• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Download Ragdoll Kung Fu for Free on US PSN (right now)

Vard

Nice, downloading now. Reminds me of the Destroy All Humans! 2 promo... I hope we see more free games (downloadable or not) in the future. :D

Zen

Banned
Is there any way to download this and bypass it being locked to the US account you created to download it with? :X

Zen said:
Is there any way to download this and bypass it being locked to the US account you created to download it with? :X
Huh? You mean you want to play it on your main account, right? All installed games can be played across all users.

Zen

Banned
It's probably because I deleted the US User Profile after I dled the game. I'll reactivate it. Thanks.

Grayman

Not going to bother making a US account for this.

I noticed that BCR is on sale though and everyone should buy that.

robot

Not digging the waggle stuff, seems kinda forced (the meditating thing is a clever idea though). Glad I didn't pay for it, but also glad I got to play it. I just blew yo mind!

robot said:
Not digging the waggle stuff, seems kinda forced (the meditating thing is a clever idea though). Glad I didn't pay for it, but also glad I got to play it. I just blew yo mind!

Yeah, i'm not a fan motion controls as a whole and this game just re-enforces that. The motion-based moves are very, very imprecise.

Zen

Banned
JUSTIN_BAILEY said:
Could that have anything to do with it being free?

Was it #1 yesterday? Was it even in the top 10?

It's only number one for 'popular games' which has something to do with releae schedule. It's in the top 20 for downloads, but certainly not number 1.

Freaking sweet... im away on business right now but It shall be mine this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!

And to the guy who wants Flower to be sponsored next... just buy it, so freaking awesome. Support games like Flower!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Wow...i am so sorry for any of you that paid for this....

It has its moments of neatness, but overall, the controls are absolutely horrid, and completely NOT respond when you need them to the most. Game looks nice though, and some of the stuff you do is cool. Theres no way im going to finish this though....i should lose challenges, or die due to my skill or lack thereof...not assy controls.

dfyb

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
The controls in this are *way* worse than the PC version.
i was so hyped for the PC version that i made a custom playable ragdoll dude BEFORE the game came out in preparation. but i couldn't get over the controls and never enjoyed the game.

i'm already preferring this version. i love the style haha

_leech_ said:
Yeah, i'm not a fan motion controls as a whole and this game just re-enforces that. The motion-based moves are very, very imprecise.

For me, waggle is usually a good thing. I adored the use in Heavenly Sword, Folklore, and GTA (Flick reload needs to be in every game) which is why I'm surprised it's annoying me so much in this. Again, I need more time with it, it's probably something I'll eventually get used to.

jett

D-Member
Jesus this is horrible. Clunky controls AND motion control crap? I'll probably delete it in a couple of days. Instead of wasting your time with this crap, everyone should get on in the Bionic Command sale.

WiCkEd_Co

Me thinks it's part of the plan,

The game bomb so Sony says

Sony guy 1 "Damn it, now how are we going to sell the DLC for online play when no one even bought it" which I bet is in there already so they would just sell a 100kb key to unlock it.

Sony guy 2 "I know.....Give the game for free and hope when the DLC comes out gamers will pay for it because we need to make money on this some how."

Sony guy 1 "Great thinking plus giving it free they think we are the best in da world"

Sony guy 2 "you know, call sprint and tell them for a small fee we will slap there name on it and say they are sponsoring it"

Sony guy 1 "Mr Burns voice "Excellent"

HUELEN10 said:
I don't have a PS3 ATM. Can I do this online somehow?

The only way I see would be to give you login to a trusted friend who also have a PS3 and ask him to download it with your account on his PS3.

bizatch

WiCkEd_Co said:
Me thinks it's part of the plan,

The game bomb so Sony says

Sony guy 1 "Damn it, now how are we going to sell the DLC for online play when no one even bought it" which I bet is in there already so they would just sell a 100kb key to unlock it.

Sony guy 2 "I know.....Give the game for free and hope when the DLC comes out gamers will pay for it because we need to make money on this some how."

Sony guy 1 "Great thinking plus giving it free they think we are the best in da world"

Sony guy 2 "you know, call sprint and tell them for a small fee we will slap there name on it and say they are sponsoring it"

Sony guy 1 "Mr Burns voice "Excellent"

image.gif

Quasar

Love this game. Now I feel a bit guilty getting it for free. I hope the devs aren't getting screwed over with this Sprint deal.

I also wonder if this is the first of many promotions involving non game companies putting up content on the PSN store.

Jtrizzy

Motion controls are annoying and shitty. I really don't want to be shaking my controller all the time like an idiot.

Darkpen

Banned
...Considering that its local multiplayer only, I don't think I can comment too much on how much I could potentially enjoy this, but as far as the single player stuff is concerned, especially the challenges... fuck is it hard :(

I get like.... |----------|-------------|-------------------------.....| that close to Gold on the first challenge, and die :(

Why is it so hard to get to Gold?? My arms feel achy from doing the motion controls, and the worst part was when I had my usb cable hooked to my PS3, and I actually ended up pulling my PS3 down and it fell face-first. Of course, it was still working and running (thing's a tank :D), but still :(

I don't know if I like Rag Doll Kung Fu... or at least I don't know when I'm supposed to start enjoying it.

The combat feels really clunky, and I hate how you can't move when you're within punching-distance with the enemy, or how unresponsive the jump is after doing some sort of action.

Danielsan

Well I tried it yesterday and I guess free is just about the right price. Love the style and music but the controls are ass. Awful motion controls suck out all the potential fun.

deepbrown

supermackem said:
Are you sure about that, i feel i should be charging sony for my download cap, id rather have my 700mb back.:lol
Oh god. Come on.

This is the problem with giving away for free. People who wouldn't like it in the first place download it and then fill forums with bad impressions. Bull sh*t.

Forsete

Gold Member
Pretty fun. Thought the waggle controls worked well, but I think they should have included a option to turn it off, sometimes you just dont feel like using waggle.

Nice looking game too.

Ajay1986

Very cool deal the game is actually really fun. I remember the original PC version being much worse than this, they have improved the controls and feel of the game a lot.

For the life of me I simply can't execute the sideways firefly punches. Feel like an idiot violently waving the controller around. Sixaxis motion controls continue to be completely stupid for mostly everything.

It's still kind of fun though. Like the style it has going on. Shame about the lack of online multiplayer.

Vard said:
Nice, downloading now. Reminds me of the Destroy All Humans! 2 promo... I hope we see more free games (downloadable or not) in the future. :D
:lol
...still waiting for my copy.

Not a bad diversion for the price. But, I have to say I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't clear the throwing tutorial by taking Master Tang and throwing him at four pots instead. This bothers me in a profound way. Seriously. I had set the controller down, got up from my chair, and stared out the window for a while.

Dwayne

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Another damn user account on my PS3 (I hate clutter) ... but oh well.

Set the download to background and delete the new user account. The download will continue just fine without.

Dre

Nice move from Sprint !
It's a decent game, with some flaws but it's not crappy.
Challenges are really hard and the motion-control moves aren't helping at all.
Guess I won't get all the trophies. :D

Top Bottom