• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Worm

Banned
nice boxart for the switch version :eek:

21728119_1924911894192151_7255702058201615713_n.png

Tried to make a slight change, but I'm no good with Photoshop:

QiArwqS.jpg

Wamb0wneD

It really depends on how big the game is if I get Doom or not. I wish they would just cut all the MP stuff and megatextures. I want to go all digital for not first party stuff but the size of the game and the boxart really make it hard this time...

Also yeah, this is how support looks. Fuck Capcom.

Fingers crossed for 60FPS!

Hey id, if you're reading this:

Put Doom 64 in this somehow. Replace the classic levels with Doom 64 levels, make it a post game unlockable, whatever. Whatever Midway legal issues exist, figure it out.

That's awesome, please let that be a thing.

My knowledge of these things are awful but it's software that bethesda asked nintendo to add support for in the switch and they added it.
From what i can read online it makes doom run really well.

It's a rendering system - ie, for generating the image of your game. Nothing to do with file size. The big thing is that thanks to various efficiencies it can eke greater performance out of the same hardware as in other rendering systems. This helps because it means the Switch GPU has a better shot at actually being able to run the game.

DrWong

There's a chance for gyro. Bethesda is taking it seriously and Skyrim already comes with some gyro integration.

I only own a Switch. What a pleasant surprise! I think I'll check these out.
Just to be sure: these are two with good single player modes, yes? I'm shit at online FPS.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Man, what a turn around after the monthly Bethesda interviews after Wii U's launch: "we have no plans about porting anything on Wii U" to being maybe the best 3rd party on Switch. I guess Todd wasn't lying that he was impressed by Nintendo's demo.

Man, what a turn around after the monthly Bethesda interviews after Wii U's launch: "we have no plans about porting anything on Wii U" to being maybe the best 3rd party on Switch. I guess Todd wasn't lying that he was impressed by Nintendo's demo.

At the moment it appears its Bethesda and Square Enix vying for Switch 3rd party support king.

I'll double dip in Doom if the price is right. I love that game but if it's full price I don't think I can justify it.

Wolfenstein is awesome news though and I'll probably pick it up for the Switch

Oh thanks i thought it was like some compression tool

No problem, i'm reading pc forums now and whilst it's confusing to me(don't laugh) most people say that when they added Vulkan support it made doom run like butter for those that could use it.
Depending on the pc people were getting up to a 40% increase in frame rate.
Makes sense that nintendo would add the support if it helped them bring these games to the system.

This person knows...
It's a rendering system - ie, for generating the image of your game. Nothing to do with file size. The big thing is that thanks to various efficiencies it can eke greater performance out of the same hardware as in other rendering systems. This helps because it means the Switch GPU has a better shot at actually being able to run the game.

SRTtoZ

Pretty cool but I doubt ill buy them on Switch since I already own Doom and will own Wolfenstein on PC.

All these ports and the one that I would still kill for is Dark Souls. Cmon Nintendo.

Finn

In for Wolfenstein. DOOM... eh. We'll see. Super cool to see third-party "mature" titles make their debut on the system.

KageMaru

Considering the visual degrade it should be.

The trailer footage had medium texture quality, so probably

Cool that's what I thought but wasn't sure. So far it's not looking bad all things considered. Textures are downgraded as expected, lighting and shadows have been heavily scaled back, and motion blur is reduced or cut entirely (viewing on my phone). However bokeh dof is still in and looked good. I'm impressed so far.

Doom is seriously one of the best games of this gen and one of the best single player FPS' of all time. I'm playing through for the third time rn. This is a megaton announcement for so many reasons.

Pretty cool but I doubt ill buy them on Switch since I already own Doom and will own Wolfenstein on PC.

All these ports and the one that I would still kill for is Dark Souls. Cmon Nintendo.

From was one of the partner companies on the graphic and we still have no idea what they're releasing

As for someone who has never played any of the two franchises.

Which is the best to start? Doom or Wolfenstein?

I had never played a DOOM game before and never really thought I'd like this type of game but I got the game based off of the amazing reception and I believe it deserves every bit of praise it got. An all time great IMO. What was it 3rd on here for GOTY behind Uncharted 4 and Overwatch? Should've been higher...

Never played a Wolfenstein game so can't help ya there :)

Top Bottom