• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

Just had Baby Roshan drop for me. Thought it was worth a lot. 8 bucks :(

Also I have a Scree'auks talon with a Kill Assists Gem in it that I bought off the marketplace but it doesnt seem to be tracking my assists. Have I been duped?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
For a courier that isn't unusual 8 bucks might as well be a million. I got one of those legendary frogs to drop for me the other day (probably the best item I'll ever get without shelling out cash money) and it's worth like 2 dollars.

edit: semi related, they need to fix the post-game loot drop notification system cause if you get a recipe or a chest or whatever during a match it won't show your actual drop until you go to your armory.

What's up with replays of your own recent games not being available? I just made a great play and want to fraps it but the replay for that game isn't available. Does it just take some time or is it never going to be available for some reason?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ih cancelled due to milkman being a nerd and sucking cock

Pratfall

For a courier that isn't unusual 8 bucks might as well be a million. I got one of those legendary frogs to drop for me the other day (probably the best item I'll ever get without shelling out cash money) and it's worth like 2 dollars.

edit: semi related, they need to fix the post-game loot drop notification system cause if you get a recipe or a chest or whatever during a match it won't show your actual drop until you go to your armory.

Fair enough. I kinda like the little dude anyway.

Chris R

Why do my team mates hate me for pointing out their silly draft in random draft?

I picked first and grabbed raptor, other guy got bristle so we are off to a semi decent start.

Enigma/Enchantress/SpaceCow is not how I'd round that draft out :/

Lucky for us the other team was shit.

Pratfall

Why do my team mates hate me for pointing out their silly draft in random draft?

I picked first and grabbed raptor, other guy got bristle so we are off to a semi decent start.

Enigma/Enchantress/SpaceCow is not how I'd round that draft out :/

Lucky for us the other team was shit.

Enigma mid, Raptor Spacecow bot, Bristle Offlane Enchantress Jungle? Or I guess swap enchantress and enigma?

Chris R

Enigma mid, Raptor Spacecow bot, Bristle Offlane Enchantress Jungle? Or I guess swap enchantress and enigma?

I went raptor mid and did ok against pudge, but still our late game wasn't looking too hot against their draft. They just blew and DCed so the game was done at 20min.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Have pros started streaming much more often now that ranked MM is out, or did I just never notice them streaming before?

Also I have a Scree'auks talon with a Kill Assists Gem in it that I bought off the marketplace but it doesnt seem to be tracking my assists. Have I been duped?
Kill Assists gem is broken. Volvo pls.

Razzer

Have pros started streaming much more often now that ranked MM is out, or did I just never notice them streaming before?

Generally it's when there is little competitive going on. Dendi and Notail have been playing in tournements a lot until recently and Sing was in China. They are just available now.

Sanjay

iWwoSjmX4kZmo.jpg

Shia_LaBeouf_Cannes_2012.jpg

Is that you LaBeouf?

Granadier

Solo Rosh as Ursa in a pub game. Legion decides to leave lane and knick the aegis right as he dies.

Then goes into bottom lane and feeds two deaths.

FML.

sixghost

How do you use SF's ult in teamfights? I tried to shadow blade in and initiate with it a few times, but I just stunned and blown up before it went off most of the time.

Razzer

So recently I decided I wanted to fully embrace playing offlane, and really get to know it well. Can anyone point to advanced offlaning guides. Preferably that give advice in general and on specific heroes that are common offlaners. At the moment I feel confident with BH, Timber, Clock, Slark, WR and some others, so who else would people recommend learning that is fun? I thought about NP but if I pick him people will think I am jungling and pick another offlaner when I want solo. And I tried Lone Druid once and can't handle the bear as I suck big time at any kind of Micro. What say you GAF?

Radec

How do you use SF's ult in teamfights? I tried to shadow blade in and initiate with it a few times, but I just stunned and blown up before it went off most of the time.

When you have a SB, enemies know how you will do your stuff, so they will always bring sentries. (unless they are scrubs).

BKB is the way to go. His ulti is not really his best skill anyway. Its just a skill to use when you managed to get near them or when juking someone uphill or in the trees.

Doesn't the ult cast break your invis though?

It does for a bit. But when you get into your opponent's location before using the ulti while invisible, its almost uninterruptable anyway.

Kard8p3

So recently I decided I wanted to fully embrace playing offlane, and really get to know it well. Can anyone point to advanced offlaning guides. Preferably that give advice in general and on specific heroes that are common offlaners. At the moment I feel confident with BH, Timber, Clock, Slark, WR and some others, so who else would people recommend learning that is fun? I thought about NP but if I pick him people will think I am jungling and pick another offlaner when I want solo. And I tried Lone Druid once and can't handle the bear as I suck big time at any kind of Micro. What say you GAF?

Veno offlane 2 stronk.

ElyrionX

How do you usually run Slark in the offlane, especially a gold-starved one?

Artanisix

dear valve

are there so few people queueing for CM that matchmaking is forced to put me with people who are, seriously, 1200 mmr less than me in matchmaking. it's honestly not fun when i'm in 5300-average 2-stack and the pubs on my team are all reliably 4100~ish (mmr obtained by asking my captain / team what their mmr is without judgement). while i do not judge others by their mmr to the extreme of others, a gap of 1200 is pretty significant, and when i pub i'd like the pubs to be a little closer to my mmr.

thanks
milk

Venomancer is extremely good as an offlane. Also check out oldschool Dark Seer, Lifestealer, and Doombringer.

Kard8p3

dear valve

are there so few people queueing for CM that matchmaking is forced to put me with people who are, seriously, 1200 mmr less than me in matchmaking. it's honestly not fun when i'm in 5300-average 2-stack and the pubs on my team are all reliably 4100~ish (mmr obtained by asking my captain / team what their mmr is without judgement). while i do not judge others by their mmr to the extreme of others, a gap of 1200 is pretty significant, and when i pub i'd like the pubs to be a little closer to my mmr.

thanks
milk

Saw you and KvH talking about this when you were streaming; I like KvH's suggestion of having MMR public.

Valve does need to fix this somehow, no idea how without making queue times forever long for those w/ high MMR.

M.D

dear valve

thanks
milk

Venomancer is extremely good as an offlane. Also check out oldschool Dark Seer, Lifestealer, and Doombringer.

#getworse

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
dear valve

Stealth "get on my level pub trash" post.

Razzer

How do you usually run Slark in the offlane, especially a gold-starved one?

Get some levels, gank other lanes. When playing any offlane hero, unless it's clock who can trap them in, I find going for kills solo is a bad idea. You should go either mid or safe lane where you provide lockdown or an extra damage source to help teammates kill. As for Slark, getting drums or medallion is a cheap way of getting some mana regen, and some fighting utility. A cool trick with medallion is that if you time it to activate during dark pact you don't receive the negative armour, very useful for manfighting. Once I have one of these (Med for burst, Drums for Tank and chase, your choice) I go basher. It's fairly cheap components, so you don't need to spend large amounts of time farming, and gives you cc that can be very useful. Once you have it you can then start solo killing supports at leisure. Pounce, hit twice, ult and hit until dead. Usually this works. By this point you should be getting points in dark pact, and at level 3 and 4 you can farm quite fast. Just nuke a wave and you only have to hit each creep like twice. From there it is the same as any other Slark.

The main difference is thinking of yourself as a cog in a larger force when offlaning, whereas mid or carry Slark can snowball themselves. Also, remember not to sit in lane if you are getting nothing out of it. Once you have level 6 you shouldn't worry about the tower as it is the least important one on the map.

Edit: Guess I'm trying Veno next, thanks guys!

Granadier

Never mind, thought you meant two deaths as in counted deaths, assuming she died, Aegis'd, then TP'd back and died again.

Ahh.
That would have been even worse, but I would not have been surprised if she had tried it.

My MMR got recently calibrated and its a "whooping" 1.2k, does that mean that I suck hardcore?
It's a little on the low side but at least you have something you can aim at improving now.

Also it's sometimes easy to forget that there are actually a lot of players spread across the lower thousands where as the upper rankings have a much smaller percentile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom