• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Never played Windrunner before... just tried her out and HOLY CRAP <3!!!!! Same game, I got a force staff for the first time as well, those things are fun as hell to use.

ksan

I haven't seen a Sniper in a Pro game for the last year or so and most pro's won't play him in pubs because he is a very boring hero to play.

There has been some games with push intensive line ups where Sniper has been picked to have a hero with carry potential.

Sniper is bad because you need to build a team around him. He is only good for stealing last hits and maybe pushing.

I don't necessarily agree with that he's outright bad, but I think the fact that you pretty much have to build your team around him to be effective. And if you're gonna build a team around a hero, why not someone stronger than sniper?

Finalow

Clearly you did not go max Take Aim and stats build, best build.
no the problem is that can be killed like np if enemy team is good, gank? You're dead, stun? Your dead, even at your fucking tower. Pudge? You're dead. Riki? You're dead. etc.
like every hero if he gets 20 kills and 10k gold yeah, can be scary.

Sanjay

no the problem is that can be killed like np if enemy team is good, gank? You're dead, stun? Your dead, even at your fucking tower. Pudge? You're dead. Riki? You're dead. etc.

That's why you go stats and max skill 3, last hit from far away as possible and increases your dmg and hp pool. Buy Wards, ask support to help etc.

JustinBB7

Sounds more like bad positioning. If pudge can hook you, you're standing too close, if Rikki can kill you, you're standing alone with no tower near you, get stunned? too close. If you are alone and get ganked every hero dies, not just Sniper. Sniper has a very long range so stay back more.

Hylian7

I played Alchemist for the first time ever yesterday. They need to make the timer be above or below the health bar, not under it.

I dislike seeing sniper mid, he doesn't gank and is extremely vulnerable to being ganked when he is mid.

He needs the easy lane with a babysitter to be good.

Dina

I'm done with solo queueing until they make matchmaking more transparant. It's either a complete stomp or utter domination. Three brackets of skill is not cutting it and it being hidden is even worse.

Hylian7

I'm done with solo queueing until they make matchmaking more transparant. It's either a complete stomp or utter domination. Three brackets of skill is not cutting it and it being hidden is even worse.

And party queueing won't be a complete stomp in your favor? It usually is if we bring a party of at least 3.

Guesong

They should simply take a page from Call of Duty (gasp I know) and introduce Mercenary Matchmaking, an option you can only take if you are alone in your party.

But imagine being able to use my ability effectively without relying on counting in my head.

fair enough. lol. I don't like Alchie anyway. Not yet. Just seems like...idunno. I suppose if you need to have a stun character/tank, he'll do. I just feel like there are better tanks and better stun characters anyway.

anyway, my next step is learning to gank better. Or to be specific, ganking behind enemy lines (in the lanes that go between towers) and coordinating with a team to facilitate those sorts of ganks. I'm extremely effective at ganking the easy lanes with my Lina and Zeus play when the other team is pushing, but I've been finding it difficult when my own team is pushing lanes or is poorly coordinated among themselves. I find Lina provides more reward but with decidedly more risk than Zeus. The delay on that stun...it's depressing when you miss but with the stun delay you have to anticipate where the enemy will be...so misses will happen. Speaking of which, it sure is nice when you're laning Lina with someone like Sven. Can't miss the stun when they're already stunned. lol.

If there are any tips for ganking with Lina, i'd appreciate them. I tend to look to start ganking as soon I hit level 6 or 7, assuming I've secured my Boots + Void Stone or Power Treads (depending on my build). But often times by the time you make that long trek to mid or the other side lane, opportunities are gone and you've missed 2 or 3 creep waves worth of farm and/or xp. :(

+1

I've had a few epic matches in MM, but most are rofflestomps one way or the other. One feeder can break a game that's otherwise playing even-up.

Sibylus

Banned
again, it's me or Sniper sucks against good players?
Are there some pro players that usually play with him? :(
He was picked at least once during the international, but I can't remember the outcome of that game.

Only hero in the pool that wasn't picked was Axe, heh.

dorkimoe

but that's really all it is: annoying. it'll never change the outcome of a fight. IDK. He seems so wack to me.

Well if someone (a real carry) is behind him, he is a good support for slowing someone trying to get away. Ive been killed by that stun a bunch, but then again I suck

After playing a ton of games exclusively as Lich, Tidehunter feels so much more fun to play. He's a lot more tankier and a good Ravage initiation feels way more satisfying.

Well if someone (a real carry) is behind him, he is a good support for slowing someone trying to get away. Ive been killed by that stun a bunch, but then again I suck
I understand. I just...there seem like there are so much more valuable characters. Only time I've seen a difference-making Sniper is if he's fed by noobs. idk.
After playing a ton of games exclusively as Lich, Tidehunter feels so much more fun to play. He's a lot more tankier and a good Ravage initiation feels way more satisfying.

Tide ult + Lich ult = tough combo in team fights. as long as the other 3 teammates are competent, #winning.

I understand. I just...there seem like there are so much more valuable characters. Only time I've seen a difference-making Sniper is if he's fed by noobs. idk.

Tide ult + Lich ult = tough combo in team fights. as long as the other 3 teammates are competent, #winning.

My issue with Lich's ultimate was that I found myself in a lot of matches against an opposing Antimage who would blink out and break the Frost Chain (even if I wasn't specifically targeting him at first). It was super annoying..

I really want to start playing a carry soon but my leveling always drops off mid game for some reason (probably a biproduct of playing almost exclusively as support but being 3 levels behind consistently during midgame can't be good).

My issue with Lich's ultimate was that I found myself in a lot of matches against an opposing Antimage who would blink out and break the Frost Chain (even if I wasn't specifically targeting him at first). It was super annoying..

max annoying. Lich ulting only for Sand King to go sand storm mode. SO MAD.

Hylian7

I find myself yelling "What a Frozen Waste!" when that happens as well..

What frustrates me is if it's early game and somehow I'm right up close to a hero, and I try to hook them as Pudge.....and miss, at point fucking blank. The animation always feels it takes to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom