• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
DaBuddaDa said:
If you nail the timing just right on Alchemist's stun it's brutal, I say!
If you nail the timing just right, making Alchemist stun himself is burtial I say! You can make him chain stun him self.

Also, it looks like it will be possible to host your own Dota 2 Server if you want, there is an entry in the Steam Registry for at Dota 2 Dedicated Server. Most likely will be the main way to play games with mod support. I wonder how long it will take for some dumb mod that lets each team have 12 players to come out once the software is opened up (And yes, the game does support 24 total players, turn on cheats in a practice game and just keep spawning bots, the game will stop you after the 24th player)

Spookie said:
Might have to wait a while.

I know he's probably on mumble flipping tables right now.
Shouldn't he be permanbanned, since he was a Junior Member? Or have they lightened up on that.

Hylian7

Drkirby said:
If you nail the timing just right, making Alchemist stun himself is burtial I say! You can make him chain stun him self.

Also, it looks like it will be possible to host your own Dota 2 Server if you want, there is an entry in the Steam Registry for at Dota 2 Dedicated Server. Most likely will be the main way to play games with mod support. I wonder how long it will take for some dumb mod that lets each team have 12 players to come out once the software is opened up (And yes, the game does support 24 total players, turn on cheats in a practice game and just keep spawning bots, the game will stop you after the 24th player)

Shouldn't he be permanbanned, since he was a Junior Member? Or have they lightened up on that.
Wait, did Yuber get banned for something Dota-related or what?

bluemax

Banned
I wish you got assists for healing. I just played a game as OmniKnight where I went 1/2/1 but if it had been LoL I probably would've had 10 or more assists. Bleh.

snack said:
I can't find any of my own games in the WATCH > RECENT GAMES section. Can anyone find theirs?

I believe the filtering is currently broken. I tried to find my friends game, and the filter didn't work, but when I scrolled through the list, I actually found their game. So if you know the approximate time of the game, you could try to find it, but it's sort of a pain. :)

deleted

I (finally) got in and played some practice games - lost 2, won 1.
I played Earthshaker and as far as I understand blink dagger is his key item.
Should I go for that as soon as I can, or should I first go for the magic boots?

Oh and what was the launch command for multiple cores? I got the -w -h -noborders thing, but I haven't found that one yet.

Swag

I played Earthshaker and as far as I understand blink dagger is his key item.
Should I go for that as soon as I can, or should I first go for the magic boots?
It really depends on how good your farming, if your farming well and think you can extend that farm for a while then it's feasible to rush Blink Dagger because you'll be able to setup fights earlier and just gain gold from there, but if your doing poorly you may want to first get mana boots so you can farm creep waves and build into Blink Dagger.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Oh and what was the launch command for multiple cores? I got the -w -h -noborders thing, but I haven't found that one yet.

-w 1920 -h 1200 -novid -refresh 60 -noforcemaccel -threads 4 -console -novid

Is what I use, pretty sure threads is the one you're after (don't think it does anything though)

deleted

It really depends on how good your farming, if your farming well and think you can extend that farm for a while then it's feasible to rush Blink Dagger because you'll be able to setup fights earlier and just gain gold from there, but if your doing poorly you may want to first get mana boots so you can farm creep waves and build into Blink Dagger.

Ok, I'll try to get good enough with him to get them first, then ;)

-w 1920 -h 1200 -novid -refresh 60 -noforcemaccel -threads 4 -console -novid

Is what I use, pretty sure threads is the one you're after (don't think it does anything though)

thanks.

I love the new multiquote and quickedit features :)

Swag

Ok, I'll try to get good enough with him to get them first, then ;)
It's a rarity that you can just rush Blink Dagger so do't expect that to be the norm, more times then none you'll be getting Mana Boots, Bracer, Magic Stick then farming Blink Dagger, and getting it between 20-27 minutes depending on how well your team is doing with team fights.

Valygar

If you have not fiddled with your resolution, you might want to. I've tried to and arrived to this conclusion:

My monitor's natural resolution is 1280x1024, but , I may stick with the 1280 x 960 resolution. Why? The shown distance between top and bottom of the ingame image seems to be the same. In the 1280x960 resolution, those 960 pixels are the line between top and bottom of the ingame image (the black bars are the 1024-960=84 pixels not used) So the image, as a result, is a bit smaller in your screen in the vertical axis with the 1280 x 960 , but it still shows the same distance ingame as the 1280 x 1024 one (no black bars).

But what happens with the horizontal axis? It's 1280 pixels for both resolutions, but in the 1280x960 the ingame image is already smaller (to fit the 960 vertical pixes) and you see more distance in the horizontal axis (because the ingame image being smaller, means the camera is a bit more far), whereas with the 1280x1024 some things are cut.

1280x1024
1280x960

PS: And here is what happens with 1280x720 . It's a lot of difference. Again, not a bug, but something to consider, even if it's only for us players to choose our resolution.

Don't really know what to do, already posted it in the dev's forum. Might try to play with the 1280x720, a third of extra view is sure useful. But the text seems so small! :(

PS: It seems 1280x800 is pretty nice. Might use it with borderless window...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bah, such a long, fun game, and we lost in the end. Too bad that Shadow Shaman put 2 points in this funny nuke that he has on the first levels and was basically useless untill mid-late game...

dorkimoe

Gold Member
If you have not fiddled with your resolution, you might want to. I've tried to and arrived to this conclusion:

My monitor's natural resolution is 1280x1024, but , I may stick with the 1280 x 960 resolution. Why? The shown distance between top and bottom of the ingame image seems to be the same. In the 1280x960 resolution, those 960 pixels are the line between top and bottom of the ingame image (the black bars are the 1024-960=84 pixels not used) So the image, as a result, is a bit smaller in your screen in the vertical axis with the 1280 x 960 , but it still shows the same distance ingame as the 1280 x 1024 one (no black bars).

But what happens with the horizontal axis? It's 1280 pixels for both resolutions, but in the 1280x960 the ingame image is already smaller (to fit the 960 vertical pixes) and you see more distance in the horizontal axis (because the ingame image being smaller, means the camera is a bit more far), whereas with the 1280x1024 some things are cut.

1280x1024
1280x960

PS: And here is what happens with 1280x720 . It's a lot of difference. Again, not a bug, but something to consider, even if it's only for us players to choose our resolution.

Don't really know what to do, already posted it in the dev's forum. Might try to play with the 1280x720, a third of extra view is sure useful. But the text seems so small! :(

Mine is 1680x1050 or whatever. I need to mess with it, because yeah i cant see shit

Spookie

Did I miss the memo? Is it bad Pudge day? Fucking 1/15 hooks. No one can be that shite. :/

Edit: They REALLY need to implement matchmaking via language too.

NG28

1280x1024
1280x960

Thank you for posting this. I'll have to check it out. I also noticed that your UI isn't messed up in 1280x1024, but mine and a few others UI is shifted to the left when in that resolution. Hopefully switching to the other resolution fixes that.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
f179k.jpg

yes! best game i ever played. Hongaf didnt have to carry me!

Valygar

Thank you for posting this. I'll have to check it out. I also noticed that your UI isn't messed up in 1280x1024, but mine and a few others UI is shifted to the left when in that resolution. Hopefully switching to the other resolution fixes that.

I think this was corrected in yesterday patch, but still, the area you can see is very small.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Been playing Furion most of the day and he's pretty fun, especially when people don't even try to stop you farming and I love using his Ult and all you here is the last hit sound. Also has to be the most annoying here at end game, any time you try and push out you just TP in and wreck their base.

x3r0123

Did I miss the memo? Is it bad Pudge day? Fucking 1/15 hooks. No one can be that shite. :/

Edit: They REALLY need to implement matchmaking via language too.

thats a nice idea but most people that i played with speak english. Just wait for spanish/portuguese flow :p
Maybe they should have an option to only look for people that know the specific languages

f@luS

More than a member.
just got into beta

50-60fps with my old radeon 4850 is so amazing...just no antialiasing it kill my framerate (1920*1080 here)

Card Boy

Banned
how do i make it so the channel NeoGAF is always logged in? I only found it by chance by scrolling through the channel list.

Soodes

how do i make it so the channel NeoGAF is always logged in? I only found it by chance by scrolling through the channel list.

There should be a cfg folder somewhere in your dota 2 folder. In a autoexec.cfg file there you simply need to enter "chat_join Neogaf" without the " ". If there is no such file, just copy another cfg file rename it to autoexec and replace everything with just that line.

Dynamic3

Do stats have any effect on abilities that don't explicitly say so?

For example, does adding a point of int for Zeus increase the damage of his ult?

Madouu

Clockwerk is really awful compared to Pharaoh :( I hope they improve the walls ...

On the other hand, I like tidehunter, pretty straightforward, works well and the animations are pretty clear. Same goes for Shadow Fiend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom