• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Off the top of my head techies must be much worse in Dota 2 because people send couriers to secret shop much more. Back in the Dota 1 days mining the ss and getting the "fuck you" response when you've blown up the guy trying to get a point booster or whathaveyou was great.

Wouldn't it be less of a problem then? The courier is magic immune so mines can't do much against it and it means less death if people use it alot more to buy stuff from the secret shop.

It's probably a prize pool announcement for some tournament and a Chaos Knight set.
It's probably "The International Europe" and it'll have another compendium and all the fantasy team stuff again and all the items and they'll make a whole event out of it and it'll have a million dollar prize pool with gd studio hosting it and it'll be in stadiums and it'll be super awesome.

#gethypedbutstillalittlerealistic

Wouldn't it be less of a problem then? The courier is magic immune so mines can't do much against it and it means less death if people use it alot more to buy stuff from the secret shop.

Most of his stuff is mixed damage iirc.

Mine is set to 1. What does it mean? I usually run everything on high and get a steady 1080/60. What else is there to enhance?
1 is lower than 3 so your shadows etc probably won't be as high quality.

The auto config stuff for that is broken with a large number of GPUs so often gives you lower settings than what you should have.

Here's a maxed out config:

Code:
"config"
{
	"setting.fullscreen"		"0"
	"setting.nowindowborder"		"1"
	"setting.aspectratiomode"		"1"
	"setting.mat_vsync"		"0"
	"setting.mat_monitorgamma"		"2.200000"
	"setting.mat_queue_mode"		"-1"
	"setting.cpu_level"		"2"
	"setting.mem_level"		"2"
	"setting.gpu_mem_level"		"2"
	"setting.defaultres"		"1920"
	"setting.defaultresheight"		"1080"
	"setting.gpu_level"		"3"
	"setting.version"		"1"
	"setting.mindxlevel"		"92"
	"setting.maxdxlevel"		"100"
	"setting.dxlevel"		"100"
	"setting.mat_viewportscale"		"1.000000"
	"setting.subversion"		"1"
	"setting.version_advanced_video"		"1"
	"setting.r_shadow_half_update_rate"		"0"
	"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base"		"0"
	"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier"		"0"
	"setting.cl_phys_maxticks"		"2"
	"setting.dota_cheap_water"		"0"
	"setting.r_deferred_height_fog"		"1"
	"setting.r_deferred_simple_light"		"1"
	"setting.r_ssao"		"1"
	"setting.cl_globallight_shadow_mode"		"2"
	"setting.r_screenspace_aa"		"1"
	"setting.r_deferred_additive_pass"		"1"
	"setting.dota_portrait_animate"		"1"
	"setting.r_deferred_specular_bloom"		"1"
	"setting.r_deferred_specular"		"1"
	"setting.dota_ambient_creatures"		"1"
	"setting.dota_ambient_creatures_pop"		"0"
	"setting.mat_picmip"		"0"
	"setting.r_rootlod"		"0"
	"setting.mat_triplebuffered"		"0"
}

How are you playing Huskar? I actually think he's a great team player.
If you mid with him and gank as soon as you hit 6 you'll definitely help your other lanes.
He doesn't need a whole lot of farm so he can hit his stride fairly early.
He's a great initiator because the lower he gets the more damage he does. If you target a squishy int you're almost guaranteed a kill every fight. Play him as a sacrificial lamb. Don't worry so much about surviving the fights but instead doing as much damage as possible before dying.
i frequently get deaths up into the double digits when playing husk, but my kills are always higher.

Pretty much how i was playing him. grabbing runes whenever i can and trying to gank. No one else really had an initiator so when i went all sacraficial and kept owning zeus on the other team. I would get focused on and my team would run away.

The auto config stuff for that is broken with a large number of GPUs so often gives you lower settings than what you should have.

Code:
"config"
{
	"setting.mat_vsync"		"0"
	"setting.cpu_level"		"2"
	"setting.mem_level"		"2"
	"setting.gpu_level"		"3"
	"setting.version"		"1"
	"setting.dxlevel"		"100"
	"setting.r_ssao"		"1"
	"setting.r_rootlod"		"0"
}

Thx a lot. For some reason mine seems to be shorter. I will try your configuration to see how it works. Rig: R9 270x / Phenom II X4 965 / 8GB

dotaconfig0ooeg.png

Code:
"config"
{
	"setting.mat_vsync"		"0"
	"setting.cpu_level"		"2"
	"setting.mem_level"		"2"
	"setting.gpu_level"		"3"
	"setting.version"		"1"
	"setting.dxlevel"		"100"
	"setting.r_ssao"		"1"
	"setting.r_rootlod"		"0"
}

does this config provide settings higher than the in-game menu would, or is it just a config version of options you already could get via the options menu?

but techies is in captains mode

I'm not above wasting bans..

Anyways, I asked this yesterday and am hoping to get some feedback.

Played clockwerk for the first time last night as solo offlane. He's quite fun to play but I'm a little confused about itemization. Is Agh's really core on him no matter what? If not, how do you properly itemize him? Phase or Arcane boots? When to get blademail? I watched a YYF's clockwerk highlights and he got Vanguard on him..Was that a joke build? Anyways, any thoughts?

I need a go to offlaner now as I want to stop playing BH...Clockwerk seems real fun as an offlaner.

manfestival

Techies really needs to be the ongoing forever joke of dota 2. Release every hero other than techies and always hint or allude to the thought of him being released.

Razzer

I'm not above wasting bans..

Anyways, I asked this yesterday and am hoping to get some feedback.

I need a go to offlaner now as I want to stop playing BH...Clockwerk seems real fun as an offlaner.

I'm not experienced enough to answer all questions on him, but Agh's is not always core. It's very fucking good and if you can get it you should because it's also very fun, but if you are behind it's sometimes better to get cheaper items. Blademail, mek,other defensive items are all useful. Get arcanes if you are not getting bottle and need mana. If you do get bottle you can get phase instead. If you are snowballing then after Agh's you might want a Shiva's, hex, AC, general utility offense items. Just keep hookshotting and it's all good.

Edit: Well here we go on that announcement I guess.

Edit2: Here we are, pretty cool

Razzer

It's gonna have a prizepool boosting item etc like MLG and Starladder did, as expected. Also, was that Tobi's voice but deepened in the video? The shots of him looking all serious were hilarious.

Edit: Tickets available in 3 days.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
So like what's the point of Morphling? I wanted to play him since I rarely see him in games and it was dumb. I can gain agility and die in 2 hits or I can become super tanky and do no damage, like great the worst of both worlds.

Quesa

So like what's the point of Morphling? I wanted to play him since I rarely see him in games and it was dumb. I can gain agility and die in 2 hits or I can become super tanky and do no damage, like great the worst of both worlds.

Most morphs I see go shotgun morph, which is where they buy eth blade and use their scaling nuke to gank. Most of them are more confident than they are successful.

Dude has 3 escape mechanisms built into his kit.

He is the Ungankable Carry.

ksan

The point of morph is that you want to torment your team mates for 50 minutes, as you can't finish before that.
However, if you do well you'll have a lot while doing it.

JustinBB7

Dat video. So cheesy lmao.

Gonna be cool though, can't wait to see what it will look like live. Hope it sells out. I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight go.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I just felt like I couldn't even get off the ground with Morph. Like I clearly needed 40 more minutes of farm, seems super boring.

Won 3 Nyx games though through no fault of my own. I whiffed so many point blank spikes, it was embarrassing. I felt like I was wandering around not doing anything most of the time, and am I supposed to end up with just mana boots and dagon? Seems wrong.

Fuchsdh

Haha, sorry, wasn't clear. By "worse" I mean techies has X less amount of utility for the reasons you pointed out ( and now my knowledge is failing me—old walking couriers in DotA 1 were magic immune as well, right?).

He's always been an odd hero--if he's doing his job laying defenses and traps, he's bound to get extremely underleveled, and playing him offensively (as someone pointed out by using him with a Pudge, Kunkka, or some other hero that can get the unit to where the mines are) seems difficult for most situations outside true pro tier.

I usually stomped people with him or got stomped, and rarely had middling games. But at this point it's mostly just mindtheory (perhaps somewhat compensating for the weaker utility of mining ss would be that in my opinion people are much more aware of wards, especially with the built in ping/callouts, so mining those might have greater benefits. I also feel like the wards CD benefits him as well, and at least would require players fighting Techies to be more active with truesight.)

Razzer

I just felt like I couldn't even get off the ground with Morph. Like I clearly needed 40 more minutes of farm, seems super boring.

Won 3 Nyx games though through no fault of my own. I whiffed so many point blank spikes, it was embarrassing. I felt like I was wandering around not doing anything most of the time, and am I supposed to end up with just mana boots and dagon? Seems wrong.

Get a blink. It gives you much more use than a dagon. Aim to work on those impales till you are blinking in and getting 3 at a time, like Funnik :)

Also, that stadium is pretty big. I guess we'll get the answer to our discussion from before as to whether we could fill up something that big.

Before bamboo goes and gets crunched with him on stream I wanna say I'm shocked that Brew isn't a more common pick up or even just a pubstomper. He's still super good and with that blink buff whoo...

I haven't had enough time with the new aghs ult maybe that's the problem...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
How does the Beaver Knight courier work Anuxi?

Does it naturally evolve over time though a match?

Looks amazing by the way

Ultrabum

Before bamboo goes and gets crunched with him on stream I wanna say I'm shocked that Brew isn't a more common pick up or even just a pubstomper. He's still super good and with that blink buff whoo...

I haven't had enough time with the new aghs ult maybe that's the problem...

New brew aghs sucks.

inkls

Most of his stuff is mixed damage iirc.

Correct. I just checked the wiki page for flying courrier, seems like abilites that affect it only applies stuns and not the damage (sladar's stun will only stun and not deal any damage to it). I'm guessing the mines won't do anything to it.

Haha, sorry, wasn't clear. By "worse" I mean techies has X less amount of utility for the reasons you pointed out ( and now my knowledge is failing me—old walking couriers in DotA 1 were magic immune as well, right?).

He's always been an odd hero--if he's doing his job laying defenses and traps, he's bound to get extremely underleveled, and playing him offensively (as someone pointed out by using him with a Pudge, Kunkka, or some other hero that can get the unit to where the mines are) seems difficult for most situations outside true pro tier.

I usually stomped people with him or got stomped, and rarely had middling games. But at this point it's mostly just mindtheory (perhaps somewhat compensating for the weaker utility of mining ss would be that in my opinion people are much more aware of wards, especially with the built in ping/callouts, so mining those might have greater benefits. I also feel like the wards CD benefits him as well, and at least would require players fighting Techies to be more active with truesight.)

I feel like he's going to be played like a broodmother. Sticks into one lane, appropriate it to yourself although this will be alot more aggressive in their case. To not lose any xp he'll just mine the area around the lane to make himself hard to gank. Could also lane in top or bottom, for easy mines in shops and rune spots.

Seems like he's the type of hero you buy a gem just for him. With the amount of mines he can spam I feel like it could easily make up for the cost of gem.

Then again, I never played him, so I might be totally wrong.

Lotto

So a full blown stadium huh. Doesn't seem like a very good idea but it was going to happen eventually. Cautiously optimistic if even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom