• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would like to point out we didn't change the topic title once this thread.

Also, I'm not the #1 poster this time, which feels a bit good.

Hupsel

I was watching TotalBiscuits' Dawngate video and one thing about that Moba sounds cool. At the end of the match you have to rate the other 4 people in your team and the rate increases the chance people will get a drop (and also the quality), so people almost never are assholes since you can just rate them one star and they will get nothing. Sounds better than the randomness in Dota.

ViviOggi

I was watching TotalBiscuits' Dawngate video and one thing about that Moba sounds cool. At the end of the match you have to rate the other 4 people in your team and the rate increases the chance people will get a drop (and also the quality), so people almost never are assholes since you can just rate them one star and they will get nothing. Sounds better than the randomness in Dota.

To clarify, you can't rate them one star, you either give someone karma or you don't, and you're able to do that for every player from both teams. As karma only makes up one part of your post-game reward score you'll always get something even without receiving any karma. Also makes people frequently proclaim "k4a" (karma for all) at the beginning of a match.

It's still an interesting system though. I actually have no idea why Valve haven't tied small rewards to commendations ages ago, it's such an obvious thing to do.

bought the dreamleague ticket for the pudge chainsaw, got an item after goblak got a double kill on alliance. wish it wasn't a common though

5O04K7t.png

Hupsel

To clarify, you can't rate them one star, you either give someone karma or you don't, and you're able to do that for every player from both teams. As karma only makes up one part of your post-game reward score you'll always get something even without receiving any karma. Also makes people frequently proclaim "k4a" (karma for all) at the beginning of a match.

It's still an interesting system though. I actually have no idea why Valve haven't tied small rewards to commendations ages ago, it's such an obvious thing to do.

Yes, this! Commendations should be more "marketed" by Valve, lol, maybe show them at the end of a match and let people rate players if they want to. Most people dont even care to go to the menu and commend someone.

mfaex

I wonder what the new stretch goals will be once we hit the $6,000,000 goal.

Vote between one of several possible techies arcana.

Which heroes are currently most popular in the meta in terms of pick/ban?

Bat.

So what exactly is this Mini-pudge courier and how do we get it? I only see the unlock for the extra skin for it.

It's the next stretch goal after chat emotes. Mini-Pudge was a courier in Dota 1.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So what exactly is this Mini-pudge courier and how do we get it? I only see the unlock for the extra skin for it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So does anyone think there will actually be a hero component to this compendium? That hero prediction gif in matts content analysis (one before most recent) was certainly suggestive.

Randdalf

Guys, Brewmaster's buff makes him so good in lane. If you can't farm, every 10 seconds go whack the enemy hero for a guaranteed crit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think we'll peak at 4 million for the rest of the week, until the actual International where we might be able to see another million.

Top Bottom