• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

Hi guys. I now have access to the beta but I've never played this type of game before. Is there a user friendly newb's guide to help me suck less?

the short answer is no, try and find a friend who can teach you is my advise. Also play vs. bots to learn how to use the shop and things like that.

Guesong

Story of SS this game :

1. Start at full mana.
2. Bounces around to get some charges.
3. End up going too hungry and head in 3-4 heroes by himself while running out of mana.
4. Dies.

smh, smh

mr. puppy

Banned
i can't believe Phase Shift is now free and they gave him another projectile dodge for some fucking reason just to piss me off. Puck doesn't even die anymore.

Hi guys. I now have access to the beta but I've never played this type of game before. Is there a user friendly newb's guide to help me suck less?

First Watch

Map Guide

Then read

From there..(warning long vids)

How to spend starting gold

Laning

Item Summary

Warding for map vision

Reference

For specific heroes, look up guides on playdota and then watch the corresponding Purge plays with ..... to get a basic understanding of how the hero plays.

Also, if someone has a good positioning guide/micro'ing guide, please throw it out there as I'm interested in that as well..

Finalow

Ward the easy camp, stack the hard camps, buy a ghost sceptre, carry tps, push him out of the jungle, ward rosh,
pick Naga
. Come on kid.
uh? I didn't write "OH NOES LYCAN TOO STRONK" or "HOW DO I COUNTER HIM OMG" just saying that he's pretty popular.
learn to read, kid.

Insured

That's because SD and Bane are harder than right click > win
If that were true, why would so many people pick Invoker?! I think it has more to do with the public perception of what is "imbalanced" and "easy to win with" because winning is obviously all that matters :l

Guesong

Ah hahaha!

Eat dirt and die, Bulba.

Trashtalking in tournaments? Not cool.

Said trashtalker getting suddendly overwhelmed JUST after having trashtalked and now the game is totally turned around? Best thing ever.

Insured

I really dislike people who trashtalk in competitive games in general, but in clashes like this it sure makes for more entertainment :>

Artanisix

Invoker is very easy to be useful with just with emp/nado/cold snap. In low level games this is all you need, and Bane and SD are more challenging than shooting a 3k range tornado and following with cold snap.

nope, didn't see in every game one SD or one Bane etc. at least I didn't.

That's because Bane sucks, and SD takes a modicum of skill.

If that were true, why would so many people pick Invoker?! I think it has more to do with the public perception of what is "imbalanced" and "easy to win with" because winning is obviously all that matters :l

EMP/Tornado, insta-win, easy, supa-easy. In other words, yes, what you said also applies.

If it's worth anything my best pub stomp hero is ursa.

I don't really play invoker and I haven't touched lycan yet.

Ursa is easy to win with and easy to use, especially if you have a rhasta or lion on your team, or veno.

Slo

Artanisix

Awesome game. As much as I love Fear and Maelk, I was kinda rooting for ItsGosu because Demon is a complete prick if you've ever played with him in games before.

Dina

Even if they are friends and the smacktalk was friendly banter, I was rooting for ItsGosu at the end of it all.

GB2China!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom