• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
i hate snipers cuz u kno the guy is gona farm all game to be the shittiest most useless carry ever. not to mention assassinate is really useful. hes only gona own if ur team is winning the game in the first place

dorkimoe

I could watch some of these big named guys play stormspirit all fucking day. I mean seriously. That game where G played him and had a like 45 mana regen was insane. They just fly around

Irish

i hate snipers cuz u kno the guy is gona farm all game to be the shittiest most useless carry ever. not to mention assassinate is really useful. hes only gona own if ur winning the game in the first place

and while everyone else on the team is worried about perhaps leveling up for some team fights, Sniper has gone ahead and pushed all the towers and won the game for you. Congrats. :p

Oreoleo

Just had my first good game following a Tidehunter guide I read. Ended the game with Aegis of Immortal and a Refresher Orb and a bunch of other high level trinkets with gold to spare. 7-6-15 with another carry on my team doing a bit better than that. I feel like I could climb a mountain right now yeahhhhhhhhhhhh B)

Sibylus

Banned
I kinda suck and have no clue what im talking about. But i would guess the best way is to force team fights. If they have someone in jungle just 5 man up and push a lane to force that other person out of the jungle. If they dont come out of the jungle to help, then just keep taking towers
In addendum, having one or more Scythes of Vyse on the team can be really helpful. Force Staffs and Ghost Scepters for defensive purposes on vulnerable supports. BKBs on your own carries and your big disablers (like Shadow Shaman)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
and while everyone else on the team is worried about perhaps leveling up for some team fights, Sniper has gone ahead and pushed all the towers and won the game for you. Congrats. :p

Sniper isn't a well liked carry because he has no mobility, no escapes, poor hp pool, and no good disable. He needs to be carried by his team to be effective.

Calling him a good tower pusher is just wrong compared to any real pusher: Chen, Enchant, Enigma, Brood, Lycan, Sylla, etc.

Sanjay

good news and bad news:
-I can stream now! Madcasts incoming
-I lost to Lirlond mid! I lose to everybody mid.

1uzkvo.png

Final step up and duel with this man.

Deadly

I get the talk about lycan now. I've only been warded once but even then I wrecked :lol I have trouble doing rosh solo when I get treads+vlads though. Tips?

Finalow

yeah pushed all the towers and feeding enemis that ganked him. 'cause even heroes like enigma can gank and kill him.

Finalow

final here is an offer you can't refuse: if you duel kappy 1v1 mid and beat him, i will finally accept your friend request
1. again, who the hell is kappy.
2. actually I don't give a fuck about you, just sent a friend request like I did on almost all the people here. someone is nice someone else is an assh .. I mean, rude.

Dynamic3

Sniper isn't a well liked carry because he has no mobility, no escapes, poor hp pool, and no good disable. He needs to be carried by his team to be effective.

Calling him a good tower pusher is just wrong compared to any real pusher: Chen, Enchant, Enigma, Brood, Lycan, Sylla, etc.

Shadow Blade, just like Drow.

He is a good pusher, just in a different fashion than the heroes you listed.

Kapura

Banned
oh he's "kappy" then.
next IH AR I will mid against him, the last time he sucked hard with enigma if I remember correctly.

Hmm, as I remember it, I was calling you out to mid for about ten minutes before and into the match. Then I randomed Enigma and didn't back down, while you randomed Warlock and proceeded to man down like a bitch. You then complained about how bad of a hero Warlock is, while I got the firstblood with the help from a roamer on my team. Is that not accurate?

I play sniper by going full range passive and stats up until 6, get ult, max out range, start maxing out damage/stun passive and keep going stats until next ult level, then a few levels in shrapnel.

Build order: Wraith Band, Magic Stick, Phase (for much needed early escapes and mid rune hunting), Maelstrom, and then dynamic based on game performance/enemy team.

With Maelstrom and level 1 shrapnel I can clear a creep wave in 2-4 hits by level 10. Push is rather crazy. The short CD on Assassination lets it be used as initiation and also chasing, and max stun plus Maelstrom can do multiple unit damage over a very short period of time, along with the mini-stun.

I'd say he's not the best carry in the game, but he scales well, and with good positioning can be effective, especially when playing defensively.

Finalow

Hmm, as I remember it, I was calling you out to mid for about ten minutes before and into the match. Then I randomed Enigma and didn't back down, while you randomed Warlock and proceeded to man down like a bitch. You then complained about how bad of a hero Warlock is, while I got the firstblood with the help from a roamer on my team. Is that not accurate?
I didn't mid 'cause you're too stronk bro.
but I remember that you lost pretty bad that game, big late black holes capturing all the enemy team without anyone on your team doing some damage 'cause they were all dead.

final thrown into the trash compactor of the death star. cy@@@@@@@@
glad you had fun kid, unlike you tho I can't waste my time so not sure if we can remake.
then I'm scared, like I said you're too stronk bro.

but oh, game was nice.

Artanisix

I don't even get magic stick on Sniper since I tend to end up so far away from fights anyway. Skill build is similar to sersteven's although I don't grab headshot until 10 and I don't get any points in shrapnel. Extra stats gives you last hit power, much needed HP to survive gangs, and extra mana to spam snipe.

Item wise, generally this is my train of thought:
->Start with: either a wraith band + tango or blade of attack + tango. Your range allows you to get away with little regen given proper positioning
->Phase boots+2 wraith early game. Once you get phase, if you play smart, you're basically unkillable and you're extremely annoying in lane.
->Yasha for extra movement speed (important for positioning yourself safely)

From here it splits into different builds
->For most games I build towards Mjolnir. This item is incredibly good at buffing up the much-needed tanky str hero going in that'll keep heroes away from you (Beastmaster, Tide, Clock, Nightstalker, etc.). It also gives you plenty of attack speed for nasty headshot procs. Also, normally Sniper struggles against heroes with stacked armor; Mjolnir allows you to bypass this weakness completely.
->Follow it up with MKB or Daedelus
->IF they have evasion heroes such as Windrunner or Void; go MKB after yasha and then Mask of Madness. Your range allows you to use this item very safely.

Things to keep in mind:
-Certain tanky heroes that can close the gap are YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE as Sniper. Slardar, Nightstalker, Pudge all make me think twice about choosing this hero.
-If you aren't careful, you WILL be food. Map awareness is crucial to playing Sniper.
-You can easily kill heroes in your lane once you hit 6 and have Phase Boots. Striking them while "orb walking" at your massive range really pisses people off, and a lot of them won't be able to escape from your range and speed. End it with a long range ulti and woohoo, free gold.
-Your goal is to pick off supports and other heroes very quickly in teamfights. As long as you don't get a desolator, it's rather difficult to track where Sniper is attacking from in teamfights. You do a shocking amount of damage at range once you have your core items; a lot of people will underestimate this.

Make sure you scream THANKS FOR STANDING STILL WANKER in all chat every time you kill someone with your ultimate.

Kapura

Banned
I didn't mid 'cause you're too stronk bro.
but I remember that you lost pretty bad that game, big late black holes capturing all the enemy team without anyone on your team doing some damage 'cause they were all dead.

glad you had fun kid, unlike you tho I can't waste my time so not sure if we can remake.
then I'm scared, like I said you're too stronk bro.

but oh, game was nice.

you're terrible kid. Stop making excuses.

Guesong

you're terrible kid. Stop making excuses.

I gotta side with Kappy on this one. You didn't mid cause he was too stronk but you called him out like 6 posts before about him sucking badly that game? wat

Also Kappy got swindled thinking we were all going troll builds that game where it turns out I did not do anything troll on my Dark Seer except not getting boots whatsoever.

Big illusions plays, what can a team do!

Ok GAF, I think I've reached that point in playing Dota, when I'm ready to learn how to play Invoker. I know pretty much everything about his skills and how / when to cast'em. Could you guys share with me some item builds?

JustinBB7

Ok GAF, I think I've reached that point in playing Dota, when I'm ready to learn how to play Invoker. I know pretty much everything about his skills and how / when to cast'em. Could you guys share with me some item builds?

Suggested is fine, regen items, bracer, phase boots, drums, sheepstick, agh scepter

Though I can't farm like the pro's so I usually just get the void stone, and then go for agh scepter. If the game is still going on I finish my sheep.

just be aware that because of his various nerfs and buffs, things have changed for him.

I like Eul's and Force Staff on him. book if there's time.

Guesong

Starting items should be Blades/Tango/Salve.

You don't need much regen with that Quas, Blades lets you last hit easier early game. It's win-win, as it also contributes to your Phase Boots.

eul's/phase/drums -> sheep/late game agh is the usual build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom