• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
updated arcana version:
7tpkQG1.jpg

u can use prismatic gems to change his face color and lightsaber colors #value

Kreunt

Banned
YO LEGIT, this is very important:

can someone make me a jedi ember spirit mod? I will reimburse you with many keys.

how good would that be like ember looks like anakin skywalker (maybe have like a darth vader skin, a yoda skin, or a luke skin how awesome is that seriously), and when he tp's he spins his lightsaber around like anakin when fighting obi wan in that one scene in revenge of the sith on mustafar during the final battle. and then you everytime he sleights he jumps around like yoda and u hear lightsaber noises, then when he jumps to a spirit remnant it's like force charge, bolas is force paralyze/stasis, and flameguard is force barrier u feelin me right now how legit would this be ???

just watch this and replace obi wan with storm spirit and anakin with ember spirit, PICTURE IT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI

he's clearly darth maul tho

Quesa

After a losing trend (not really a streak but most of my recent wins were lame and my losses were throws), it's nice to have a game where I just wreck. Felt good to have a random tell me "Aw yeah, carry me bloodseeker!" This is something I don't get to experience much, sadly :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
OMG DIMON222 I LOVE U, U ARE A LIFESAVER--MADE ME A LIGHTSABER SOUNDS MOD FOR EMBER ATTACK AND SLEIGHT OF FIST, THE FIST SOUNDS SO AMAZING

now i just need valve to actually make a hat that turns his swords into lightsabers

Hylian7

After a losing trend (not really a streak but most of my recent wins were lame and my losses were throws), it's nice to have a game where I just wreck. Felt good to have a random tell me "Aw yeah, carry me bloodseeker!" This is something I don't get to experience much, sadly :(

I end up hearing "Thanks for carrying me EE-Sama" a lot

So I was just in a game where I was apparently in LPQ despite not doing anything to warrant that (haven't abandoned games, rarely talk in-game, etc) and not having the big red FIND LPQ button.

The game also warned me I wouldn't get any BP but I did.

What an odd bug.

Sibylus

Banned
http://dotabuff.com/matches/539121190

Aghs Reaper's Scythe opened the door for us to finish off their top lane barracks (mid was already taken, ours also) and the game, disabled Naga's buyback after a crucial fight that we won before the push. Stressful game, trying to pick out the real Naga from a crowd of Radiance illusions and her team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While it may be a glitch, it looks like Valve may have removed Name Tags, Description Tags, and Armory expander from the shop. The former two make some since, I could see Valve is going to stuff them in as bonus items on future chests, but the armory expander would be an odd one.

Acinixys

While it may be a glitch, it looks like Valve may have removed Name Tags, Description Tags, and Armory expander from the shop. The former two make some since, I could see Valve is going to stuff them in as bonus items on future chests, but the armory expander would be an odd one.

I hope the Expander stays gone for a week or two, because I bought a shit load when they were $1, so maybe I can make a killing off panic buyers :D

Chris R

I hate being dicked over by stackmates. At least it wasn't ranked!

edit: Also, Magnus, not the hero for me. Hitting a RP -> Skewer was nice though, so IDK I might give him another chance in non-ranked, just felt useless and died way too much

Shinypogs

Anyone know of a good up to date guide for PA? Outside of picking her religiously in Diretide I've never actually spent much time with her despite her being a Hero I'd actually like to be decent with someday. Also any general tips for her would be much appreciated.

rezuth

So I was just in a game where I was apparently in LPQ despite not doing anything to warrant that (haven't abandoned games, rarely talk in-game, etc) and not having the big red FIND LPQ button.

The game also warned me I wouldn't get any BP but I did.

What an odd bug.

Are we sure this is a bug? Happened to us quite a few times when doing ranked. Think all five times we've been a five stack too. Perhaps the search just looks for the best matched party and then matches you with another stack that has one LP in it?

Are we sure this is a bug? Happened to us quite a few times when doing ranked. Think all five times we've been a five stack too. Perhaps the search just looks for the best matched party and then matches you with another stack that has one LP in it?
Could be right. I queue on Aus server always and it was Wednesday afternoon so not many people would be playing.

It sure felt like an LP game since there was a completely retarded Russian Riki on my team and a Pudge that instantly ragequit after I FBed him. We still managed to win though.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know of a good up to date guide for PA? Outside of picking her religiously in Diretide I've never actually spent much time with her despite her being a Hero I'd actually like to be decent with someday. Also any general tips for her would be much appreciated.

