• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal vs. Metro Exodus

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Doom Eternal

Votes: 121 73.8%
  • Metro Exodus

Votes: 43 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

VBpUZbn.jpg

GHG

Doom Eternal by a mile.

Only got a couple of hours into Exodus and found it to be a tedious slog. I might return and give it a go another day but I really don't like what they did in terms of moving away from the tighter levels of the first 2 games.

Sygma

Eternal utterly destroys Exodus because its that much more kinetic, extremely tight to play and it has insane encounter designs. Honestly Exodus was much better than 2033 and Last Light combined, but in itself it absolutely isn't an achievement whatsoever .. Stalker still is better

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Didn't particularly enjoy either of them but Metro Exodus handled like a complete fucking mess at launch and that's inexcusable to me. DOOM takes this round.

Ellery

Damn I liked both so much but for very different reasons.

Metro took me into the world and I had a great journey.
Doom was a lot of fun and I played through it 4 times.

What to do

Barnabot

I played Exodus. It shouldn't have stealh sections. It shouldn't lock the good ending by demanding me to be stealthy.

I'll go with Doom Eternal instead.

Doom Eternal by a mile.

Only got a couple of hours into Exodus and found it to be a tedious slog. I might return and give it a go another day but I really don't like what they did in terms of moving away from the tighter levels of the first 2 games.

First post nails it

I never finished it, what a slog. Too bad too since I really enjoyed the first one.

Doom easily. Metro Exodus is arguably my most disappointing game this generation. I fuckin hate that game with the power of a thousand suns.

Both are great, beat both on on hard/ranger.

I think exodus is way better. They aren't really comparable, but Exodus gets the edge. It's so damn immersive and playing it on PC really leaves it as one of the best looking games ever made. It's stunning on PC at 60+fps.

bender

What time is it?
Neither. Doom Eternal took everything I hated about Doom 2016 and cranked it to 11, which is too bad since the moment to moment action is still great. Metro is just too clunky for my tastes.

GlockSaint

Doom eternal by far. I initially hated it and felt that doom 2016 was better but when the game clicks you see just how much better it is than the first one. Metro exodus made me sleep in the first few hours. So this on is easy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably the first poll where the two games are close enough to reasonably compare.

Still waiting for a Skyrim vs. Tetris poll.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
They keep telling me that I was in Hell, but that game sure felt like being in heaven. <3

So yeah, voted for Doom Eternal, my GOTY for sure (until SMT V at least)

MrMephistoX

The biggest knock against Eternal from what I’ve heard is that it’s not as fresh as Doom 2016: but I never played 2016 so I had a blast. Metro has always just never interested me for some reason.

Last edited:

Arkam

Neither one set my world on fire. But Doom Eternal did disappoint me after Doom 2016. So Metro gets it for living up to my (slightly lower) expectations. If I hadn’t played Doom 2016 I probably would have voted Eternal.

jaysius

Banned
Do we really need a thread for each one of these match ups?

Some of these matchups make no sense whatsoever so the conclusions won't matter.

Maybe there needs to be a separate section for all of this thing, this is really gumming up the main page and taking valuable space from all the rumour threads posted as news about Next Gen consoles(fuck me right?).

There has to be a better way.

Top Bottom