• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
grats you're part of the problem

seems like you enjoy blatant sexism but not everyone else has to

notice how i never made a statement on my view of the butt slap (or how it brings me any joy for that matter rofl) just the futility (and hilarity) of discussing the "realism"

i.e. "the butt slap isn't realistic and should be removed" (what i'm laughing at) vs. "i don't like the butt slap, it's fkn sexist and unnecessary, and should be removed"

but grats for being that guy who goes around putting words in other people's mouths, lots of gaffers enjoy that particular shindig. yes i am a sexist, homophobic, racist mongrel cuZ i laughed at a discussion surrounding muscle physics in a video game im caught red handed

i am almost as bad as known heterophobe tobear

Vade

grats you're part of the problem

seems like you enjoy blatant sexism but not everyone else has to

mjvSpJ2.gif

Russ T

Banned
notice how i never made a statement on my view of the butt slap (or how it brings me any joy for that matter rofl) just the futility (and hilarity) of discussing the "realism"

i.e. "the butt slap isn't realistic and should be removed" (what i'm laughing at) vs. "i don't like the butt slap, it's fkn sexist and unnecessary, and should be removed"

but grats for being that guy who goes around putting words in other people's mouths, lots of gaffers enjoy that particular shindig. yes i am a sexist, homophobic, racist mongrel cuZ i laughed at a discussion surrounding muscle physics in a video game im caught red handed

i am almost as bad as known heterophobe tobear

you insinuated that it's not worth talking about

that's shutting down the conversation

on its own the comment would've been fine and i would've ignored it as yet another dota gaf thing but you directly responded to something i was talking about AND you don't exactly have a history of showing an understanding about these things in this thread

forgive me for reading your posts and inferring things based on your general attitude, it suddenly occurs to me that you were probably lying in every single post you've ever written

I'm having issues playing offlane enchantress. I don't think my itemization is right and I'm constantly oom after fights.

-can't decide between treads and phase. Both have their uses and drawbacks...basically I'm feeling the drawbacks when I build one as opposed to the other (get easily bursted with phase/ get kited with treads)

-mana- I'm oom after fights but I try to resist going back to fountain. I'll fairy myself clarities but it's taxing.

-farm- it's great when I'm getting kills but I find myself falling behind quickly since I don't farm fast enough with enchantress.

- I've seen some pro go brown boots,tango and clarity...Is it valid for us trench mortals? I tried it last game and it seemed to work out (of course I was 1 v1 against an ursa and I completely zoned him out- we also won the other lanes)

I'm enjoying playing her when things go right but I feel like a spectator when things go wrong.

Vade

on its own the comment would've been fine and i would've ignored it as yet another dota gaf thing but you directly responded to something i was talking about AND you don't exactly have a history of showing an understanding about these things in this thread

forgive me for reading your posts and inferring things based on your general attitude, it suddenly occurs to me that you were probably lying in every single post you've ever written

uFRDDpv.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is it fair to complain about sexism in video games with the amount of fucking lewd anime trash that gets posted in here?

Low Tier

what does this even mean if u dont mind me asking

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is it a Dota gaf thing to argue about things not even remotely related to Dota

it's a dotagaf thing to complain, argue about air and semantics, post anime, and conjure up posts and claims that don't exist apparently and then proceed to argue and brilliantly defeat said conjured dummy

#justdotagafthings or maybe #justgafthings

I'm not shutting down any conversation as I ain't god or a gaf admin here, I was just havin a giggle m8 over something i found funny (the complaining about realism in sf5), but it seems like you're taking my one post way beyond it's intent and attaching more to it than what was simply stated. There's nothing more to it than that. You still salty because I defended James? That's dead and buried my man, and I'm sorry we have a difference of opinion on a couple minor points on an internet forum; I truly wish we could nod and agree on everything, but alas, we're different people.
Or are we.

Russ T

Banned
what does this even mean if u dont mind me asking

dota gaf is generally very nobody-gives-a-fuck-about-anything

I'm not shutting down any conversation as I ain't god or a gaf admin here, I was just havin a giggle m8 over something i found funny (the complaining about realism in sf5), but it seems like you're taking my one post way beyond it's intent and attaching more to it than what was simply stated. There's nothing more to it than that. You still salty because I defended James? That's dead and buried my man, and I'm sorry we have a difference of opinion on a couple minor points on an internet forum; I truly wish we could nod and agree on everything.

nah you're right i overreacted, it's just frustrating because i interact with people like that in real life on a near daily basis who really believe this world is perfect and nobody is ever hurt unless they deserve it

guess i took it out on you

sorry ):

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I mean if Notch says it, it has to be true. He is clearly the definitive expert on all things VR, and an excellent game designer.

Sibylus

Banned
Catching up on the three games I missed last night on account of sleeping. Watching Arteezy play Drow in Game 2 of EG vs VP and making notes of how he's playing the hero.

• Wraith Band -> Brown Boots -> Helm of the Dominator -> Power Treads & Ring of Aquila -> Yasha -> Blink Dagger (<3 <3) -> Sange and Yasha -> Black King Bar -> Eaglesong -> Boots of Travel -> Butterfly
  • No Magic Stick/Wand, I presume because of the quietness of the lane and also preclusion by her Ring of Aquila, Treads, points into Stats, and Lion's Arcane Boots.
  • Heavy emphasis on aura, stats, and mobility with his skill build and itemization.
  • First two Helm creeps were used to push lanes, the second stood in front of a TI tower and meatshielded for him when he had Aegis
  • Third Helm creep was an Ogre Mage, Ice Shield to farm Ancients and creep camps. Was active in the lanes scouting (enemy Ancients, Jungle) and not stacking camps.
  • Fourth Helm creep active in push on bottom rax with its magic resistance aura.
  • Fifth Helm creep active in scouting enemy ancients, cuts middle creep wave after his death on VP's push. Vision and one punch helps net courier kill.
  • Sixth Helm creep as a Roshan ward.
  • Seventh Helm creep scouting enemy jungle, finds enemy team and sets up the smoke gank that kills 2 and gets EG the bottom T3 and the full bot lane of rax.
  • Eighth Helm creep active pushing with aura during the push that secures full mid lane of rax and the top melee rax.
  • Postpones finishing Butterfly for BoTs; TPs into VP's base ASAP before they realize he has them to secure megacreeps. Cuts the creep wave middle to slow VP attempting a push into a Baserace. With that added time he helps take (most of) a T4 in trade for both their middle barracks.
  • Overall very crisp and precise use of his Blink, Frost Arrows, and Gust to manage how close enemy heroes were to him.
  • Very successful sidestab using the BoTs: TPed to the familiars in the trees on the flanks of VP's fountain. Made what amounted to a tactical strike on the Gyro and his Rapier, eliminating both, and hastening the end of the game.

• Wraith Band -> Brown Boots -> Helm of the Dominator -> Power Treads & Ring of Aquila -> Yasha -> Blink Dagger (<3 <3) -> Sange and Yasha -> Black King Bar -> Eaglesong -> Boots of Travel -> Butterfly
One of these days pubbies will figure out Blink Dagger Drow is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom