• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't blame Sony, blame COVID-19 for the sudden cross-gen titles and $69.99 prices (Do NOT GET ITT BECAUSE I'M VERY ANGRY!!!)

hZBmNVP.gif

If anyone thinks Sony would betray their family out of monetary greed, then you don't know Sony like I do. I put my heart and soul and money into this brand every single monday of my life and I can never believe some of the horrible lies being told today about Sony.

Let's face it: we are facing a global economic recession, not just a hairline recession. It's completely understandable if Sony saw that in order to weather the forecast, they'll need to financially make some tough love decisions. As an immediately third cousin to the Sony Family, I say "thank you" for thinking about the long-term and not the short-term.

We, SonyGAF, need to accept that we are in a new world order and pre-orders are starting soon so get your pockets, wallets, college funds for your kids, lifetime saving, and pensions ready because $399 is the best you can get in the 2020's.

Now, I want you all to stand up on your feet and repeat after me:

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

IN SHARING OUR IPs WITH THE PC COMMUNITY DOWN THE ROAD IN THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS TO MAKE A QUICK PROFIT FOR STRICTLY FISCAL REASONS WE TRUST!

IN PLAYSTATION 5's $399 PROPOSITION WE TRUST!

AND IN SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT WE TRUST!
yse1gcs.png

Aidah

oh right, forgot about the $70 thing.

$399 is a great price though for sure. Easily the best value next gen console in terms of hardware. Also Demon's Souls looks incredible, is 60fps, and is a launch title, can't ask for that much more personally.

Post is hilarious as they often are.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

hZBmNVP.gif

If anyone thinks Sony would betray their family out of monetary greed, then you don't know Sony like I do. I put my heart and soul and money into this brand every single monday of my life and I can never believe some of the horrible lies being told today about Sony.

Let's face it: we are facing a global economic recession, not just a hairline recession. It's completely understandable if Sony saw that in order to weather the forecast, they'll need to financially make some tough love decisions. As an immediately third cousin to the Sony Family, I say "thank you" for thinking about the long-term and not the short-term.

We, SonyGAF, need to accept that we are in a new world order and pre-orders are starting soon so get your pockets, wallets, college funds for your kids, lifetime saving, and pensions ready because $399 is the best you can get in the 2020's.

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

IN SHARING OUR IPs WITH THE PC COMMUNITY DOWN THE ROAD IN THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS TO MAKE A QUICK PROFIT FOR STRICTLY FISCAL REASONS WE TRUST!

yse1gcs.png
Wow damn that's brand loyalty Jesus.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
OP is onto something.
Who owns Xbox? Bill Gates

What does he use? Cell phone

What kind of cell phone? 5G

What company did Sony invest in? Epic

Who is Epic suing? Apple

What does Apple make? 5G phones

Sony and Epic are fighting against the COVID that Xbox created to raise Sony’s prices. Quick, someone get the President on the line.

TheFarter

Banned
hZBmNVP.gif

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

yse1gcs.png
giphy-downsized-large.gif

sn0man

The person responsible for the price of a good is the merchant selling the good.

Blame yourself for failing to learn this lesson from Death Stranding.
You will get attacked and shit on but you are correct. Always remember that if a company finds a way to ply money from a customer base that competitors will chase that

MS (a software company that is pivoting to a services company) convinced Sony (a hardware company) to follow them down the rabbit hole chasing services and ecosystems.

Good luck to Sony. MS is busy trying to fight Amazon, Google, Epic, and Apple. They have no qualms stamping Sony out.

sn0man

i wonder what you're like in real life
like maybe you're really shy and timid
maybe you're a gymbro
maybe your whole identity is based around the gaming opinions you express on gaf
you could really be anyone
i really don't like the idea of $70 games and i blame sony
To be fair it’s a $70 expansion plus 4K upres of a PS4 game (Spider man) or maybe a $70 remaster (demon souls).

original PS5 titles might be more like $80

RespawnX

your words inflict physical pain

Sadly, this new price tags will inflict us all. It's not a Sony thing, they simply adopted them. Development costs are rising and core gamers are sick of microtransactions and so. Additionally PS5 ans XsX have high manufacturing costs. Honestly, I prefer a complete 70 bucjs game over a crippled 50-60 bucks game. 70 bucks feel fair for Morales + Remastered.

Top Bottom