• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This last patch fixed WindRanger being able to Focus Fire Phoenix's egg, making her not a super hard counter and in parity of how it worked in Dota 1.

Unfortunately it broke being able to focus fire buildings. Whoops.

Edit: Reddit says there is a new option in private lobbies for an intro mode. I'll have to see if I can turn up anything on that when I get home, they say it does nothing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is this "Due to high load..." they won't show items and stuff bullshit. That's fucking new.
It's the fail safe message if the item servers get overloaded. Likey the servers have a higher load due to the salts and tokens. I like it, before it would just look like no one got a drop and maybe something would just show up later.

BraXzy

For whatever reason I hadn't played Timbersaw until a couple days ago. God I love him. It's so fun managing to solo kill 3+ people with your ability combos. It's soooo satisfying when you Chakram them and then Q as you ping through them with the chain.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Meta just seems stale to me, excited for a patch

yah man i completely agree 6.79 was getting pretty stale at the end of it's run like all things tend to eventually; glad we got 6.80 to inject some chaos for a few more months until 6.81 rocks the boat again

Mohasus

Why does no one pick Ice blast in RAD? It's easily the best spell available for that. Low cd, great for teamfights, auto-win when you finish your scepter. :D

Just played Kunka for the first time...So many failboats.

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They added Ice3's invoker set to the drop system, which is weird because they haven't really added any other player items to the system

They didn't just add it, he has been in the drop pool for about month now, his items just turned marketable though. It is odd he is the only player in the pool, there is defiantly an oversight. A bunch of them didn't generate with the spectator gem, but any dropping since New Blood will have the spectator gem.

Eventually Valve will likely have the servers go though all the items that should have gems and give them ones, like the Kinect gem on that Tusk fist being over written by the Inscribed gem the chest put on it, or the old SK sword getting a kinetic gem but only new ones unboxed will have it, though they likely have to come up with a good solution to people that already have 5 gems in an item that should have generated a gem or got one retroactively.

Also, a minor thing, but chests are no longer called "Chests", "Treasure Chests", or Crates" internally, they are now just "Treasure". Not like that will change what anyone calls them.

Just watched Game 2 of Speed vs Empire and I have a question regarding Speed's lane setup. From my basic understanding it seems wierd to run an AM without a trilane, especially as Empire ran two top. Were there other factors at play that made it viable?

Quesa

I really wanna stop caring about my w/l ratio, but I can't help it. I count my daily games and think stuff like "oh I went 2-1 today, that's not so bad." But when I'm in a bad losing streak (6 so far over two days), it gets to me hard. Especially when there are games we could've won but other people threw (and there are games where I just shit the bed, too). I'm currently 2 wins ahead of losses, but I was about 9 nine ahead on like friday. I need to let this obsessions with my record go, but with all the stat-tracking in dota it's hard not to tie some self-esteem to it. I need a hug
or a bunch of wins
:(

I really wanna stop caring about my w/l ratio, but I can't help it. I count my daily games and think stuff like "oh I went 2-1 today, that's not so bad." But when I'm in a bad losing streak (6 so far over two days), it gets to me hard. Especially when there are games we could've won but other people threw (and there are games where I just shit the bed, too). I'm currently 2 wins ahead of losses, but I was about 9 nine ahead on like friday. I need to let this obsessions with my record go, but with all the stat-tracking in dota it's hard not to tie some self-esteem to it. I need a hug
or a bunch of wins

queue with boken

free wins

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
or a bunch of wins

Not sure why it even needs to have it to begin with. If it was a 1v1 game fine. As a team game where other people can screw over your games simply by leaving then screw it.

A mode that doesn't count w/l and isn't bots would be the best thing.

or a bunch of wins

28 wins below .500 here...I would kill to be 2 games above.

The worst thing is that my abandons should were games where I stomped the other team but my internet cut out at the end...so they're counted as losses instead,

ElyrionX

People are complaining about Quas Wex Invoker? Is it really that annoying or powerful? It seems like a really hard build to pull off given the limited mana pool and low base damage. EMP delay is also still fairly long at 2.6 secs. I've seen some replays of people succeeding at it but Quas Exort still feels far more powerful to me despite the Forged Spirits nerf.

kasane

People are complaining about Quas Wex Invoker? Is it really that annoying or powerful? It seems like a really hard build to pull off given the limited mana pool and low base damage. EMP delay is also still fairly long at 2.6 secs. I've seen some replays of people succeeding at it but Quas Exort still feels far more powerful to me despite the Forged Spirits nerf.

Been a while since i played quas wex invoker last patch i think? But when i played it i always ganked with cold snap and tornado thats why its so annoying for other teams

xanavi

If you can manage to hit with the EMP consistently then mana isn't an issue. Ice walls and cold snaps all but guarantee it if you get a 2 or 3 man tornado.

M.D

I own bots with it must be broken

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm..so how many builds paths exist for Invoker?

I only play a 2 spell invoker with DPS for normal attack, as I am not so great, precise, accurate nor fast enough to queue 4-5 different spells and time them at the right location and in the right order...they require a bit of an effort.

End of the day, I am a bad at actually playing Invoker as I don't fulfill the correct role of the hero. But at the same time, the way I play Invoker is so much better(and successful) than the way I play other heros (Relatively).

And over that; I stopped playing other DPS heros, because I found them lacking of what Invoker can come up in the same time (with a tiny portion contributed towards how I can align Invoker to slightly change how I play by making use of another spell in times of needs, for those special scenarios).

ElyrionX

Been a while since i played quas wex invoker last patch i think? But when i played it i always ganked with cold snap and tornado thats why its so annoying for other teams

The problem is Invoker needs levels and if your gank isn't successful, you lose precious time and exp.

If you can manage to hit with the EMP consistently then mana isn't an issue. Ice walls and cold snaps all but guarantee it if you get a 2 or 3 man tornado.

Getting Ice Wall requires a point in Exort which delays the upgrading of Wex/EMP even more. And Ice Wall isn't cheap to cast either.

kasane

The problem is Invoker needs levels and if your gank isn't successful, you lose precious time and exp.

Getting Ice Wall requires a point in Exort which delays the upgrading of Wex/EMP even more. And Ice Wall isn't cheap to cast either.

Thats why you have to win mid with quad wex invoker even if a support cones to help, getting an early phase force staff almost always guarantee kills in pubs since most of the time people dont want to tp to help

ElyrionX

Thats why you have to win mid with quad wex invoker even if a support cones to help, getting an early phase force staff almost always guarantee kills in pubs since most of the time people dont want to tp to help

The issue is that Quas Wex Invoker is inherently weak in mid due to low mana pool and poor last hitting so it's hard to win the lane.

There was a reddit thread about lane support Invoker shortly after 6.8 came out. I tried it in safe lane one game and it was surprisingly effective. Cold Snap and EMP absolutely wrecks when there is another hero who can help proc Cold Snap stuns. We owned our safe lane but lost the game because the offlane got wrecked even more. I may try it out again to see if it works.

Hylian7

So for those that want it, I wrote an AutoHotkey script that will offer all of my chests in the offering. I won't post it publicly for two reasons:

1. It's AutoHotkey and literally does inputs on your machine for you. I can see why people could definitely be uncomfortable with that.
2. It won't be the same for all resolutions due to the Armory UI. So while it may work for me in its current state, it could potentially delete little Billy on 4k monitor's Time breaker, which would be quite bad.

If you still want it, let me know here or PM me with a screenshot of your full screen on your inventory.

Nirvana

Alright, need some OD tips. He seems really fun to play, but I can't figure him out, I also don't understand the threshold part of his ult. When should start fighting, how/when do i use my ult, what should I do when there's someone who makes me useless in the other team (ex: nyx).

Also, competitive viability of sladar? No mana cost for his first ability and blink dagger as well as his bash buff seems nice. Minus 20 armor is nothing to scoff at too.

I'm wondering, why do people build manta on Terrorblade? It's only 28% dmg on ranged illusions vs your two 60% already built-in illusions on ranged form. Seems to me you could build a better item. Without manta you have an extra 120% dmg from illusions, with manta it adds 56%. Compare 220% vs 276% doesn't seems worth the cost to me. Opinions?

Your Illusions get the stats, the movement speed and the Agi damage. You also get movement speed, damage, the active debuffs certain spells and helps your splitpush.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hylian, I think I rather just do it manually. I doesn't take that long once you realize you don't have to push the OK button for each chest, just right click, Offer, Yes, repeat, only pushing the OK when you need to offer up the chests behind it. I offered up already 100 doing it, and likely will do it for a bunch more when I feel like moving the rest off a alt. How many chests did you offer up anyway that you wanted an Autohotkey script?

I was also going to say I don't think its safe, but then I remembered I could just set a Chest only Filter, which makes it pretty fool proof unless the thing makes some really odd mouse click.

F!ReW!Re

The issue is that Quas Wex Invoker is inherently weak in mid due to low mana pool and poor last hitting so it's hard to win the lane.

There was a reddit thread about lane support Invoker shortly after 6.8 came out. I tried it in safe lane one game and it was surprisingly effective. Cold Snap and EMP absolutely wrecks when there is another hero who can help proc Cold Snap stuns. We owned our safe lane but lost the game because the offlane got wrecked even more. I may try it out again to see if it works.

Ehm? If you start with the 1st skill point into Exort you're pretty much set, having early access to Ice wall and Deafening blast (and your last hitting is atleast decent)
You really seem to underestimate a Quas/Wex invoker. He's pretty useful (initiation, stun, chasing) and since these recent buffs he's become even more of a power house on mid.
Not to mention that you're amazingly fast when you ghost walk now...

Check it out;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186768862

Edit*
The updated 6.80 guide;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221666376

Hylian7

Hylian, I think I rather just do it manually. I doesn't take that long once you realize you don't have to push the OK button for each chest, just right click, Offer, Yes, repeat, only pushing the OK when you need to offer up the chests behind it. I offered up already 100 doing it, and likely will do it for a bunch more when I feel like moving the rest off a alt. How many chests did you offer up anyway that you wanted an Autohotkey script?

