• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't believe people on the internet, not even yourself

Tallahassee

that redditor even got paypal donations from pcmr choombas

5fde7a7588332658297601.gif

The placebo happened because when you first boot up the game you get a temporary performance boost.

The performance progressively gets worse the longer you play the game on PC. There's a memory leak of some sort.

Started noticing this too so glad it's not just me. Areas where I'd get a locked 60fps would go down to the 40s and eventually even drop to the mid 30s

I hope you aren’t a native English speaker like me because if you are and you cannot comprehend what I did write...oh boy
No i understood the point you made in the OP clearly, but I'm sick and tired of CP2077 and everyone who think they need to make a new thread just so their point can be seen and not get lost in the sea of replies.

You could've made your point with any other example and I'd be fine with it and i understand that CP2077 is the hot thing to talk about right now but come on, the fourm's front page is 90% CP2077 we don't need another topic about it!

We just got out of a similar situation with TLOUP2 a few months ago and people STILL shit up the place with the same damn points and sides they've taken since day 1 in the Bruce Straley thread.

Fredrik

Yep. The fPS thing is annoying. With gsync on anything above 30 or so seems smooth. I only notice fPS issues when I bump up dsr red and start getting 12 to 20fps at 1440p. I think there is a point where gsync isn't going to matter.

Then again, I come from the old school days of playing wolf3d/doom in a small bounding box to get fluid frames, that was noticeable difference. Or playing half life on a pentium 2 clone (cyrix cpu) with a voodoo 3 card and having anything in an outside area drops the fPS down to 8fps as the cpu had barely no co processor.

People complaining about differences at 100fps is insane. I have a 144hz monitor and I still can't tell the difference besides if it feels smooth or not.
Heh yeah I bet DF could swap the counters and people would instantly believe things were vice verse. For real, it’s not about differences you can see for yourself anymore but the differences you’ve been told are there. Which makes things awkward if there is a difference between DF and NX for example. Who do you trust when it’s not enough to trust your own eyes anymore?

Same obviously goes for PC graphics card comparisons as well. The hobby has turned unneccessary toxic for no reason imo. Since freesync/gsync popped up the wins has been mostly theoretical, you have to be some kind of droid to spot the fps differences at this point. 🤖

I’m playing Cyberpunk on a 1080ti gsync setup at ultra, don’t know how to activate a fps counter but if I would guess I would say that it goes between 40 and 80fps, 100% guessing here, but the point is that it still looks perfectly smooth. Such a gorgeous game! 👌

horkrux

People not as tech savy will always fall for stuff like this easily. And aren't we all delighted by potential easy, braindead solutions to big problems?

Top Bottom