• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

I'm pretty sure if you are spending more than $5, you can just pay with a credit card like any other steam purchase. Anything lower than that has to be done by adding funds to your steam wallet first.

That sucks, got 1$ on my steam wallet and due to the difference between american and canadian dollar my prepaid credit card has something around 4$ on it so i can't add enough to get the new death prophet set.

Very annoying.

Excited to go home and play Phoenix. Will just play Legion Commander all night anyway

:(

I'd be careful, apparently phoenix and terrorblade are pretty good against her.

Lost 5 of my 6 calibration matches so far. Are these tests like a way to gauge how well you can handle rage?

According to the people I've been paired with they're about 4400-4500 mmr, but the amount of dumb mistakes I've seen and feeding... (6 death tb in 11 minute), makes me doubt that this is the higher end of MMR.

In short, this game means nothing unless you play as 5.

inkls

Lost 5 of my 6 calibration matches so far. Are these tests like a way to gauge how well you can handle rage?

According to the people I've been paired with they're about 4400-4500 mmr, but the amount of dumb mistakes I've seen and feeding... (6 death tb in 11 minute), makes me doubt that this is the higher end of MMR.

Wanna pair up? (steam id = inkls)

Acinixys

People insta locking new heros in ranked is an issue. You should only play non ranked MM for a day or two, till people get TB and Firehawk out their system

Seen 1 good TB but every single Pheonix has been a supreme feeder

I don't think Valve should straight up region lock but rather just somehow make it so that language similarity is a part of matchmaking players on the same team. Assign players a language proficiency MMR ...I'm guessing people like Thacker have no problems playing against Non English speakers..

I don't think Valve should straight up region lock but rather just somehow make it so that language similarity is a part of matchmaking players on the same team. Assign players a language proficiency MMR ...I'm guessing people like Thacker have no problems playing against Non English speakers..

"People like Thacker"

I love it.

NBtoaster

Don't play ranked when new heroes are added.

Gowans

I guessed they would be a slow loader.

9k1FN9q.jpg

You all are probably right, I just have a dumb instinct to keep playing when I'm losing until I win a game.

Just won as undying in hard lane, lots of fun :3. Think I'm done for today. I should really just focus on one hero and become really good at that hero instead of being a dilettante at all the heroes. I'll give it a week to blow over then get back at my calibration matches.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to do some homework at the college library computer center. There is a wall of kids playing lol behind me taking to each other loudly, but this is the only place with computers with the software I need. Fml. I came here so I wouldn't be distracted.

Edit: These people are huge ragers, I may just go home

There sure are a lot of xenophobes that play Dota, aren't there.
I don't think there are, actually. But language and cultural barriers can present real problems. The game is at it's most fundamental level, a communication based team-sport. Communication matters, and not everything can be communicated with a ping or chat wheel option.

If there was only a chat wheel in the game like League I guess it would be somewhat fair. But a team at can only communicate with pings tends to be at a coordination disadvantage to one that is organizing with in-game chat.

At least, I'd like to think that people aren't buying into ridiculous stereotypes. People just want to be able to talk to their teammates and be understood.

Low Tier
DID SOMEONE SYA CHINESE STACKSK12J 894J

legit tho just mute ur entire team and farm if u find urself in that kind of situation.

inkls

I decided to do some homework at the college library computer center. There is a wall of kids playing lol behind me taking to each other loudly, but this is the only place with computers with the software I need. Fml. I came here so I wouldn't be distracted.

Edit: These people are huge ragers, I may just go home

No headphones available?

Blink Dagger is so legit on Legion. Before it was a toss up for me to get Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger, I honestly liked Shadow Blade cos it just added to your attack speed as well as helped you gank, but the lack of mana cost for Blink settles it.

With good reason most of the time.

Dey took ur Doto? Dey took mah Doto!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty easily?

Sure if he doesn't know how to go to other places and use his ult. Which he didn't.

Though speaking of Bloodseeker. Him and Invoker make for a cheesy combo with sunstrike. First time I dealt with that but it felt so good to beat them in the end.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I have them on and can still hear them. I'm going to finish a bit, go and read, and hope they are gone in an hour.

Why aren't there any librarians that can go and kick them out?

Are there any LoL players that aren't ragers?

I would totally buy that new Earth Spirit set if I wasn't so terrible with Earth Spirit. I'm like the anti-Earth Spirit.

Client update required, hats for the hat god? Terrorblade arcana?

Kard8p3

I would totally buy that new Earth Spirit set if I wasn't so terrible with Earth Spirit. I'm like the anti-Earth Spirit.

Client update required, hats for the hat god? Terrorblade arcana?

Buy it so you have a reason to learn :D

update was for a tournament ticket looks like.

bounchfx

You did that sweet Earth set on your avatar? Awesome!

:D

I have it on good authority that buying the set makes you better at earth spirit, meepo, anti mage, and techies. Also it enlarges your manhood, like for real.

hehehe. Based on what they've been doing so far, I wouldn't doubt if they did a quicksale on it. They've done one for 3 of the other new sets so far already. Volvo is crazy.

maaaan I can't wait to get home, I wanna try more of this 6.80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom