• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't blame Sony, blame COVID-19 for the sudden cross-gen titles and $69.99 prices (Do NOT GET ITT BECAUSE I'M VERY ANGRY!!!)

MilkyJoe

hZBmNVP.gif

If anyone thinks Sony would betray their family out of monetary greed, then you don't know Sony like I do. I put my heart and soul and money into this brand every single monday of my life and I can never believe some of the horrible lies being told today about Sony.

Let's face it: we are facing a global economic recession, not just a hairline recession. It's completely understandable if Sony saw that in order to weather the forecast, they'll need to financially make some tough love decisions. As an immediately third cousin to the Sony Family, I say "thank you" for thinking about the long-term and not the short-term.

We, SonyGAF, need to accept that we are in a new world order and pre-orders are starting soon so get your pockets, wallets, college funds for your kids, lifetime saving, and pensions ready because $399 is the best you can get in the 2020's.

Now, I want you all to stand up on your feet and repeat after me:

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

IN SHARING OUR IPs WITH THE PC COMMUNITY DOWN THE ROAD IN THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS TO MAKE A QUICK PROFIT FOR STRICTLY FISCAL REASONS WE TRUST!

IN PLAYSTATION 5's $399 PROPOSITION WE TRUST!

AND IN SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT WE TRUST!
yse1gcs.png

Do you have any dignity?

TonyK

399€ sounds cheap to me. I'm sorry you have financial problems but we live in a world where people spent 1000€ in a phone or think a 700€ GPU is a gift.

hZBmNVP.gif

If anyone thinks Sony would betray their family out of monetary greed, then you don't know Sony like I do. I put my heart and soul and money into this brand every single monday of my life and I can never believe some of the horrible lies being told today about Sony.

Let's face it: we are facing a global economic recession, not just a hairline recession. It's completely understandable if Sony saw that in order to weather the forecast, they'll need to financially make some tough love decisions. As an immediately third cousin to the Sony Family, I say "thank you" for thinking about the long-term and not the short-term.

We, SonyGAF, need to accept that we are in a new world order and pre-orders are starting soon so get your pockets, wallets, college funds for your kids, lifetime saving, and pensions ready because $399 is the best you can get in the 2020's.

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

IN SHARING OUR IPs WITH THE PC COMMUNITY DOWN THE ROAD IN THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS TO MAKE A QUICK PROFIT FOR STRICTLY FISCAL REASONS WE TRUST!

yse1gcs.png

giphy.gif

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ah yes, the daily positive Sony thread by the shining Knight
8RKAP94.jpg

You can thank sonys monopoly for higher prices,and nothing else.

If it's helping, Microsoft will probably do the same. While they haven't revealed it for xbox, their games on steam costs 70 euro.

Barakov

hZBmNVP.gif

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

yse1gcs.png

Too obvious. Even Kojima manages to be more subtle, MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima .

You're losing your touch.
Imagine critiquing me like I'm a filmmaker or something :goog_rofl:

It's all jokes with a bit of serious bits. I still believe that CoVid-19 made Sony flip-flop their decisions because of the fiscal repercussions that the global pandemic created for the industry in general.

Last edited:

FranXico

Imagine critiquing me like I'm a filmmaker or something :goog_rofl:

It's all jokes with a bit of serious bits, I still believe that CoVid-19 made Song flip-flop their decisions because of the fiscal repercussions that the global pandemic created for the industry in general.
I enjoy your joke threads and the exaggerated militant fanboy persona. It usually is very funny.
You missed the mark a bit with this one. Was surprised by the amount of responses taking the OP so seriously, though.

I enjoy your joke threads and the exaggerated militant fanboy persona. It usually is very funny.
You missed the mark a bit with this one. Was surprised by the amount of responses taking the OP so seriously, though.
Yeah, I'll admit: it's not my best work :p

You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes to bring that GAF absurdity during the wave of hype like yesterday night.

hZBmNVP.gif

IN CERNY WE TRUST!

IN JIM WE TRUST!

IN CROSS-GEN WE TRUST!

yse1gcs.png

Holy Fuck. 🤦‍♂️😅

Top Bottom