• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

yvjwtBE.jpg

FORMAT: two GSL groups of 4, top 2 teams in each group advance to single elimination finals with bo5 gf. All other games bo3.

Today three Group A bo3s
t1495166400z1.png

1. Liquid vs FL
followed by
2. Newbee vs Vega
followed by
3. Winner 1 vs 2 (winner advances to final day)

*huge delays yesterday, except downtime

Miracle time bb
VbiT5wd.gif

Hylian7

Seriously, how often do you end up in LP? I can't even remember the last time it happened to me...

I know the last time I ever had LPQ was when it was all random, and you also didn't have to win your games. I think I got it over having to leave, which happens to the best of us.

Chris R

I won two games tonight, and got ~600 points.

Just 800 wins to the Io Arcana!

Seriously, how often do you end up in LP? I can't even remember the last time it happened to me...

Last time I got LP it's because I was kinda feeding when I ended up with shit stacks playing when heavily intoxicated

tho I'm 3 8.6% beers deep tonight and fucking on point so IDK

literally everything

I don't understand. They modified the base model, all the spell icons, all the spell animations, the death animation, and included new audio as well. As far as Arcanas go that's pretty much exactly what you could hope for.

What more could they have done to make it a worthwhile Arcana purchase in your eyes?

I don't understand. They modified the base model, all the spell icons, all the spell animations, the death animation, and included new audio as well. As far as Arcanas go that's pretty much exactly what you could hope for.

What more could they have done to make it a worthwhile Arcana purchase in your eyes?
The visual design not inviting self loathing would be a good start

Hylian7

Something I thought of: is there any reason they can't make items in the backpack not visible to enemies? Would be useful to keep pieces of things there so the enemy doesn't see what you are building, and you might be able to complete it at secret shop.

It could also be used to hide wards, smoke, or dust, but you still have the swap cooldown.

Wok

Well, I know what the hero does, and how to play against it, just not how to play it.

I would say playing Io involves:
  • either an unrealistic ability to armlet toggle,
  • or a good timing for stacking neutral camps multiple times, and a pairing buddy over voice chat.

Never marketable, never tradeable, if you want to just outright pay for it without playing a million games it's more than 3 times the price of a regular Arcana. Available for a limited time from Valve TM!

The only redeeming factor here for the Io arcana is that people can play to earn it.

Even that is offset by the sheer number of hours you'd have to play to get it.

J2d

Never marketable, never tradeable, if you want to just outright pay for it without playing a million games it's more than 3 times the price of a regular Arcana. Available for a limited time from Valve TM!

The only redeeming factor here for the Io arcana is that people can play to earn it.

Even that is offset by the sheer number of hours you'd have to play to get it.
I doubt anyone could get to that lvl without a shitload of luck :/

Randdalf

I don't think the gameplay is the point of this, it's more about how these teams interact with each other during and between the games. That said, I'd really like a raw feed of the audio during games so somebody could edit it together with the footage, but that's not what Valve were going for with this. Notice how the majority of the audio is not the usual minute chit-chat about Dota, but about the camaraderie and tension between the members of the two teams.

Personally, I think it's a fascinating insight into what's really going on during a competitive Dota game. You can really tell OG were winning this by boosting Ana's confidence, to get themselves right on a psychological level.

shira

I don't think the gameplay is the point of this, it's more about how these teams interact with each other during and between the games. That said, I'd really like a raw feed of the audio during games so somebody could edit it together with the footage, but that's not what Valve were going for with this. Notice how the majority of the audio is not the usual minute chit-chat about Dota, but about the camaraderie and tension between the members of the two teams.

Personally, I think it's a fascinating insight into what's really going on during a competitive Dota game. You can really tell OG were winning this by boosting Ana's confidence, to get themselves right on a psychological level.

It makes a lot more sense when they get to the final match.

Randdalf

It makes a lot more sense when they get to the final match.

Eh. I dunno. I feel like, as I said, it wasn't really the point of the documentary? Like, if you abstract this away from Dota, it's really about how two very good teams behave when competing at the highest level.

It was also really well edited with regards to how they linked OG and VP together. Like how one team basically says "we'll just pick Blah because I want to play him" and the other one is like "it's all part of some master plan!" Their behaviour actually reminds me a lot of how I feel when watching Dota, especially when considering the drafts and how absorbed you can get into the mini-meta of a single BO5.

Twookie

The mental fortitude from n0tail and Fly is really impressive, the way they manage to untilt Ana after the losses is definitely one of the major reasons they won this final.

Top Bottom