't like having to pay a kidney and a spleen to TRY to enjoy any of the new stuff they had. Fuck that hotel, tho.
Don't think people love Star Wars like they use to, what happened to that comics? It failed so bad I even forgot it's name. Mandalorien viewership decline in S3(I loved S1/2), I had no interest in S3. I liked Rogue One was successful box office but the Andor at low viewership. I can go on but SW isn't helping Disney plus subs either since it's been in decline.

I just want good Star Wars, right now Disney isn't providing some of us that. So I stop watching and stop buying merchandise.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Remember Star Wars?

Remember Lando?

Remember the Millennium Falcon?

Remember Cloud City?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Don't think people love Star Wars like they use to, what happened to that comics? It failed so bad I even forgot it's name. Mandalorien viewership decline in S3(I loved S1/2), I had no interest in S3. I liked Rogue One was successful box office but the Andor at low viewership. I can go on but SW isn't helping Disney plus subs either since it's been in decline.

I just want good Star Wars, right now Disney isn't providing some of us that. So I stop watching and stop buying merchandise.

I think most people thought season 2 was the end because it LOOKED like the end .. they also didn't see Book of Boba Fett and the Mando episodes when grogu came back. So when season 3 came along, they didn't think things would be good without Grogu.

For Andor, I think most didn't know how it connected to Rogue One... Or maybe they hadn't seen Rogue One. Or remembered who Cassian Andor was.

I'm just saying it's more complicated past "not many fans left". Get a new movie that pushes the universe forward, you'll see more interest again.

Hardensoul

I think most people thought season 2 was the end because it LOOKED like the end .. they also didn't see Book of Boba Fett and the Mando episodes when grogu came back. So when season 3 came along, they didn't think things would be good without Grogu.

For Andor, I think most didn't know how it connected to Rogue One... Or maybe they hadn't seen Rogue One. Or remembered who Cassian Andor was.

I'm just saying it's more complicated past "not many fans left". Get a new movie that pushes the universe forward, you'll see more interest again.
All I see, is you making excuses Lucasfilm/Disney. How is it that you know specifically the reason fans aren't watching is that they are ignorant.

It's bad story telling to put a major plot point on another show and expect fans to watch that other show. Grogu being back with Din Jarin on Bobba Fett show is bad story telling. You may like Bobba Fett show but not many did. There were many reasons why Mando S3 was bad, one big one was Din Jarin being almost a sidekick to Bo Katan on his own show.

If your reason for Andor failing in viewership was because not many people know about it being related to Rogue One, then isn't that another reason that SW fandom is not as popular? They've seen so many bad Star Wars stories that they thought Andor would be bad too would be more the reason.

The Star Wars fans are still there but they just chose not to watch bad Star Wars hence it's not as popular as before.

Top Bottom