• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Valve has a team looking at ways to reduce the size of the UI. We're all used to it, but that doesn't mean it's fine the way it is. There is a lot of fat that can be trimmed off the bottom in particular. I think through some reductions (sizes of things, dead space) and reorganization of certain elements, they could reclaim 20%-30% of space that could go to seeing that more of the game.

Acinixys

Nexon Lower Bracket semis: MVPhot6 vs 5inQO (winner plays Zephyr)
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

This lysanderxonora guy is the worst caster ive ever heard. Makes my ears bleed

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1wxhgr/competitive_tier_list_january_2014/

January competitive tier list. IMO, biggest change on the list is Lich's downfall which I am not surprised by at all. I thought his ability to affect the early to mid game via eating a friendly creep was vastly exaggerated. While his ult is useful in teamfights, it does tend to take away kills from his carry.

I dont understand why the Pros love Slark so much. Sure he can snowball and dominate, but so many other carries can do what he does better.

Is it because of his free heal? Or this ability to instantly debuff stuns?

shira

Yeah, he along with Hippie make me turn streams off.

I used to like Zyori too until I heard about the ball sniffing incident. Fucking gross.

irOKg0HP3VvRp.gif

Still like xbox?

ElyrionX

I dont understand why the Pros love Slark so much. Sure he can snowball and dominate, but so many other carries can do what he does better.

I don't watch pro games because Twitch is awful but is he usually run as safe lane carry or offlane roaming ganker?

Kreunt

Banned
This lysanderxonora guy is the worst caster ive ever heard. Makes my ears bleed

It's because he's fun and you don't have to spend 25 mins ricing before you can do anything.

Razzer

I don't watch pro games because Twitch is awful but is he usually run as safe lane carry or offlane roaming ganker?

I'd say more offlane than carry but certain teams like Fnatic love him as carry over offlane, I guess it's partly down to which player on the team is best at him.

Deadly

I hope Valve has a team looking at ways to reduce the size of the UI. We're all used to it, but that doesn't mean it's fine the way it is. There is a lot of fat that can be trimmed off the bottom in particular. I think through some reductions (sizes of things, dead space) and reorganization of certain elements, they could reclaim 20%-30% of space that could go to seeing that more of the game.
They'd need to get a remake of every single HUD already available though. Unless they make it something like if you want a smaller HUD you're stuck on the default one.

TxdoHawk

Won't they specifically not do this for balance reasons? That's what I heard, anyway. Doesn't make 100% sense though, since widescreen monitors get a full horizontal view(?)

Drives me crazy, though. I always feel like I can't see enough vertically, especially during laning phase.

Unrelated: I know people have brought up Riki before, what do I ideally do if he's in my lane? Throw down a Sentry Ward at the creep line and harass him as much as I can early on?

Razzer

Won't they specifically not do this for balance reasons? That's what I heard, anyway. Doesn't make 100% sense though, since widescreen monitors get a full horizontal view(?)

Drives me crazy, though. I always feel like I can't see enough vertically, especially during laning phase.

Unrelated: I know people have brought up Riki before, what do I ideally do if he's in my lane? Throw down a Sentry Ward at the creep line and harass him as much as I can early on?

Pretty much. Remember he isn't invis until level 6 so that's plenty of time to assert your authority on the lane if you have a good hero for it. And then a lane sentry prevents him afterwards too.

ElyrionX

Pretty much though once he hits level 6, he will likely roam the other lanes if he knows you have sentries in your lane. After that, it's up to your support to make sure the other lanes have sentries. If your support doesn't do that and you have natural Riki feeders like Luna, Puck and Slark then it's probably gg. Good Riki players are hard to stop in uncoordinated solo pubs. The worst thing that can happen is if he exerts control over your jungle then you know you're fucked. If solo queueing, the best way to counter Riki is just to counterpick him with Slarder or BH.

inkls

Anyone think they should make undying's zombies work like sigil and take x number of hits to kill instead of having a number of hp so that they don't get one-shotted post level 3? Maybe even magic immune. I really do love undying, but he falls off so much late-game and has so little cc its barely worth playing him support (or any other roles).

Tombstone takes too much time to reach full power late-game and it requires people not to focus it. Not saying he should have super good late-game scaling, but for a support with two utility spells (his second ability with inconsistent healing and his ult) and everything else damage, you'd think he'd be a bit stronger. I mean, why pick him instead of veno when veno has anti-push, a slow and a nasty laning phase (due to the dot).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What happened to Liquid? I know they haven't ever been top tier, but there was a point in 6.79 where they looked pretty legit for a while. Seems like ever since just before MLG they've lost all their mojo.

reactive armor though, unless you get silenced, stunned and burst down you can just walk away

Depends on the level, most people I play with/against put only one lvl on it. And timber has zero starting armor and crappy AGI gain.

He's really annoying to kill when he gets his HP items though.

Anyone think they should make undying's zombies work like sigil and take x number of hits to kill instead of having a number of hp so that they don't get one-shotted post level 3? Maybe even magic immune. I really do love undying, but he falls off so much late-game and has so little cc its barely worth playing him support (or any other roles).

Tombstone takes too much time to reach full power late-game and it requires people not to focus it. Not saying he should have super good late-game scaling, but for a support with two utility spells (his second ability with inconsistent healing and his ult) and everything else damage, you'd think he'd be a bit stronger. I mean, why pick him instead of veno when veno has anti-push, a slow and a nasty laning phase (due to the dot).
The zombies spawn interval should be reduced imo, at least per lvl. And yes, I agree with the number of hits. Does the tombstone have armor?

inkls

The zombies spawn interval should be reduced imo, at least per lvl. And yes, I agree with the number of hits. Does the tombstone have armor?

Yeah, one zombie every 3 seconds means only 9 zombie per enemy after 30 seconds at max level only if no one fights fights them. The tombstone has 4 armor at all levels and its hp is 200/400/600/800

Zombies also have 30 hitpoints and have 37-45 dmg. Thats really low especially since the tombstone cannot move and its one zombie every 3 seconds.

F!ReW!Re

Is Timbersaw the hardest hero to kill in the game? he still seems so strong even with the 6.8 nerf

As mentioned, silence wrecks him (drow, dp, silencer, orchid, etc)
Also found out the hard way that going up against a lane that has viper in it is gonna be very hard for Timber. (even a 1v1 situation early on is absolute hell)

And basically anything that drains his mana (AM, EMP, etc)

F#A#Oo

Banned
Undying needs a rework...

He just doesn't scale past certain periods. He needs his situational benefits improved and his scalability. He should have a % rather than fixed damage/heal. His strength steal could also maybe be like Slarks agi steal...

He's good early then takes a dive off a cliff...

shira

What happened to Liquid? I know they haven't ever been top tier, but there was a point in 6.79 where they looked pretty legit for a while. Seems like ever since just before MLG they've lost all their mojo.
They have internal problems. Prolly qoqjva or bulba

Artanisix

Undying is awesome and really excels at early clashes and tri versus tri scenarios. He's also great in 2v3 lanes. He's an early death ball hero and I think his niche is fine.

inkls

Undying needs a rework...

He just doesn't scale past certain periods. He needs his situational benefits improved and his scalability. He should have a % rather than fixed damage/heal. His strength steal could also maybe be like Slarks agi steal...

He's good early then takes a dive off a cliff...

Yeah, his soul rip can deal 500 dmg/heal, but only if there's 20 enemy near. Its inconsistent, and unless there's a hero with lots of units (brood, pl) you rely pretty much on your tombstone to reach that and only to cast it at max power once if no one targets your zombies. Decay is only good early game and timbersaw's whirling death deals more damage to strength heroes at level 1.

Maybe make it less spamable by increasing the mana cost, but have a base dmg + str steal based on a % of current str.

Soul rip could have a slow added to it to make it a bit more useful, since his only other source of slows is his ult with 9% and his tombstone with 7% for each zombies which cannot go higher than 63% if no one ever targets the zombies and stays near the tombstone for the entire duration, making slows pointless if they're not running away.

Undying is awesome and really excels at early clashes and tri versus tri scenarios. He's also great in 2v3 lanes. He's an early death ball hero and I think his niche is fine.

Yeah, thats true, but he takes a support slot with basically no CC or reliable healing. He'll be great vs a trilane early, but he scales off so quickly I'm not sure he's worth taking when you have other counter trilanes heroes with better scaling and decent dmg/CC lateggame

Artanisix

It depends really, he's a poor roamer so you really need to match up tri versus tri with him. If you do that, and appropriately shut down the enemy trilane, he transitions nicely into the midgame. I wouldn't mind seeing an Aghs buff for him that buffs his tombstone for the lategame though.

inkls

It depends really, he's a poor roamer so you really need to match up tri versus tri with him. If you do that, and appropriately shut down the enemy trilane, he transitions nicely into the midgame. I wouldn't mind seeing an Aghs buff for him that buffs his tombstone for the lategame though.

Well having his zombies take a number of hits instead of having 30 hp would already be a good buff even reducing the amount needed for one to spawn would also be decent.

undying was voted fourth most broken hero in dota by gaf and some people think he needs a rework or buffs wut

Can't tell if you're kidding, also why is there only 5 options in that poll?

ReRixo

Banned
but if you buff tombstone it'll become too strong in ability draft when people get tombstone and rearm

Can't tell if you're kidding, also why is there only 5 options in that poll?

it's the shortlist for most broken heroes in 6.79 but veno is trash now so treant should replace him

inkls

but if you buff tombstone it'll become too strong in ability draft when people get tombstone and rearm

it's the shortlist for most broken heroes in 6.79 but veno is trash now so treant should replace him

So

- Decay steal duration increased from 25/30/35/40 to 40

Made undying broken?

Did having base damage and hp regen lowered really hit veno that hard?

That would make him way, way too good in the early/midgame.

Zombies are already irrelevant after the early game due to their 30hp. Would making them take 2-3 hits to kill really make them that strong? With their 3 second spawn time its not as if you wouldn't kill them in 1-2 seconds max. Compare to one-shotting them right now as long as you have 30 base damage since they have no armor.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I agree with you.
One of the things I liked about LoL was that you could scale the UI and remove the filler between the status areas. Do they still let you do that?

On the other hand though, now that I have gotten used to free cam and the view areas of Dota it doesn't seem like as much of a hinderance.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Undying is 3/4s fine, I think they just need to rework Soul Rip somewhat because it feels like such a useless skill. I like the idea of making the heal/damage % based, which would help it be more of a late-game skill. Let Tombstone be excellent early and let Soul Rip be excellent late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom