• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods - Part Two - Release date leaked? + screenshots

drotahorror

*teaser officially released, trailer on the 17th.

I was just curious when this was coming out and googled it and I guess someone leaked that it's coming March 18th.
https://www.altchar.com/game-news/d...creenshots-and-release-date-leak-aDgnw6L0fzUp (never heard of site)

They also provided 4 screenshots that I have no idea are real, I haven't even played part 1.

I guess the official reveal is on March 15th as well.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Cool cool, but that artwork though

Ev5eIOdWYAIpQI_

Fbh

So will this now launch on Gamepass or how does it work?

I have the base game on PC but a month of gamepass is cheaper than the season pass.

I enjoyed part 1 (except for the end boss which kinda sucked on the highest difficulty) so I’m looking forward to this. Apparently it’s supposed to be lighter on difficulty compared to 1. I’m interested to see what the overall direction will be.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So will this now launch on Gamepass or how does it work?

I have the base game on PC but a month of gamepass is cheaper than the season pass.
I dont think itll launch into GP day 1. Might after some time but lot of people already paid for it and bought collectors editions and such.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

Game Pass only has base games, even for first party. Gears 5 had a DLC included but it was an exception.

Oh ok.
Didn't know. I thought it didn't include stuff like cosmetic DLC's and things you get through microtransactions, but I thought it included larger DLC's and expansions.

Guess I'll just wait till the season pass goes on sale then.

rubhen925

Are they gonna do the thing where they didn't let us preload and only buy the DLC on launch? Last time many people had trouble even accessing the DLC. Hope they sort that shit out

rob305

Game Pass only has base games, even for first party. Gears 5 had a DLC included but it was an exception.
Pretty sure this is not true. I dont play a lot of games on gamepass but I remember getting the ultimate edition of FH4 through it as well as the ultimate edition with all DLC for FFXV

Cool I'll definitely be grabbing this. Curious what they'll add as the previous dlc, even with it's new additions, felt like it stretched the existing content to it's limit.

Also please do not bring back that possessed demon crap or at least rework it somewhat. That whole element was way more tedious and frustrating than challenging.

This reminds me I still need to beat the game too. It got soo tough that I just put it down at some point. Might as well lower the difficulty and boot it back up.

The screenshots look cool. Really glad they made Eternal because ever since DOOM II came out I wanted a real "fighting demons in a city" type game. That game was great but it never got as close to that idea as this one did.

MiguelItUp

My understanding is what we're getting on Monday is the teaser, and that we'll get a full fledged trailer in the near future. Much like they did with Ancient Gods Pt. 1 where they dropped the teaser first, and then the actual trailer came a month later.

I don't care, just put it in my veins! Honestly I'm just excited that we're getting it this year.

Also, also, there's also this leaked shot as well..

905pwddnztl61.jpg

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Just finished my entire playthrough of Doom 1, Doom 2, BFG edition and its expansions this week and bought the year one pass for Eternal as I'm aching for more. I hear it's probably wise to finish Eternal on its highest difficulty first to get ready for the Ancient Gods?

I dont think I ever properly finished Doom 1 when I was a kid so I only just found out that all of this gibbing and carnage is because Doomguy is out for revenge after they butchered his pet rabbit Daisy. Amazing lore. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

7812180533422A0D7BD111C494A09408AB18FD66

8C6C05EE1F69C06D218D0E85D7919744EEA6A0F4

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Just finished my entire playthrough of Doom 1, Doom 2, BFG edition and its expansions this week and bought the year one pass as I'm aching for more. I hear it's probably wise to finish Eternal on its highest difficulty first to get ready for the Ancient Gods?

I dont think I ever properly finished Doom 1 when I was a kid so I only just found out that all of this gibbing and carnage is because Doomguy is out for revenge after they butchered his pet rabbit Daisy. Amazing lore. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

7812180533422A0D7BD111C494A09408AB18FD66

8C6C05EE1F69C06D218D0E85D7919744EEA6A0F4
If you want me more classic doom look at the packs on console or if you're on pc, Doom the Way ID did.

What about doom 2016?

You should definitely finish eternal before ancient gods.

TheShocker

I took a pause from this, hoping that there would be a next gen update. Maybe it will come with this DLC. Need to finish the main story line.

Ulysses 31

Just finished my entire playthrough of Doom 1, Doom 2, BFG edition and its expansions this week and bought the year one pass as I'm aching for more. I hear it's probably wise to finish Eternal on its highest difficulty first to get ready for the Ancient Gods?

Why did you skip Doom 64? :lollipop_confounded:
If you want me more classic doom look at the packs on console or if you're on pc, Doom the Way ID did.

What about doom 2016?

What about Doom 64? 👀

VN1X

Banned

What about doom 2016?

Why did you skip Doom 64? :lollipop_confounded:

What about Doom 64? 👀
Ah I already 100% both DOOM 2016 and DOOM64 (when that was released on PC recently). I've also already completed Eternal but then started a new playthrough on Nightmare (or whatever the highest difficulty is in that game) but never completed that run.

Love how good all this DOOM art looks next to eachother btw, with the titles all sorted chronologically:

05RFut7.png

I'll probably make a thread sometime detailing on how to sexify-up your Steam library with SteamEdit and SteamgridDB.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

MiguelItUp

I took a pause from this, hoping that there would be a next gen update. Maybe it will come with this DLC. Need to finish the main story line.
Yeah, I think that's certainly a possibility. Last I read/heard it was planned to drop this year. Maybe it will be teased this week as well, or when they release the actual trailer for Ancient Gods Pt. 2.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
And where did i say it does?
Keyword "MIGHT".
"Ultimate is supposed to include DLC Doom Eternal"

Sounds like you are saying GPU includes DLC for Doom Eternal. I get you said might at the end but it made it sound like you were saying DLC for all GP games in the future.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
"Ultimate is supposed to include DLC Doom Eternal"

Sounds like you are saying GPU includes DLC for Doom Eternal. I get you said might at the end but it made it sound like you were saying DLC for all GP games in the future.
While its one sentence its two points so for the pedantic a comma or full stop would have helped
Ultimate is supposed to include DLC. Doom Eternal.........

Last edited:
Top Bottom