• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread V: Real Talk Strikes Back [Tutorials]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Huskar + Dom Helm + AC = fucking ridiculous.

My only real loss of the night was basically from an AC Huskar. We were 4v5 because of an early abandon, but that AC was doing work.

edit: anyone else watching Anuxi's stream? always so fascinating.

heh a I'm not sure how people will receive this set but I can always make another and hope it goes through.
Trying to make something a bit more tailored to the Chinese market ans case i love butterfly armour. shits fun to make too.
Cheers for the pimp though :D

I'm bustin to play dotas but I'm stressin to get this set done by tuesday.

heh a I'm not sure how people will receive this set but I can always make another and hope it goes through.
Trying to make something a bit more tailored to the Chinese market ans case i love butterfly armour. shits fun to make too.
Cheers for the pimp though :D

I'm bustin to play dotas but I'm stressin to get this set done by tuesday.

Watched a bit of the stream, amazing skills. I think I'm going to try my hand at it...granted I know CAD programs and have worked with 3DS before, might as well YOLO it.

shira

ieIjVUcaTGCT2.png

gabeN be praised

PL is still pissing me off like no other hero in history.

smh.

Can someone explain why tghwe manta ray is so well regarded? seems quite expensive and im quite horrible at microing..is it good for the right click damage?

F!ReW!Re

Can someone explain why tghwe manta ray is so well regarded? seems quite expensive and im quite horrible at microing..is it good for the right click damage?

You mean manta style probably: improved attack speed (so yes it's good for right clicking), movement speed and mirror images/illusions.. What's not to like?

Stats:
+10 Strength
+26 Agility
+10 Intelligence
+15 Attack speed
+10% Movement speed

You really don't need any micro'ing skills to use it anyway.
And I don't know if it still works, but on luna it also makes the illusions' glaives bounce.

shira

I think the images and the dispelling when used are the most important aspects. The right click damage is good. Also you can disassemble it if you don't like it.

So what counters Huskar now?

Enchantress, TA, Axe and Timbersaw?

aside from the ones I listed earlier, Troll Warlord shouldn't have a big problem dealing with huskar I think he's your best bet if you want to take care of it yourself, brewmaster could be really good if you level up his miss chance debuff instead of his passive (which unfortunately in this case is tied to his ult now), Tusk may be able to burst him down pretty quick and he also has frozen sigil, prioritize that over snowball. Doom disables his passive iirc, slardar can help the physical output of your team's damage, Lone druid could probably do good against him, ursa could out 1 v 1 him, naix probably could get him too if you pop enrage as he is ulting you, razor could drain his damage pretty quick since he only gains attack speed, bane can enfeeble him or ult him probably a really good choice. Rhasta could be good if you ward trap + shackle, but that is a waste of wards.

edit: aa is a good pick against huskar because he auto kills once a hero reaches an hp threshold, he also has a good duration stun if you can keep someone in place long enough.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Timbersaw pick!!! YASSSS!

aside from the ones I listed earlier, Troll Warlord shouldn't have a big problem dealing with huskar I think he's your best bet if you want to take care of it yourself, brewmaster could be really good if you level up his miss chance debuff instead of his passive (which unfortunately in this case is tied to his ult now), Tusk may be able to burst him down pretty quick and he also has frozen sigil, prioritize that over snowball. Doom disables his passive iirc, slardar can help the physical output of your team's damage, Lone druid could probably do good against him, ursa could out 1 v 1 him, naix probably could get him too if you pop enrage as he is ulting you, razor could drain his damage pretty quick since he only gains attack speed, bane can enfeeble him or ult him probably a really good choice. Rhasta could be good if you ward trap + shackle, but that is a waste of wards.

edit: aa is a good pick against huskar because he auto kills once a hero reaches an hp threshold, he also has a good duration stun if you can keep someone in place long enough.

Thanks... :)

You mean manta style probably: improved attack speed (so yes it's good for right clicking), movement speed and mirror images/illusions.. What's not to like?

Stats:
+10 Strength
+26 Agility
+10 Intelligence
+15 Attack speed
+10% Movement speed

You really don't need any micro'ing skills to use it anyway.
And I don't know if it still works, but on luna it also makes the illusions' glaives bounce.

ok, you've touched on it as my question was regarding the active/rather than the passive. i'll give it a go today after spamming the ulti.

funnily enough it was regarding Luna anyway..

Weaver is a soft counter to huskar. He jumps you, you can w to escape. Or you can fight him, semi-bursting him down with your e proccing and then ulting to get all that health back and finish him off.

Sibylus

Banned
So what counters Huskar now?

Enchantress, TA, Axe and Timbersaw?
necro, aa
I think Necro's out now, but AA will definitely keep him locked down and defeat lifesteal for the duration of the fight.

Anywho, some additional sources:

Counters (if not magic immune)
[Pure]
http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Pure#Pure

Counters (especially if magic immune)
[Physical]
http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Pure#Abilities (Especially Axe, both his spin and ult don't curr about Huskar's BKB)

[HP Removal]
Bloodseeker - Rupture
Warlock - Fatal Bonds
Urn (Will kill the shit out of him when he's low enough to be over 80-90% MR)

And theory-crafting here, but a Lion or a Lina still can be useful against him, but they must, must, MUST pop their ultimate on him when he is near very full health (100%-87%) to make it anything other than pointless.

TL;DR: Axe with a Blade Mail! Build Axe and a Blade Mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom