• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

phase bootz, mom, yasha, mkb, crit, win game. Late game you can figure it out based on the state of the game. Just run fast and shoot fast
Thanks will try that, actually going mom first should be fun, thought I'll miss that Maelstrom proc.

Airan

Can't get enough of Ember. Such a fun hero to play :D

I hope all these pro matches showing him decimating with a bajillion battlefuries and rapiers don't cause a knee-jerk nerf to him, I just discovered his old chains bounded *3* opponents. God damn that must've been hell for the enemy team.

My worst (that's more than 1 or 2 games) is Skywrath mage at 1-10. It's not that I'm bad at him, I just seem to pick him during bad games to pick him (like the enemies are all huge right clickers).

Spirit3

The drops are so annoying in this game. Play a 70 minute match, my harassing basically wins the game, guy with the worst kill/death ratio and barely any team support gets a mythical drop. Boo Wendy, boo.

My worst is 3-6 on Drow I think. I don't have any zero wins and losses above 1.

F!ReW!Re

The drops are so annoying in this game. Play a 70 minute match, my harassing basically wins the game, guy with the worst kill/death ratio and barely any team support gets a mythical drop. Boo Wendy, boo.

My worst is 3-6 on Drow I think. I don't have any zero wins and losses above 1.

Drops are random, not based on your performance.

Smilax

3-11 Windranger
0-1 Silencer, Vengeful Spirit, Viper, Witch Doctor, Luna, Enchantress, Chaos Knight, OD and Templar Knight.

I should really play as those guys more. Also I'm pretty sure I'm just bad as Windranger.

CryptiK

Most frustrating game ever.
The enigma would not ult unless it was perfect and sand king feed mirana early :(
JpnQknF.jpg

I team wiped them like 3 times :( bought a Rapier as a last ditch effort but no team support :(

Quesa

0-4 invoker
0-4 Qop
1-6 brew
1-6 pugna
3-9 nature's

besides qop, I actually like those heroes so that sucks to realize thanks guys

Hupsel

Loving playing some Mirana even though I need lot of practice... landing those arrows is damn fun and satisfying.

And her plastic skin reflects water or sweat, I dont know. Yummy.

inkls

So I've been looking at Pit Lord a bit (I really can't wait for his release) and does anyone else think hes going to be great against pushing strats? Even if you don't consider his ult there's also his pit of malice that can stun anything that touches it so you can freeze pushes with it. Firestorm seems good to defend towers, not to mention his atrophy aura and its 42% dmg reduction so an entire pushing wave has its damage cut almost by half.

Speaking of atrophy aura how does it apply to illusions in general?

Does it work like this?

original: 200dmg Illusions (20%): 40 -> atrophy aura: original: 84 dmg illusions (20%): 16.8 fmg

Or like this?

original: 200dmg Illusions (20%): 40 -> atrophy aura: original: 84 dmg illusions (20%):
7.05 dmg

In the second case the illusions's damage updates based on the original's and is then affected by atrophy aura. Would it work that way or do illusions keep the same damage they had after spawning?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
im 0 - 5 with drow

edit: 0 - 5 with tide aswell
whats everyones biggest no win record with a hero?

uyhIYL3.png

This hero is fucking impossible to play when you regularly stack with idiots. Like, it's not even worth it to try.

PbZep

Neo Member
Has anyone else been getting inconsistent latency on Australian servers recently? I will start the game at 80-85 ping and it will sit there for a couple of minutes, and then it will spike up to 120 and sit there for 90% of the game.

Has only started happening this past month... I am with telstra cable

CryptiK

Has anyone else been getting inconsistent latency on Australian servers recently? I will start the game at 80-85 ping and it will sit there for a couple of minutes, and then it will spike up to 120 and sit there for 90% of the game.

Has only started happening this past month... I am with telstra cable
Nope all good here on Telstra ADSL it could be congestion though.

So I made it to 3500 from 2900 in less than 7 days.

However... I just heard in a solo Q game "I can't upgrade the courier because I didn't buy it..."

omg.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Good thing. She isn't as bad as most people make her out to be. And although she gets carried a lot, her solo Q is over 4k as well. She's a decent support and knows the meta very well.

jZ9ATlK.png

PbZep

Neo Member
Nope all good here on Telstra ADSL it could be congestion though.

Can rule out congestion, it is just as bad at 4am. I've done absolutely everything I can think of to try to remedy this, apart from call my isp. Guess i'm doing that tomorrow

dmshaposv

im 0 - 5 with drow

edit: 0 - 5 with tide aswell
whats everyones biggest no win record with a hero?

5-14 with venegful spirit.

I dont know why but even when I play really well the rest of the team doesnt do as well. Just really bad luck with her. I even sold my screeauks talon because of my shitty winrate with her.

I'm 2-18 with vengeful spirit. =(

It's embarrassing that I can't play such a straightforward hero.

I know that feel bro.

I guess my biggest weakness is my decision making when it comes to nether swap. Especially in big team fights

LiQuid!

I dont know why but even when I play really well the rest of the team doesnt do as well. Just really bad luck with her. I even sold my screeauks talon because of my shitty winrate with her.

I know that feel bro.

I guess my biggest weakness is my decision making when it comes to nether swap. Especially in big team fights

This is Windrunner for me. I'm not great with her, admittedly, but even when I'm not actively losing the game with her I feel like my team does a well enough job of that on their own and so my winrate with her is in the dumpster. Fun hero, but pretty much a guaranteed loss when I pick her.

I know that feel bro.

I get Nether Swap. My problem is that I feel like I have to roam with her early game and then when there isn't any space for ganks, I end up being underleveled and then become opposing carry food...

http://dotabuff.com/matches/539159067

Whiny feeding SA Shadow Demon?
Feedtastic Nyx?
Failed trilane against a dual lane?

No problem..

<3 Storm Spirit (more importantly so satisfying when you actually carry your team to the W)..I'm starting to realize that I should dial back my aggression with early on until I get at least one core item. The 4 deaths were the result of me jumping into a fight and silencer popping his ult right after I engaged. It's just so tempting to zip in hard and chase when you have the ability to do so despite it putting you in a precarious position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom