• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Eleven Announce New Game - ‘Frozen Synapse: Tactics’ for Vita-PS3

Hanmik

atleast add the pretty picture :D
1359722981-headerFB.jpg

look at the OP now..!

Shai-Tan

Banned
I've had the game on PC forever and could never get past the initial learning curve to figure out if I like it or it's just the overly cumbersome game that it seems to be.

I'm willing to try again on the Vita because the idea of simultaneous movement is interesting so I guess they've got my money either way.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Frozen Synapse is GOTY material. Did they ever release an iOS version?

Still working on it.

I am going to play a bit of FS today to celebrate this news. Anyone wants a (Secure) match? I am on the UK1 server.

God damnit yes. Frozen Synapse is the most tense multiplayer I've ever experienced, and I'll happily double-dip.

According to Steam achievement stats, I'm also one of the 0.1% that finished the campaign.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh, I see a few guys above me are hyped for this! Havent seen this news before, awesome!

Toma

My hype level is like... through the roof. Dont think anyone noticed.

Decado

Meh. I hope the original developer is putting most of their resources into a new game. Let the publisher hire hacks to port it to consoles.

Corto

My hype level is like... through the roof. Dont think anyone noticed.

I wonder what will they do with the visuals? The simple vector graphics had some Tronesque 80s virtual reality charm to it.

Meh. I hope the original developer is putting most of their resources into a new game. Let the publisher hire hacks to port it to consoles.

Those hacks co-developed one of the best games in the platform.

I loved Frozen Synapse, but the Mac port sucked. It is beyond glitched and actually couldn't be completed in Single Player last time I tried. :/

I wonder what will they do with the visuals? The simple vector graphics had some Tronesque 80s virtual reality charm to it.

Hopefully leave it alone, it was perfect.

Corto

I loved Frozen Synapse, but the Mac port sucked. It is beyond glitched and actually couldn't be completed in Single Player last time I tried. :/

Hopefully leave it alone, it was perfect.

I agree, but this had me wondering:

Demi Gounari, Art Director on the new project, said “We are thrilled to be working on Frozen Synapse; our vision is to reinvent the game’s aesthetics and interactivity in the same way that Mode7 reinvented strategy gaming with this title.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Double 11, ex-Rockstar folk and LBP Vita developers are hacks? Really?

Outside of the hack comment, yes, they are gearing up to unveil their next project. iPad version is getting its UI tweaked further etc., but their next game should be announced soonish.

Toma

Another day with people who might not have heard this fantastic news? ;p

Drek

Double Eleven is doing the port, their first title was the fantastic Little Big Planet Vita.

They're also self-publishing this with Sony's support, so no one has been "hired" for this. It's a partnership between Double Eleven and Mode 7.

I'd imagine both Mode 7 and Double Eleven each have other projects in the works too. I'd imagine a team capable of making LBP Vita is bigger than what it would take to port Frozen Synapse over to the Vita, while Mode 7 is supposed to be wrapping up the iOS port of FS themselves.

Both will likely have something new in the near future, which is great for all of us, as they both have shown early signs of great promise.

Toma

Double Eleven is doing the port, their first title was the fantastic Little Big Planet Vita.

They're also self-publishing this with Sony's support, so no one has been "hired" for this. It's a partnership between Double Eleven and Mode 7.

I'd imagine both Mode 7 and Double Eleven each have other projects in the works too. I'd imagine a team capable of making LBP Vita is bigger than what it would take to port Frozen Synapse over to the Vita, while Mode 7 is supposed to be wrapping up the iOS port of FS themselves.

Both will likely have something new in the near future, which is great for all of us, as they both have shown early signs of great promise.

Yep, Mode 7 definitely work on something else, and they only have creative input for this title.

Is FS like XCOM? I really enjoyed the XCOM demo on PS3 and am buying that eventually, if this is like it or Civ Rev and if it's cross buy/cross play, then I'm buying it.

Toma

Is FS like XCOM? I really enjoyed the XCOM demo on PS3 and am buying that eventually, if this is like it or Civ Rev and if it's cross buy/cross play, then I'm buying it.

Its exactly like Xcom, but top down and with more tactical options and a better polished MP 1vs1 mode.

Toma

:-o
FS ON VITA???

I was planning to get this on the pc for a long time, but having it on the go seems like a better fit. I hope it includes the DLC too.

Ohnonono

I really hope the new art is still cyberpunk. I loved the original graphics but expanding on the cyberpunk theme would be very cool.

Toma

I really hope the new art is still cyberpunk. I loved the original graphics but expanding on the cyberpunk theme would be very cool.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. I wouldnt mind getting a more involved graphical style. But really? I just dont mind how it looks if it remotely plays like FS PC.
*drools*

Cornbread78

Ok TOMA... OOOKKKKKKKKK!

I'll take a look when stuff starts to be shown of the VITA version, but no damn promises. I've never even heard of the game before and there is a LOT of competition comin gup for my VITA $$

Toma

Ok TOMA... OOOKKKKKKKKK!

I'll take a look when stuff starts to be shown of the VITA version, but no damn promises. I've never even heard of the game before and there is a LOT of competition comin gup for my VITA $$

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424835

Read the reviews :) Its an amazing game, and the best turn based MP videogame you can get atm.
Seriously, there is a reason I am raving this much about it.

Toma

Vita is dead, no good games coming anymo... oh wait.

Rahk

Excited for this. It was great on PC, but I never got around to playing very much of it. I think it's much more suited to a portable platform.

Dr Dogg

Wow! Totally unexpected. Turn based tactical bliss now on the move. I feel like my life is complete (alright big exaggeration).

Toma

Wow! Totally unexpected. Turn based tactical bliss now on the move. I feel like my life is complete (alright big exaggeration).

Exaggeration? Where?

Top Bottom