I was also going to say I don't think its safe, but then I remembered I could just set a Chest only Filter, which makes it pretty fool proof unless the thing makes some really odd mouse click.

Yeah, that's basically why I'm not posting it publicly. Anyway I had over 300 chests, and more before I decided "Fuck it I'm tired of going through all these one by one." and found making a script to be much easier.

If anything, if I were to tailor a script for anyone, I'd have them test it in test client (I think you can get chests there?) or something to make sure it's right for their resolution.

Anyway I had no idea you didn't have to click the OK button after, but regardless I included that in my script (had to put it on a delay to wait for that dialog box to appear). Any if anyone wants a script tailored for their setup, let me know, or just want the basic rundown of how I did it, that might work better.

shira

Yeah, that's basically why I'm not posting it publicly. Anyway I had over 300 chests, and more before I decided "Fuck it I'm tired of going through all these one by one." and found making a script to be much easier.

If anything, if I were to tailor a script for anyone, I'd have them test it in test client (I think you can get chests there?) or something to make sure it's right for their resolution.

Anyway I had no idea you didn't have to click the OK button after, but regardless I included that in my script (had to put it on a delay to wait for that dialog box to appear). Any if anyone wants a script tailored for their setup, let me know, or just want the basic rundown of how I did it, that might work better.

You gots to post your prize

Hylian7

You gots to post your prize

Alright fine, but a bigass disclaimer is going on this.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT MODIFY AND USE THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR HAVE A WAY TO VERIFY THAT IT WORKS FIRST.

Code:
;Title: The Great New Bloom Chest Offering Script
;Author: HylianSeven
;Instructions:
;***You must install AutoHotkey for this to work***
;*****I am not responsible for what results from use of this script. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!*****
;1. Open Dota 2, click on "Store" at the top, then click "Armory."
;2. Click one of your filters on the left, then "Edit Filters." Hit the "+" symbol on the left.
;3. Change "New Filter" to "Chests". Hit the "+" next to "Rules".
;4. The first drop down menu should be "Type", the second should be "is", the third should be "Treasure".
;5. Click "Save" and "Done Editing".
;6. Assuming you did the last five steps correctly, you should see all of your chests on one page now. Now take a screenshot of your game and open it in Photoshop, Paint, or whatever your image editing program of choice is.
;7. Mouse over the first chest in the upper left corner, you should look in one of the corners of the image editor's window and see two numbers, remember these numbers, as you will need them.
;8. Right click the upper left chest and take another screenshot. Do the same as in step 7, but this time you want the numbers you get when you mouse over the "Make Offering" button.
;9. Click "Make Offering", take another screenshot, do the same process for steps 7 and 8 but with the "Yes" button.
;10. You will have to manually offer one chest to get the relevant information. Complete the offering by hitting "Yes", and now take another screenshot, this time getting the numbers for the OK button.
;11. Look in the comments below for where these numbers go, they will replace the X's and Y's on all of the lines beginning with "MouseClick".
;12. Make sure the script is saved as (whatever you want to name it).ahk, with no parenthesis of course.
;13. Double click the script with Dota 2 open and in Borderless Windowed mode, enter the number of chests you wish to offer, and enjoy your offerings.

;You might want to test it on a small number of chests first just to make sure it works for you, then go through your entire stash of them. Enjoy!

str = "Open Dota 2, Click on Store at the top, then Armory, and click Keys and Treasures.`nGo to Filters, click on make sure the only thing there is ""Type is Treasure.""`nCalculate the number of chests you have, enter it below, and press OK. There are 60 chests per page.`nMake sure you have done all of the above before clicking OK, or it could end up with catastrophic results to your inventory.`nPress escape to stop the script.`nEnter the number of chests."
InputBox, x, How Many Chests?, %str%, , 350, 350
;Sets up input dialog for how many chests along with instructions.

if(ErrorLevel) ;If user hits cancel, cancels script.
	Exitapp

MouseClick Right, X, Y, 1 ;This was for my setup and may not be necessary in yours, but I had two monitors both of 1440x900. After this it assumed that the other monitor was the one the game was on.
Loop, %x% { ;The offering process
MouseClick Right, X, Y, 1 ;Right click upper left chest - First set of numbers
MouseClick Left, X, Y, 1 ;Left Click Offering - Second set of numbers
MouseClick Left, X, Y, 1 ;Left Click Yes - Third set of numbers
MouseClick Left, X, Y, 1, 25 ;Left Click OK (on short delay for dialog to pop up) - Fourth set of numbers

;IF YOU USE THIS SCRIPT YOU MUST CHANGE THE X and Y ON ALL LINES THAT BEGIN WITH "MouseClick"
;See detailed instructions at the top.

Exitapp ;Ends script when all chests are finished.
Esc::Exitapp ;You can press escape at any time to abort the script early.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhh finally someone on reddit enabled hardcore mode
30% more of the screen opened up with a few f6 taps.

4sGdDI1.jpg

zzz replays only

That's gonna put those who aren't using the HUDless modification, on the lower side since they got less screen space to view.

No no no..I don't like this specific modifications which removes HUD, I am against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom