• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Well, if the game gets released this week, I guess it would still be in gaming until the end of TI3. In fact, we could just likely make a new OT, since I am sure it will be at about 15k post by then.

The International generally gets its own thread.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying that there are heroes in CM in Dota 1 that aren't in Dota 2. I really want Troll Warlord, Elder Titan, and Centaur to be put in already. Hopefully this week along with Abby and Legion.

ET isnt in I think cause he was like Slark in that his skills have or had lots of bugs.

ET isnt in I think cause he was like Slark in that his skills have or had lots of bugs.
Which is hilarious because if I remember correctly on the dev forum there was an effort to make him the first hero completely bug free from test server to normal release.

They failed pretty hard.

Lotto

look_who_s_coming_for_dinner__by_foxprite-d6cm8lu.jpg

hey look guys anime naga

i'm sorry
not really

Einbroch

Banned
Pudge's hook actually makes no sense. It just goes through people then magically materializes when it's hooked onto someone. It's not like you have to throw it passed someone then catch them on the way back.

Also anime Naga is adorz <3

BeesEight

I was wondering if that's the case. I was really looking forward to seeing his impact (if any) on the professional scene. I don't even recall his bugs being addressed in that last couple of patches either.

I hope they can polish him up for the International but at this rate it's looking like that's a pipe dream.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pudge is dead? He's a butcher - he's not Abomination.

Why the fuck do I get chewed out for posting TA --> QoP
zzz

Shira I think your post spamming has overloaded your brain cause I didnt say anything that could possibly be construed as saying Pudge was undead, not that it matters either way.

So I'm really confused. Did you quote the wrong post?

Einbroch

Banned
Someone explain Raise your dongers to me.

&#8220;Raise Your Dongers&#8221; is a catchphrase coined by the League of Legends (LoL) player Michael Santana, better known by his online handle Imaqtipie, that is associated with the champion character Heimerdinger. Although its precise meaning is unclear, the phrase has since been adopted by his fans on the live video chatting service Twit Chat, along with its emoticon form &#8220;&#12541;&#3900;&#3720;&#1604;&#860;&#3720;&#3901;&#65417; raise your dongers &#12541;&#3900;&#3720;&#1604;&#860;&#3720;&#3901;&#65417;.

According to Redditor Cosmoviking,[5] Santana would often play the LoL champion character Heimerdinger, whom he initially nicknamed &#8220;donger.&#8221; Santana subsequently used the phrase &#8220;dongsquad&#8221; as a password for his subscribers, which fans began spamming in Twitch TV along with the code-term &#8220;420&#8221;, in a similar vein to the expression &#8220;420 blaze it&#8221;.&#8221;

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/raise-your-dongers

If you're not stealing champions from League (Puck, really? More like Lissandra) you're stealing the memes. Scum.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What major bugs does ET have?

The only one I can think of is the fact his armor reduction doesn't work properly with any heroes that have skills that increase armor. Like Dragon Knight's Dragon Blood should raise his base armor, not be + Armor, so Elder Titan's Armor debuff doesn't work as well as it should. But I think the actual reason he isn't in CM is simply Valve wanting to lock down the pool.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can you not read? Star shaped skillshot.

Star. Shaped. Skillshot. Show me where that exists anywhere. The game's changing and Dota is lagging behind.

Does that one champ who's skill shot is a crescent arc still have an advantage on one side, or did Riot make the direction alternate between teams?

Einbroch

Banned
Does that one hero's who skill shot a crescent arc still have an advantage on one side, or did Riot make the direction alternate between teams?

:lol at Riot fixing anything. Back to Dota, Skeleton King is awesome. Everything about him is awesome.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is this?

There is a moon themed lady in LoL called Diana. She has a skill shot that goes in a counter clockwise arc, and gives vision. On Purple Team, she can use her skill shot to easily check the entire length of the bushes for enemies, while on blue team she can only check a single point, making her significantly stronger on one team.

BeesEight

There is a moon themed lady in LoL called Diana. She has a skill shot that goes in a counter clockwise arc, and gives vision. On Purple Team, she can use her skill shot to easily check the entire length of the bushes for enemies, while on blue team she can only check a single point, making her significantly stronger on one team.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

It's crazy the amount of individual interactions you get between skills in these games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does that one champ who's skill shot is a crescent arc still have an advantage on one side, or did Riot make the direction alternate between teams?

No, Diana kind of favors one side over another.

It's not really significant though, since League is mostly mirrored.

BigAT

Has anyone had any audio problems where all non-Dota audio suddenly gets turned down when you actually enter a game? It's only been happening to me the last few days, but it started out of nowhere.

Has anyone had any audio problems where all non-Dota audio suddenly gets turned down when you actually enter a game? It's only been happening to me the last few days, but it started out of nowhere.

Hmm I sometimes do have that. Windows 8?

I think it might have something to do with alt-tabbing. Not sure what the culprit is though.

elyetis

That Sand King boots of speed + urn of shadow + fucking diffusal blade - trench.

I really need to accept that the trench really will never end for me.

Yesterday it was Shadow demon power thread + shadow blade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom