• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump Uses Mass Effect Dialogue in Campaign Video (Yes, Really)

Muzicfreq

Banned
C7pFGS9.jpg

DGEhV7D.gif

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Seriously, if Trump becomes president, I'm moving to Canada

I don't know how I'll adjust to living in their treetop villages, drinking milk out of bags, eating gravy-covered fries or praising their eldritch beaver gods... but I'll try

You'll need a work permit and a job first, just FYI

BouncyFrag

In his next interview Trump will be asked to comment on his feelings towards Thane, Legion, and Mordin and when trying to find the words, he breaks down into tears sobbing uncontrollably. Trump then finds himself in hot water after making conflicting statements on his decision to not cure the genophage even though he claims to have many Krogan friends, all of whom would attest that Trump has a quad and respect him as a warrior as he was able to take down a thresher maw on foot.

fred

Very clever lol

Now the important question for not just the American people but also us Brits because we will have a similar situation over here when the next election is on the way - who the fuck do you vote for when ALL of the candidates are shite..? :eek:/

The one that MIGHT do the least amount of damage, maybe..? Or do you just roll a die and leave it up to fate. :eek:(

I find the state of politics these days to be quite depressing tbh.

Steel

Banned
Very clever lol

Now the important question for not just the American people but also us Brits because we will have a similar situation over here when the next election is on the way - who the fuck do you vote for when ALL of the candidates are shite..? :eek:/

The one that MIGHT do the least amount of damage, maybe..? Or do you just roll a die and leave it up to fate. :eek:(

I find the state of politics these days to be quite depressing tbh.

Are all the candidates shit, though? I don't like Clinton, but she's not a self-destructive dolt by any means.

Riposte

Trump already appeared in videogames, at the end of Metal Gear Rising
Only superficially. Armstrong is very different from Trump, and would probably consider Trump another part of America's sickness(celebrity bullshit, American Pride). Armstrong is a lot like Solidus.

joe2187

Banned
In a recent interview trump walked out of the interview.

Time: What is your foreign policy?

Trump: your civilization develops along the paths we desire. We impose order on the chaos of organic life. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Time: Sir...is that a threat?

Trump: Your words are as empty as your future. I am the Vanguard of your destruction. This exchange is over...

In a recent interview trump walked out of the interview.

Wrong. Wrong. Correct interview:

Reporter: Mr. Trump, what do you say to those that believe you are the cause for the violence often displayed at your rallies?

Trump: I've had enough of your snide insinuations and disingenuous assertions.

*Punches reporter in the face*

*Trump crowd goes wild*

USA! USA! USA!

El Jaffe

I reinstalled all three games and dlc on my ps3 last night and today. These things cannot be mere coincidence, lol.
I did the exact same thing yesterday on my PS3. And I haven't played an ME game since ME3:Citadel released 3 years ago. Theres been an awakening...

Malygos

Amazing video.

But how can EA issue a copyright strike to that video? All the editor used was audio from mass effect and the editor used it within creative bounds. It's within fair use no?

Amazing video.

But how can EA issue a copyright strike to that video? All the editor used was audio from mass effect and the editor used it within creative bounds. It's within fair use no?

Fair use is more of an idea about what copyright that people should take in their good-faith efforts to police copyright. If EA wants to issue a takedown, they could do it. Only a court case could actually decide whether it was fair use, and in the mean time, there aren't a lot of places who will go to bat for fair use less they be eventually held partially responsible for infringing on someone's rights.

That video was amazing, lol. When the guy says "I will show you true power" I fucking lost it.

Amazing video.

You must not have watched the whole thing. At the end it says "Trump Effect" using the Mass Effect font / logo style

Mattenth

Damn, Mass Effect 2's trailer was amazing...

So amazing, in fact, that you can slap mother-fuckin DONALD J TRUMP on it and it still sounds hilariously motivational.

EA takedowns flying out so fast, heh.

Re: "How can they issue takedowns?" - There's more than 30 seconds of unlicensed audio in the video. There was no clear credit given to the original work.

Glix

he's retweeting someone else's thing

Wait...

You're trying to tell me that The Donald is not a master of Final Cut Pro, and didn't put this together himself??? That's crazy!!! How dare you come in here and blow my mind like that!!!

/s

Parapraxis

Amazing video.

Yes, it is. Youtube is horribly broken in this regard.

dan2026

What!?
That video wasn't a parody?

Showing clips of eagles and flags and shit?

This has to be a joke. Its like every awful American stereotype rolled into one.

Top Bottom