• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Bfq6d0YCEAAcNU6.jpg

TV rapier concept. Doesn't look like the source, divine, or rapier. Eeeeeeeeee

Did his raccoon bear-thing get accepeted? I guess that's week 2 or 3 Bloom Festival.

sixghost

Brewmaster seems really damn good in this patch. You can go phase boots much more easily with the 0 mana blink dagger and the the ult cd reduction makes it seem like the ult is up just about whenever you need it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just lost a game because our Bristle DC'd and had trouble logging back on Steam, enemy team refused to wait and pushed both side lanes in while shit talking the whole time.

I need a break from this game.

Just lost a game because our Bristle DC'd and had trouble logging back on Steam, enemy team refused to wait and pushed both side lanes in while shit talking the whole time.

I need a break from this game.

For some reason DotA 2 has been causing my computer to lock up since the 3 Spirits patch. I was playing a game as Terrorblade and their team was getting handily beaten when my computer started to crash, I came back every time within 2-3 minutes but they refused to allow my friends to pause for me and I got my 3rd abandon in about 750 games. I haven't played since. Breaks are necessary when talking about DotA 2...

manfestival

I read the patch notes but discovering the joy of the scepter rework for ogre magi is a think of beauty. I am so blown away and happy about how it works. Yeah it might make all of my other spells unusable but spamming stun for forever is totally worth it

NBtoaster

All the Rikis I've been playing are total steal killing scum, is this the norm in higher MMR? what is rich is that when confronted one of them said that the game is about team play not kills.

You mean they just sit there invis and take the kill when they can? Eventually that doesn't happen (because they wont be able to sit invis in fights because the enemy will have vision) and you stop caring about killsteals too (especially when riki needs to carry).

F!ReW!Re

LOL not when he was 5 levels above the guy who stole the kill for.

Ehm, yes he is, since he's probably the one who's supposed to carry your ass to victory.
If he isn't the primary carry, then ks'ing from the no1 carry is indeed not a great move...

Nirvana

I'd kill steal from BS and Sniper any day of the week as Riki but Gyro can carry so I'd think twice.

The fact that this was the lineup I'd say none of it really mattered anyway, since all of those heroes can benefit from farm, it's beneficial no matter who gets the kill.

F!ReW!Re

The fact that this was the lineup I'd say none of it really mattered anyway, since all of those heroes can benefit from farm, it's beneficial no matter who gets the kill.

That's not entirely true since Gyro is probably the best carry in that line-up which would be the hero you want to prioritize farm on (would ofcourse be different if one of the carries gets ahead by quite a margin, like riki being 5 levels ahead).
But what kind of game mode was that anyway? AP fail or was it an unfortunate AR draft?

Nirvana

That's not entirely true since Gyro is probably the best carry in that line-up which would be the hero you want to prioritize farm on (would ofcourse be different if one of the carries gets ahead by quite a margin, like riki being 5 levels ahead).
But what kind of game mode was that anyway? AP fail or was it an unfortunate AR draft?

Depends to be honest. Bloodseeker is basically useless until 6, Riki is mildly less useless, but still needs his 6, whereas Gyro is effective early through to late game. So you could argue that getting early levels on those heroes and then allowing Gyro to afk farm while they create space in the mid game is going to be more beneficial to the team.

If a Riki is deliberately stealing kills from a Gyro, I guess that's a different story, but at the end of the day, both get experience from the kill and Riki is still farm dependent and does quite well with gold, so it isn't that big of an issue.

They should've just been happy they didn't get 20 minute stomped with a lineup like that.

Did they make a mistake on Terrorblade's arcana? It says it's being released tomorrow but it seems everything else is happening tonight. Why would they just push it out a day from everything else?

Raytow

AP I swear nobody plays support but me. Also hard support what's that? I don't really care, but maybe I should play more impact-y heroes, any good ones that aren't right clickers and/or melee?

Razzer

AP I swear nobody plays support but me. Also hard support what's that? I don't really care, but maybe I should play more impact-y heroes, any good ones that aren't right clickers and/or melee?

Storm Spirit is a nice fusion of Right clicker and caster, he's fun because he is highly mobile and casts a lot, but he has good right click so he can carry kinda if it goes late. He's also very high impact if you go orchid first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did they make a mistake on Terrorblade's arcana? It says it's being released tomorrow but it seems everything else is happening tonight. Why would they just push it out a day from everything else?
Maybe it's so they can give one date, it will by the 6th in China by the time the update hits, or they could hold it back till tomorrow to greater highlight the new themed items.

F!ReW!Re

I only play AP when I'm playing with a stack tbh, saves me from the disappointment of having crappy drafts without supports. (most of the time :p)
All random has been a solo queue favorite these last couple of weeks.
You tend to get more friendly/knowledgeable people who seem willing to support if they get a support character. And they have a broader range of heroes they are comfortable with.
AP for solo queuing is a just asking to be disappointed imo.

As far as heroes go, I'm really, REALLY enjoying Ember Spirit at the moment.
Dude is hard to kill without chain stunning/silencing him, since his ult basically saves his life every single time.
And the amount of damage you deal out (free radiance + mini omni slash) is amazing as well. Can be played mid and as a safe lane carry.

When you do want to play AP as a solo, I would advise trying to go for either the mid, solo offlane or jungle position so that you kind of don't have to rely on a direct teammate so much as being part of a dual lane. (This is true only when not counting the obvious factors like: courier, wards and missing calls, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom