• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal DLC drops today?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I haven't heard a lot of hype for this. Has anyone started playing it yet?

I've been looking forward to this since I finished the campaign, any initial impressions?

Personally I have to force myself to wait until I get a new GPU, I really want to play this at 144+FPS.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
There's been little hype for this yeah. I created a thread when they revealed tht Andrew H. would be the composser, and there where a few more threads.

But I dunno... Personally, I think that it being just the "part 1" has hurted the hype.

Personally I have to force myself to wait until I get a new GPU, I really want to play this at 144+FPS.
Me too! I enjoyed the main campaign at high 1080p60fs, but after seeing some gameplays at ultra + rtx + 4k + 144hz...

Yeah, I will wait until I can build a new rig. xD

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'll be hopping in after work. A lot of people said it was really good. I unfortunately also saw that there are apparently a number of weird bugs where people aren't seeing it available for them when it should've been. Or they can't add it, etc. Some said it was even game breaking for them, really odd.

Those that finished it said it was amazing and felt even better than the best and most hectic parts of Eternal. So I'm really hyped.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'll be hopping in after work. A lot of people said it was really good. I unfortunately also saw that there are apparently a number of weird bugs where people aren't seeing it available for them when it should've been. Or they can't add it, etc. Some said it was even game breaking for them, really odd.

Those that finished it said it was amazing and felt even better than the best and most hectic parts of Eternal. So I'm really hyped.

Any word on length? I am gonna guess about 3-4 hours. I believe it was 3 missions?

rubhen925

It's botched honestly. People with the deluxe edition and the pass cannot find a way to download it. It asks for the price of the dlc. I just bought the standalone version on PSN at 8 am EST. Took 2 hours to download as it has to download the original game, plus dlc, plus all updates. Way too much time invested just to download and start it. But it's good. The game starts off where you left off. So all enemies come at you from the beginning. I'm loving and hating some of the aspects. Platforming can be hit or miss as usual.

If you want to check out what the gameplay, here is the first 50 mins. If you're still on the fence. I'd say buy it. Totally worth it so far.

Plan to play sometime after work and dinner. Finished replaying Blood a few days ago and now I'm itching for Eternal's crazy shit combat. =P

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Any word on length? I am gonna guess about 3-4 hours. I believe it was 3 missions?
No clue, but I think you're on the money with that. That was my assumption as well. I'm not sure what time it went live this morning, but I saw people said they had completed it by 11AM CST, so I figured it probably wasn't too long as I think it was live at 8AM/9AM CST?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No clue, but I think you're on the money with that. That was my assumption as well. I'm not sure what time it went live this morning, but I saw people said they had completed it by 11AM CST, so I figured it probably wasn't too long as I think it was live at 8AM/9AM CST?
WIth the price being $30 for both I expected about half the length of the main campaign when both parts are completed.

I have seen quote a few people saying its breaking their main campaign progress. But mostly on PC.

Ulysses 31

It's botched honestly. People with the deluxe edition and the pass cannot find a way to download it. It asks for the price of the dlc. I just bought the standalone version on PSN at 8 am EST. Took 2 hours to download as it has to download the original game, plus dlc, plus all updates. Way too much time invested just to download and start it. But it's good. The game starts off where you left off. So all enemies come at you from the beginning. I'm loving and hating some of the aspects. Platforming can be hit or miss as usual.

If you want to check out what the gameplay, here is the first 50 mins. If you're still on the fence. I'd say buy it. Totally worth it so far.

Got a 10GB patch for Doom Eternal just now. :lollipop_grinning:

Got a 10GB patch for Doom Eternal just now. :lollipop_grinning:
Yeah me too.

----------------------------

On the fence tbh. Had a great time with Eternal, but my wife just had a baby, I dunno if my blood pressure can handle it. Will probably pick it up sometime in the future when I can be a little more liberal with my money.

Apocryphon

DLC is brutally hard. The levels look nice but I'm not keen on some of the internal bits that are super close quarters and filled with silly amounts of heavys.

I'm having more fun with the Warzone Halloween update atm 😆

rubhen925

Well beat it. Took about 6 hours, but a skilled player can beat it in under 4 hours ish. I just ended up dying a lot. The problem here is having big heavies and multiples in tight and close spaces. Leads to cheap deaths. Other than that the game was pretty intense. Enjoyed it. Plus to be continued. That ending was something haha.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Took me about hour 30 to get through first level on UV. Nightmare will be a bitch for sure.

ID was not lying when they said this was made for people who mastered the campaign. From the moment you hit go it's in your face.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
My least favorite part of Eternal (despite it being possibly my GOTY) were the boss fights and the Marauders. So I don’t think this DLC is for me despite completing Eternal from start to finish 3 separate times including nightmare.

I mean, I hated the bosses so much they nearly soured the game for me (due to cheap-feeling deaths and weirdly introduced mechanics). With the DLC basically amping up all these elements to 10, I don’t think this is for me.

Glad some people are enjoying it though.

Just finished. Took about 3 hours.

Yeah, they most definitely ratcheted up the difficulty. They weren't kidding when they said it'd be harder. Funnily enough the Marauders were the fights I had some of the least trouble with. The ghost enemies are a HUGE pain to deal with, and I struggled a lot in the final fight. Overall I enjoyed it, though it honestly it became a bit exhausting by the end. I'd rank the levels 1 > 3 > 2.

And then there's the ending... yeah, definitely didn't see that coming.

The last boss on Nightmare was pretty intense. Ultra Nightmare is gonna be a grind in that fight. Luckily there is a lot of BFG ammo kicking around the levels. I didn't really die too much. 1 time on the first level and a handful on the other 2 so UN will be doable. I beat the campaign on UN a few times now.

MiguelItUp

I love it so much. Almost done with the second level. They really just cranked up everything, it's fucking absurd and I adore it, lmao.

makaveli60

Damn, I plan to play Doom 3, then 2016 and then finally Eternal on PS5, so I don't want to play the DLC before that but these posts make it difficult to wait :messenger_grinning_sweat:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just took a peak at the OST while I wait to have my new pc and the second DLC is released to finally play this.

And holy fuck, I love it.

I don´t know if I´ll be able to wait much more. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Nixonomics

This shit is bananas. Super heavy demons on top of super heavy demons with another few waves of them after. New enemy types that cause other demons to laugh in the face of your SSG/Ballista quick swapping. I've gotta be near the end of the second level of the DLC and so far this is leagues ahead of the base game in terms of difficulty. Absolutely nuts. I'm getting ground into a pulp and I'm loving every second of it. I hear the final boss is a nightmare too. Gonna be such a sweet victory.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's hard as fuck, to the point, when I am not really having fun. Back to WD: L...

Nixonomics

It's hard as fuck, to the point, when I am not really having fun. Back to WD: L...

I wouldn't fault anyone for feeling that way. At the end of they day we all play video games to have fun. They took an already demanding game and cranked the dial up a few notches.

Maybe i'm a missing something obvious but what's WD:L?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I wouldn't fault anyone for feeling that way. At the end of they day we all play video games to have fun. They took an already demanding game and cranked the dial up a few notches.

Maybe i'm a missing something obvious but what's WD:L?
Watch Dogs: Legion : ) Sorry

Starfield

holy shit, I actually started laughing bc it was that hard when I started the first mission. When youre out of the loop its really hard to get back in again

Finished the main game on Nightmare when it launched so hearing that the DLC is even harder makes me excited to get it but I'm going to wait for part 2 before I start. How long is part 1?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Finished the main game on Nightmare when it launched so hearing that the DLC is even harder makes me excited to get it but I'm going to wait for part 2 before I start. How long is part 1?
Haven't played it, but I read there are 3 missions and the length is about 5 hours.

I'm waiting for part two too, and at that point I'll probably replay the main campaing to get in the loop again.

Last edited:

Calverz

steam wouldnt let me purchase it for some reasons. Kept daying i owned it when i didnt. Is it all working now?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This shit is bananas. Super heavy demons on top of super heavy demons with another few waves of them after. New enemy types that cause other demons to laugh in the face of your SSG/Ballista quick swapping. I've gotta be near the end of the second level of the DLC and so far this is leagues ahead of the base game in terms of difficulty. Absolutely nuts. I'm getting ground into a pulp and I'm loving every second of it. I hear the final boss is a nightmare too. Gonna be such a sweet victory.

It can be really rough at points. One of the Slayer Gates had me having to take breaks. I discovered I was being dumb and making it harder than it needs to be but even with that knowledge it was still tough.

Its a true test of Skill. Its awesome.

Top Bottom