• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM 4 "Restored" Intro Level Cutscene and Early Ally NPC Animation Tests

Hudo

Now that id Software and Activision serve the same overlord, they could actually make a whole secret mode in a Modern Warfare game called "Call of Doom" and make a couple of levels with this premise.

I am aware,

I'm really into the dark, claustrophobic, horror feel of Doom3, but I understand the majority of people hated it. I remember playing HL2 and Doom3 for months back to back, greatest time ever.

Those were the times brother - i still remember my PC running both of them at 15-20fps tops.
It was so bad for me that in the end, I had to play them both on the OG Xbox 😁

I loved both of them even with all the concessions that had to be made to be able to have them running on the console - Doom3 was actually A-OK but HL2...them damn stutters and long loading times were no bueno.

It's still a testament though on how good and powerful the OG Xbox was, still one of my favorite consoles ever !

Danknugz

I am aware,

I'm really into the dark, claustrophobic, horror feel of Doom3, but I understand the majority of people hated it. I remember playing HL2 and Doom3 for months back to back, greatest time ever.
agreed, doom3 is the best doom so far imo. a true progressive step forward without changing the meta like 2016/eternal did (whoever thought arena fights belonged in doom ruined the game) and way more in line artistically with the original.

Last edited:
Those were the times brother - i still remember my PC running both of them at 15-20fps tops.
It was so bad for me that in the end, I had to play them both on the OG Xbox 😁

I loved both of them even with all the concessions that had to be made to be able to have them running on the console - Doom3 was actually A-OK but HL2...them damn stutters and long loading times were no bueno.

It's still a testament though on how good and powerful the OG Xbox was, still one of my favorite consoles ever !

I remember I had a 6 or 8GB disk on my PC at the time Doom3 released, I formated the disk, installed windows and I could install Doom3 somehow haha I got a new computer soon after, thank god!

Playing this at 2-3 in the morning during summer vacays was the beast!

If they announced a doom4, sequel to doom3 and not this generic CoD that we were getting, Im pre-ordering it, and I dont pre-order anything!

Last edited:

lockdown2222

Neo Member
Unpopular opinion but I loved Doom3 and really wanted this Doom4. I didn’t like the Doom reboots at all with the mindless shooting. It got old five minutes in.

This is not new, has been out for years.

Doom 3 is my fav doom, I hate the new ones, so I'd love to see this come to fruition, however, this just looks like RAGE and super generic.

Okay! Glad I'm not the only one who remembers these. I'm not suddenly hallucinating lol. I remember seeing all these clips way back when they were first leaked. There's a handful more out there.

While I wouldn't say Doom 3 is my favorite Doom, I will say its unjustly hated on.
Its a very good game over all. The only "hate" Doom 3 will get from me is about any of its modern ports. They really trashed the original releases with the new "HD" versions from BFG Edition and on.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am aware,

Doom 3 had it's detractors, but the vast majority of people didn't hate it. I don't know why people feel the need to say this shit. It's simply not true. It was a well received game that many people enjoyed for what it was, a survival horror game.

To this day, that trip to hell is still one of the genre defining moments in gaming history.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Okay! Glad I'm not the only one who remembers these. I'm not suddenly hallucinating lol. I remember seeing all these clips way back when they were first leaked. There's a handful more out there.

While I wouldn't say Doom 3 is my favorite Doom, I will say its unjustly hated on.
Its a very good game over all. The only "hate" Doom 3 will get from me is about any of its modern ports. They really trashed the original releases with the new "HD" versions from BFG Edition and on.
According to who? Who are all these "haters" of Doom 3? It had it's detractors like all games do, but I always felt (and reviews support this) that it was always appreciated for what it was. Even if it was a very different experience from any other Doom.

Wildebeest

T5KfukR.jpeg

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is not new, has been out for years.

Doom 3 is my fav doom, I hate the new ones, so I'd love to see this come to fruition, however, this just looks like RAGE and super generic.
It's been described as more similar to Call of Duty than as a continuation of Doom 3. It was definitely not the right way to go, but id is still a world class dev so I am sure it would have been well done.

MarkyG

Christ, it looked so bland. Can see why it was dubbed "Call of Doom" - Utterly uninspiring for the most part and can see why it was in development hell for so long. I'd still love to play it though, if only for the combat/monsters/morbid curiosity.

Danknugz

are all the comparisons to CoD just only based off this quick 15 second clip because the guy runs out and there's a white house looking building on fire? if anything looked more like gears the way he vaulted over the thing (gross). the animations look well done but the only cod thing i see there are them holding guns and taking cover.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I remember when all of this was first shown I was pretty concerned, lol. It was just straight up DOOM + COD. I'm so glad that 2016 came out the way it did. But it's always interesting to see more content from this.

agreed, doom3 is the best doom so far imo. a true progressive step forward without changing the meta like 2016/eternal did (whoever thought arena fights belonged in doom ruined the game) and way more in line artistically with the original.
doom 3 sucked and nothing like a doom game. just because tis better than the latter two doesnt mean its good.

Phobos Base

The execution was bad, but I'm still not against the idea. After all, in the original games you were just some random soldier instead of the lore mess that 2016 and Eternal turned him into.

Top Bottom