• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam ID : XShadows69
Hit me up GAF ! Would love to play with some of you guys.

By the way, is anyone using Intel's HD 3000 integrated graphics? If so could you tell me what fps you are getting at low settings everywhere with slider set to minimum at 720p? I'm on Windows 7.
I feel like I should be getting at least 25fps in the laning phases but I have been getting around 15fps. I'm surprised I'm even winning my matches! (Actually...)

Dec

I'm watching it fine on my iPad through the site. You might have to hit play on the video a few times because it times out the first couple of presses.

Getting MIME not supported or some shit on Nexus 7. :(

Edit: I think it's somewhat working now, but really buggy.

Nevermind, it's only buggy on firefox. Works on Chrome.

kvk1

I have to admit, the contrast/color changes and other little tidbits really added a noticeable amount of life to the map. The lighting looks so much better now.

Hylian7

Something I have observed from my Dota 1 matches:

I know I rag on bad players a lot, but the bad players of Dota 2 all look like Dendi compared to what I have seen in Dota 1.

Here's some examples of things I've seen.

-No carry in the safelane
-Dagon rushing Nature's Prophet, no boots till Dagon 5 acquired
-No one doing anything to punish said Dagon rush.
-Meks are a rarity
-Nobody shares their courier (you have to share unit control of everything including your hero to share your courier)
-Usually there is at least 2-3 couriers sitting in base.
-Rosh is something you only get when you are clearly winning the game
-People giving me shit for going Blink on Tinker instead of straight up rushing hex.

On the flip side, one positive is that I have seen people buy wards every single game. However at my MMR, I usually see them in Dota 2, even if it takes 15-20 minutes for them to get placed.

manfestival

I know I rag on bad players a lot, but the bad players of Dota 2 all look like Dendi compared to what I have seen in Dota 1.

-Meks are a rarity
-Nobody shares their courier (you have to share unit control of everything including your hero to share your courier)
-People giving me shit for going Blink on Tinker instead of straight up rushing hex.

On the flip side, one positive is that I have seen people buy wards every single game. However at my MMR, I usually see them in Dota 2, even if it takes 15-20 minutes for them to get placed.

why are you not streaming this quality twitch material?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

-Meks are a rarity

That's a legit build though.

la_briola

BOOM.

ESL announces a $150,000 Dota 2 tournament hosted in the Commerzbank-Arena World Cup Stadium

6163-commerz01.png

I'm from Wiesbaden. 30 minutes away. Hype!

kvk1

Empire's support rotations have been unreal today.

Also, I don't understand why Puppey gave up Dazzle three drafts in a row.

He's wrecking their teamfight.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hehe this bickering in game one of the D2CL between the teams and the admin about a failed dotatv load is hilarious.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Empire's support rotations have been unreal today.

Also, I don't understand why Puppey gave up Dazzle three drafts in a row.

He's wrecking their teamfight.

Yeah. Dazzle won them those games. Those clutch shallow graves on res, plus the weve in teamfights melting xboct on his melee carry. I'm sad that navi lost but I'm glad that empire is showcasing the power of dazzle, even when AA is picked up.

Thanks dreams <3

Baha

Offering rewards are being rolled out slowly according to reddit, so check and see if you've received your rewards yet.

Seance

Banned
Steam ID : XShadows69
Hit me up GAF ! Would love to play with some of you guys.

By the way, is anyone using Intel's HD 3000 integrated graphics? If so could you tell me what fps you are getting at low settings everywhere with slider set to minimum at 720p? I'm on Windows 7.
I feel like I should be getting at least 25fps in the laning phases but I have been getting around 15fps. I'm surprised I'm even winning my matches! (Actually...)

I'm playing w/ a laptop with HD3000 for now. Settings all low except high textures @1366*768. I get 50-60fps when little is happening and goes into the 20's when shit gets hectic.

Fuchsdh

I'm playing w/ a laptop with HD3000 for now. Settings all low except high textures @1366*768. I get 50-60fps when little is happening and goes into the 20's when shit gets hectic.

I'm amazed it's possible to play at decent framerates, especially when everything before HD4000 was so very bad in comparison.

For whatever reason I've been finding it a lot more difficult to deal with Riki in 2 than in 1... not really sure why.

Acinixys

I can handle cry babies and flamers and trolls and down right honest to god idiots who were starved of oxygen at birth, but international players are THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD

Just had 2 Spanish players (with 500 ping each) last pick the worst heros. Last pick was CM, who had to mid vs Invoker. He was lvl3 when invoker was lvl 7 because he stood in the trees for 5 minute crying about ping

Sometimes I wish region locking was a thing

Kalnos

Banned
I can handle cry babies and flamers and trolls and down right honest to god idiots who were starved of oxygen at birth, but international players are THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD

Just had 2 Spanish players (with 500 ping each) last pick the worst heros. Last pick was CM, who had to mid vs Invoker. He was lvl3 when invoker was lvl 7 because he stood in the trees for 5 minute crying about ping

Sometimes I wish region locking was a thing

I know that I shouldn't stereotype but they really are always terrible. It's pretty amusing.

Mohasus

Received from my offerings:
Commander of the Dragon Guard (Legion Commander)
The Iron Drakken (Sven)
Caustic Consumption (Sand King)
Genuine Dreadsteed (Abaddon)
Rare gift (dazzle's yuwipi staff)

I don't mind playing against foreign players. But playing on the same team with that communication/internet connection barrier sucks. If they won't region lock, perhaps maybe consider using common language as a stronger weight for matching people together on the same team.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I love that my friend says he gave 1 rare to the offering max. and got 5 favors back. I put in several, even a mythical I think and got 2.

edit: lol what the fuck is the point of a genuine description tag?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looked at my online inventory, I got bounce's storm and ember sets, 4 boxes, and the super valuable genuine description tag.

shira

Looked at my online inventory, I got bounce's storm and ember sets, 4 boxes, and the super valuable genuine description tag.

This completely fucks over the market for genuine/non-genuine items. What the hell are they thinking.

edit: wtf it changes nothing. its just a description tag

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I offered two full pages of shit with 4 mythicals mixed in and only got a genuine description tag, genuine name tag and a Kunnka sword.

Acinixys

I offered two full pages of shit with 4 mythicals mixed in and only got a genuine description tag, genuine name tag and a Kunnka sword.

only 2?

I offered 11 pages of stuff (no chests) and all i got was the genuine LC great-sword, 1 chest and a genuine name tag

volvo pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom