• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Download Ragdoll Kung Fu for Free on US PSN (right now)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ok. I'm about to kill my damn cousin...he almost broke my DS3 with all the damn shaking. :lol
Fuck the haters, this game is actually fun.

I don't think anyone was ever hating on this game.

It's just with without online these days a lot of people won't buy games in this genre.

That's where a demo would have been a big help.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
^^I see. I thought that there was a demo already. All downloadable games should have a demo of some sort.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is it just my controller or are the sixaxis controls a bit wonky?

Trying to jolt my controller up and down..it only responded way less than half the time. May i are doing it wrong.. :|

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
gregor7777 said:
I don't think anyone was ever hating on this game.

It's just with without online these days a lot of people won't buy games in this genre.

That's where a demo would have been a big help.

No, it's definitely worth jumping all over the free deal. It's a fun game, just not great. I jumped the gun in grabbing it for full price.

No, the controls are quirky, you have to play it for a bit before getting that down, that's part of the issue.

This actually makes me feel bad for not purchasing more PSN games.

A lot of really great titles but I tend to have a large backlog of disc games I need so the cash goes there first. I have a few, Flower, wipeout HD, Flow, BC:Rearmed (other ones I got for free)but I miss a lot still.

spwolf

gregor7777 said:
$0 is about the right price for me without online. I wouldn't have paid a penny more.

Thanks for the heads up.

lol, i wish they could take it away from your account somehow :lol

Gowans

got it via my US account, its ok but amazing for the price of free.

Most fun I had was that putting a fish in a dish challenge.

Am I still allowed to grumble at no online multiplayer? ;)

Post tutorial impressions.

Great visuals, very clean. Controls don't feel tight but that is obviously on purpose. I haven't had any issues with Sixaxis, working well for me.

Its fun. :D

Edit: Really saying the control isn't tight isn't the right way to say it, but I don't know how to explain it. :lol

MvmntInGrn said:
Post tutorial impressions.

Great visuals, very clean. Controls don't feel tight but that is obviously on purpose. I haven't had any issues with Sixaxis, working well for me.

Its fun. :D

Edit: Really saying the control isn't tight isn't the right way to say it, but I don't know how to explain it. :lol

He's actually right, this game is pretty fun. Maybe because I have memories of the xbox version in mind..

Shurs

I bought into the Gaf hype and purchased the game for $10 when it came out. I regret the purchase even more now.

YoungHav

Banned
Shurs said:
I bought into the Gaf hype and purchased the game for $10 when it came out. I regret the purchase even more now.
:lol thats why I took the 1st day hype with a grain of salt and waited for critic reviews. I'd a been pissed if I paid for this snoozer. Unlocking trophies then deleting.

Just setup a US account in Canada and picked this up. :D I can actually get into the video store too but it will not access any of the payment pages.

Eh, I kinda like it. The controls are a bit awkward, but when everything's clicking and you're throwing pots at your already juggled opponents it's pretty fun.

Well worth 0$.

Lain

I'm glad I never bought it. Getting it for free is pretty cool, altho I'm not liking it at all and don't think I'll play it much longer.

I just tried it out for about twenty minutes. So far it's very frustrating. The controls feel very unresponsive. It feels like I'm pressing buttons, and nothings happening. The Six-Axis controls even more so. I have to do the movements quite a few times before it ever picks up, making necessary moves like Meditation and the fireball a pain in the ass to use when needed.

I've only played the survival challenge though. Maybe it will be less annoying the more I play.

Tkawsome said:
I just tried it out for about twenty minutes. So far it's very frustrating. The controls feel very unresponsive. It feels like I'm pressing buttons, and nothings happening. The Six-Axis controls even more so. I have to do the movements quite a few times before it ever picks up, making necessary moves like Meditation and the fireball a pain in the ass to use when needed.

I've only played the survival challenge though. Maybe it will be less annoying the more I play.
Fireballs are about the only thing that works well imo, it's easy to pop one up on the run and throw it. I do wish that meditation was a button though, it's pretty damn frustrating when your guy is not responding when you (usually) have such a small window of opportunity to perform it.

And the "slam the controller in the direction you're attacking" feels like the worst idea ever. It's probably a lot more fun against humans though.

Kuroyume

Banned
I like free. I like free a lot. I downloaded it earlier but haven't checked it out yet so I can't say if it sucks or not, but the impressions seem to be good so far.

All in All I actually like this game, maybe 5 dollars worth with a demo provided before I bought. And those complaining about motion sensor fuck ups need to get their controllers checked out. It's working fine over here, the only motion control problem so far has been getting the firefly to register all the time. Every thing else rolls on like a button.

womfalcs3

Banned
At least they get money from Sprint by us downloading. It's not like they're losing money in the process.

I finished the tutorial. Good controls.

spwolf

xKilltheMx said:
All in All I actually like this game, maybe 5 dollars worth with a demo provided before I bought. And those complaining about motion sensor fuck ups need to get their controllers checked out. It's working fine over here, the only motion control problem so far has been getting the firefly to register all the time. Every thing else rolls on like a button.

$5? What other games with this kind of production value do you play for $5?

If this is an $5 game, than that pinball game that came out today for 10$, is like 0.1$ game.

Top Bottom