Based on suggested by GAF (some time ago);

I found the following, the best way for new players to play Phantom Assassin
.items - Ring of Protection, Ring of Regen, Iron Branch, Iron Branch
.item - Tranquil Boots (for final inventory)
.items - Bracer, Ring of Protection, Wraith Band
.items - Ring of Aquila, Drums of Endurance
.item - Sange
.item - Hood of Defiance (for final inventory)
.item - Heaven's Halberd (for final inventory)
.item - Assault Cuirass (for final inventory)
.remaining 2 items slots, depending on the situation

.skill - Phantom Strike
.skill - Stifling Dagger
.skill - Blur
.skill - level up Coup de Grâce when ever available
.skills - max out Stifling Dagger
.skills - then max out Phantom Strike
.skills - then max out Blur
.skills - then stats

.gameplay - depend on Stifling dagger to
..to farm creeps from safety
..harass enemy heros, effective once you have Coup de Grâce
.gameplay - depend on Phantom Strike to
..practice defensively, to blink on other units far away when you are in trouble
(range for Phantom Strike is huge, utilize it)
.gameplay - do not put all hope on Coup de Grâce
..but rush with Phantom Strike on enemy heros when your team needs help

Seance

Banned

.item - Sange

.skill - Phantom Strike
.skill - Stifling Dagger
.skill - Blur
.skills - then stats

..practice defensively, to blink on other units far away when you are in trouble

um

ElyrionX

It's ridiculous that they even charge for armoury expanders in the first place. Do they want to encourage people to buy more hats or not?

rezuth

.item - Sange

.skill - Phantom Strike
.skill - Stifling Dagger
.skill - Blur
.skills - then stats

That may be one of the worst builds for PA I've heard in ages. No dmg? No bkb? No good speed item? WAAAAT

Anyone know of a good up to date guide for PA? Outside of picking her religiously in Diretide I've never actually spent much time with her despite her being a Hero I'd actually like to be decent with someday. Also any general tips for her woul...d be much appreciated.
Ignore everything RVinP said about items.

Get phase and life steal. Helm let's you go satanic which is great but Vlad's let's you get deso. Her int gain sucks so something to help that a little can be good like wand, drum or Vlad's/Aquila but you can skip these if you want to focus on bigger items. If they have disable you want a bkb next followed by a big damage item like deso or basher into abyssal. Finally you want attack speed. I think butterfly is good but I'm not sure if she benefits from the evasion at all. You could also go SnY/manta or AC.

In lane you want to use your dagger to harass or last hit if under pressure and save your blink strike to escape to an ally. Only use it aggressively if you can secure a kill.

Acinixys

why would u want attack speed on pa have you seen phantom strike

4 slightly faster attacks that are useless vs a bkb'd target?

No faith!

Suggestion doesn't even require generating gold from neutral creeps in the jungle near safe lanes and one can even play Phantom Assassin in the hard lane. Because..most of the players who commandeered Phantom Assassin in the games I have played, fell hard trying to get their hands on the normal line of items during the progression of a game.

The only acceptable item in that build is AC and maybe Aquila/Drums

Phase - Aquila - Helm of the Dominator - Desolator/Basher - BKB - MKB - Abyssal

Much better build. And youll actually be doing damage that way

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
That may be one of the worst builds for PA I've heard in ages. No dmg? No bkb? No good speed item? WAAAAT

Ignore everything RVinP said about items.

No faith!

Suggestion doesn't even require generating gold from neutral creeps in the jungle near safe lanes and one can even play Phantom Assassin in the hard lane. Because..most of the players who commandeered Phantom Assassin in the games I have played, fell hard trying to get their hands on the normal line of items during the progression of a game.

-----
The only acceptable item in that build is AC and maybe Aquila/Drums

Phase - Aquila - Helm of the Dominator - Desolator/Basher - BKB - MKB - Abyssal

Much better build. And youll actually be doing damage that way

But;
.already doing a lot of damage without any items (at level 16, it would be 400+ damage upon Coup de Grâce)
..Coup de Grâce does proc with 15% chance, which comes up quite a few times in a small stretch of time
.can always make Basher, then upgrade to Abyssal before end game
.Life Steal <- This is item, requires one to always rely on hitting something to be present in fights or in a battle

.BKB's grace is a non-persistent ability, would only last a few seconds providing immunity against lower disables or magic damages
..you'll still be affected by certain high disables and certain passive skills, which even BKB doesn't offer protection <- BKB can be easily countered in specific cases
...relying too much on BKB would mean a Phantom Assassin would be leaping head front into fights, which should be handled by other roles in the team than Phantom Assassin doing it

Hylian7

Unfucking believable. I get matched with a 3-stack that constantly goes in 1-by-1 and feeds over and over again. I tell them to stop doing that, they keep doing it and don't pay attention at all. This is why I can't get my solo MMR up.

Stop.

Bulldog went with a similar build last week and went something like 27/6/16.

90% of the kills were done with:

PMS
Tranqs
Vanguard
Hood
Halberd
Urn

He picked up a late Butterfly, but that was garbage time.

http://www.twitch.tv/admiralbulldog/b/504111007

start at around 54 minutes.

Feel free to watch. It'll be an educational experience. It was for me.

Phandy

Unfucking believable. I get matched with a 3-stack that constantly goes in 1-by-1 and feeds over and over again. I tell them to stop doing that, they keep doing it and don't pay attention at all. This is why I can't get my solo MMR up.

I maintain that Valve is currently putting low MMR players in higher MMR games to enforce 50% winrates on everyone (I wish). Its the only reason for the amount of utter stupidity in the game right now. In the last 2 weeks, honestly only 20% of my games have been normal.

I know people play badly, but its when people just play retarded it gets me really frustrated. I find even more depressing that I get matched with these people. Like I have bad games, but I don't ever outright feed, buy stupid shit or play like a tard. And it so sad to think these people that do, somehow manage to get the same MMR as me. :( Makes me feel bad.

ElyrionX

The sooner everyone realizes that PA is a shit hero with no true optimal item build (you can build whatever you like on her, she's still shit), the quicker we can get back to discussing real Dota issues, such as hats.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Speaking of Bulldog builds, I wanna try Phoenix with a Dagon so I can do gangsta shit drive byes Boyz n the Hood style.

Hylian7

The sooner everyone realizes that PA is a shit hero with no true optimal item build (you can build whatever you like on her, she's still shit), the quicker we can get back to discussing real Dota issues, such as hats.

She's still better than Sniper or Drow. I guess Sniper's on the rise a bit since the Take Aim buff.

Speaking of which she's great against Drow, although Drow doesn't really need a counter because she's kind of shit at the moment.

Low Tier
wtf?

ok pa gets enough attack speed from her agility, its not a hero that you need to build AS on like a sniper. PA benefits alot from the element of surprise, and blinking 1k range and getting off those hits and critting for a kill is much more efficient then building attack speed so you can keep swiping.

drow is honestly one of the best pubstompers atm. If you doubt that you can check up some ee or rtz replays. the blink mom maelstrom is so sick on that hero it just shits out dmg.

sniper owns and ny1 who says otherwise i'll punch them.

Seance

Banned

Play TB. Split push that shit, you can't lose. Just don't die.

Seance

Banned
Stop.

PMS
Tranqs
Vanguard
Hood
Halberd
Urn

Bulldog is Bulldog. He is good enough to get away with clowny shit most could never do because he's just really good lol.

Razzer

I have to agree with 1.09 here. When I play PA I almost always have a core of BKB, helm and basher. After that upgrade to abyssal then satanic. I'll have to try that bulldog build, though he is a pro so one game where he stomps may just be down to outplaying so I'd take it with a grain of salt. I play PA as a frontliner with burst. You jump in on the priority target, pop BKB, and hope to god for a crit. It's just the nature of the hero unfortunately. Once you have the abyssal late game you don't have to blindly rely on crits as much as you can keep them in place even through BKB. People trying to find ways to not rely on crits are misunderstanding the hero in my eyes. Her role is surprising huge burst damage. If you don't get it, unlucky.

elyetis

I maintain that Valve is currently putting low MMR players in higher MMR games to enforce 50% winrates on everyone (I wish). Its the only reason for the amount of utter stupidity in the game right now. In the last 2 weeks, honestly only 20% of my games have been normal.
I wish too... At least it would explain why during the last 2 week, I got a new longest losing streak ( 10 ) and my friend even went to a 16 game losing streak.

Luckily my laning Axe got us out of that streak yesterday, first time I don't play him jungle ( thought I didn't play him for months ), and wow it is good, melee carry can't do a thing on their lane.

sniper owns and ny1 who says otherwise i'll punch them.
Any advised item build ? I usually go phase => maelstorm then either manta or skadi, but recently I found myself to really really like going mask of madness after maelstorm if the game isn't going well, I know it's not safe but with good positioning it really feel like the best dps item you can get for so 'little' gold..

rezuth

Stop.

PMS
Tranqs
Vanguard
Hood
Halberd
Urn

So you're saying that a fun build that Bulldog did while stomping pubs is something you'll suggest to a random pub player? Jeeez

Low Tier
phase bootz, mom, yasha, mkb, crit, win game. Late game you can figure it out based on the state of the game. Just run fast and shoot fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom