• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drag-on Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3) announced for PS3 [Details in OP]

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Those screens makes me wish Marvelous AQL was making this. After Nier I expected things to continue to improve despite going back to this series.

jorgeton

Not the prettiest game, but this series (nor nier) were ever lookers. I bet it looks better in motion. With whatever hopefully awesome soundtrack accompanies it.

ironcreed

Banned
It looks to have a bit of cel shading going on. I doubt those screens will end up doing it much justice in the end and I am betting it will look much better than what we see there. They seem to be going for more of a painterly look.

Pooya

rehost; I'll get the rest in a bit if someone else doesn't.

l_513ede089631fzdbl1.jpg

l_513ede08eae88ppl4s.jpg

l_513ede091f0canllbr.jpg

l_513ede08c0ac5dslt8.jpg

Uh, maybe they wanted to throw Vita owners the cheapest bone and then realized that they'd actually make more money if they turned it into a PS3 game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ಠ_ಠ If you mean a high end (SoTC, MGS3, etc. tier) PS2 game, maybe.

Well yes, this would be more akin to taking some like the God of War PSP games and putting in a lot of effort as well.

And I mean, let's be fair, we mostly remaster the better looking games from a system!

ironcreed

Banned
I don't care, I just want a fun game with some insane twists and great music. I wager that is exactly what we will be getting as well. Probably looks better in motion anyway, like Nier did.

Barakov

Gold Member
Pretty excited now. I'm more than happy to look past the graphics. I'm just happy we're getting a third one of these.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm willing to put up with some serious shit as long as that shit has a great resolution and framerate. Hopefully they're going to be pushing some ridiculously large-scale battles with a crazy draw distance at least.

I'm not going to kid myself though, even if the game just looks terrible with nothing to justify it, I'll still be happy that it merely exists. :p

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Drakengard 1 music on the site right? Really sounds familiar.

One looks too much like Manah/Seere, wonder what ending they'll go off of, if any and maybe this is a new generation in the family.

Son of a bitch the more and more I look at this the more I begin to realize it has to continue off DoD2. The one that has the most conclusive and most boring endings.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Cyrano

I dunno, don't have any strict problem with it. I can appreciate stylized 3D, particularly for a game like Drakengard.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Looks atrociously mobile.

I don't get it :/

78plpib.jpg

drakengard2_006-large.jpg

Those soldiers look worse than Drakengard 2's...
Not trying to excuse those models because it looks pretty unacceptable as of now, but you also got less detailed foot soldiers when you're mounted on the dragons in the PS2 games, so these would make for a better comparison:

zJJl9N9.jpg

2RONwTo.jpg

Top Bottom