• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Fuckkkkk

wickedplayer494 said:
Folks, this is a FALSE ALARM.

A huge changelist was sent out, which contained over 11K apps, 580 (and coincidentally 570, 440, others) included. See for yourself: http://steamdb.info/changelist/317514/

The SteamDB bot in #steamdb on freenode still sent out IAU messages for p. much almost all of the apps marked as important, which included 570 and 580. This IRC channel tends to be the source for most EWFUs, so whatever changes it sees (even if it's serverside), it will make known.

You won't see a change on the app page itself as the change was serverside, meaning that there is NO update confirmed. If there was, you'd see your standard "changed changenumber" entry. Valve has been known to send out obscenely long changelists in the past, hence why complete logging of apps that were changed in #steamdb-announce was killed off due to a similar incident.

Sorry to kill your hype.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Well judging by my constant refreshing of the newest threads created - there are a good amount of threads being created on private forums. Good sign.

Calidor

how to turn a -25,000 gold disadvantage with turtling, sentrys and some mind games (see all chat lol):

72354D40BC8B1CC139AADA935BE4583C8D7A55D8

9DAA29B7E266AE22CAE059A7CF569ED831FFEDCE
#dedication #nevergiveup #whateverittakes

Hylian7

A fail from a match I played today: Which way did he go George, which way did he go?

A topic sort of related to this that I was discussing with some people earlier: Why is Tinker's winrate so damn low in pubs? He is one of my most successful heroes easily, yet I rarely see other people play him right or play him at all.

We came up with a few possible reasons for this, but I'd like to know if anyone else has any idea why this might be.

1. Barely anyone knows how to play him correctly. You have to have a decent early game to get your BoTs up by a decent minute, and then you actually have to know how to push the lanes and not be an easy target while pushing.

2. He's extremely vulnerable to ganks early. However this applies to a lot of heroes. For instance, Shadow Fiend is even more vulnerable to ganks early than Tinker is, and Tinker has a 100% blind on one of his abilities.

3. This sort of ties back to #1, but what ends up happening is newer Tinker players will go push lanes that their carry is trying to farm.

4. People get outpushed if they go for the max Laser and Missile build by 8. While this build is not bad, and is definitely a more gank-oriented build, it relies on snowballing and delays your ability to significantly become a pushing thread once you get your BoTs up because you only have one or two points in March by then.

Is there some obvious reason I'm not seeing why his winrate in pubs might be so low?

Dahbomb

People don't know that to use the hero effectively you have to master Shift commands. Plus he is squishy as fuck. Not to mention that some people go for a pure push skill build with Tinker starting out while farming ancients when you will steam roll faster if you put points into your nukes and gank a lot early on until you get your BTs in which case you gank and push more.

Late game Tinker becomes really hard to play sort of like Invoker. You may at time have like 6 active items that you may need to use them quick, use your spells, Rearm then use them again (Blink, Dagon, Ethereal Blade, Scythe, Shivas Guard etc).

Holy shit the fails are amazing this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wxsQOrA5g

I laughed harder at the Prophet Wall clip then I have at anything in a long time

I guess what happened there was the illusion(s) died from the wrath of nature, causing the wall to spawn new illusions and deal its damage again while he was still standing in it. Because that wouldn't happen normally. Right?

And revenge of the centaurs, so brutal.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I guess what happened there was the illusion(s) died from the wrath of nature, causing the wall to spawn new illusions and deal its damage again while he was still standing in it. Because that wouldn't happen normally. Right?

Yup, if you look closely you can see it happening. Wrath of Nature is literally bouncing around him in a circle while like eight illusions die

Mordeccai

I just played the most hilarious game, even though I was getting absolutey stomped. We had a sand king on the team, and any time he got a kill (he managed to snag 6 of them) he would blast Sandstorm over the in game chat. It had me in tears honestly, he would yell WOOOOO CRIXALIS while it was playing. Then he would turn it off, and communicate normally. One of our team mates got pissed and muted him, I have to assume he was not familiar with the song.

I honestly might start doing this when I play SK. Its just so damn funny.

shira

I just played the most hilarious game, even though I was getting absolutey stomped. We had a sand king on the team, and any time he got a kill (he managed to snag 6 of them) he would blast Sandstorm over the in game chat. It had me in tears honestly, he would yell WOOOOO CRIXALIS while it was playing. Then he would turn it off, and communicate normally. One of our team mates got pissed and muted him, I have to assume he was not familiar with the song.

I honestly might start doing this when I play SK. Its just so damn funny.
Theres a mod for that
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1h6jqz/how_about_some_darude_sandstorm_raveparty_as/

Satch

Banned
sometimes i feel like if i dont play support i wont get a good one :(

no courier :(

no wards :(

lion, pls understand :(

and his excuse? "i need money :("

Randdalf

sometimes i feel like if i dont play support i wont get a good one :(

no courier :(

no wards :(

lion, pls understand :(

and his excuse? "i need money :("

Had a Disruptor in a game just now who would just not buy observer wards. He bought sentries, he bought dusts, I think he even bought a gem, but never an observer ward. I even bought them for him once and he just walked past them on the ground.

And if you dont play carry: No bkb, really low farm. Gets in 1 vs 5 alot

And if you don't play mid: No ganks, no calls, no ruin control, no tower push, no items other than boots 30 minutes in.

I think things are much worse in AP, I've been playing since the new patch but I think it's about time to go back to the other modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom