• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shit...this game's mmo-ness has been getting me pumped up for Warlords, and I just remembered that is an ACTUAL mmo, with actual other people, and I dont think I cba with pugs and obnoxious kids and stupid people and everything attached...sigh

I'm at level 10 and it says to go to the war room and investigate combat techniques or something which I assume is for the specialization... What the hell am I supposed to do there is nothing on the table?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Even the other companions and advisors think so.

She's literally the only person you can actively kick out of the Inquisition at any time,

I'm waiting for the time when I get to sacrifice her for the good of the Inquisition.
That's a lie. I'm going to sacrifice her just because.

Hahaha, yeah. I rotate my party members regularly and I highly regret bringing her into
teleported to the future
mission.

It feels like she's just there to feel a quota or something. I mean:

Cassandra: one of the leading figureheads of the Inquisition and basically the one that kickstart the whole Inquisition business.
Solas: most probably the mage with the highest amount of knowledge regarding the Fade.
Blackwall: a battle-hardened Grey Warden.
Considering the presence of Corypheus...
Vivienne: a respected leader of Chantry-affiliated mages and a noble of Orlais.
Iron Bull: a Qunari hardened warrior with his own very capable team of warriors...
who also doubled as a Qunari Spymaster.
Dorian: a highly capable and high-ranked Mage coming from Tevinter.
Cole: a spirit in human form that is truly one of a kind.

Sera...........? A... person that is good at making nonsensical statements? I am not even sure her
being part of Friends of Red Jenny
is significant in any way, sense, or form.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm at level 10 and it says to go to the war room and investigate combat techniques or something which I assume is for the specialization... What the hell am I supposed to do there is nothing on the table?

there is a mission to call the trainers to skyhold

Menome

Leave Skyhold entirely, then come back and the marker should appear on the left-side of the Ferelden half of the table.

EDIT: Make sure your Diplomacy option isn't on a job too, it can't be done by the other two.

Argh, is there a way to view restrictions on schematic when buying? I just purchased the Orlesian Scout Armor (tier 2 medium) from a vendor in Val Royeaux for ~3K gold only to find out that since I'm an elf I couldn't wear it due to "human-trained restriction". Like wtf?

Luckily I had a save in the city before I made the purchase but I'm still kind of ticked off.

Speaking of racial restrictions I've also encountered other armor pieces that my character couldn't wear such as adventurer armor.

I swear late game better be filled with all elf-trained restrictions to make up for it.

I have Dorian, Blackwall, and Iron Bull in my party. Kinda feels odd not having any girls, but....

Cassandra is boring
Sera is annoying
Vivienne... well, I don't need another mage and I like Dorian better.

Also, why don't maximum health items seem to increase the "health" stat bar?

And some more questions:

Right now, Blackwall has the Champion skill tree
Cassandra has teh Templar skill tree.

How come Iron Bull just has the basic warrior stuff?

JimPanzer

think I've run into a bug which hinders me from progressing further in the story

chapter 2 mid to (possibly) end spoilers:
I finished the quest at adamant fortress and the one where you choose the next ruler for orlais (gaspard, celene, briala). Got the eluvian cutscene with morrigan after visiting the war room. I know where I have to go, but I can't get there. The location mentioned is not on the map in the war room. In fact I don't have any of the green main-story obelisks on it. what to do?

Hahaha, yeah. I rotate my party members regularly and I highly regret bringing her into
teleported to the future
mission.

It feels like she's just there to feel a quota or something. I mean:

Cassandra: one of the leading figureheads of the Inquisition and basically the one that kickstart the whole Inquisition business.
Solas: most probably the mage with the highest amount of knowledge regarding the Fade.
Blackwall: a battle-hardened Grey Warden.
Considering the presence of Corypheus...
Vivienne: a respected leader of Chantry-affiliated mages and a noble of Orlais.
Iron Bull: a Qunari hardened warrior with his own very capable team of warriors...
who also doubled as a Qunari Spymaster.
Dorian: a highly capable and high-ranked Mage coming from Tevinter.
Cole: a spirit in human form that is truly one of a kind.

Sera...........? A... person that is good at making nonsensical statements? I am not even sure her
being part of Friends of Red Jenny
is significant in any way, sense, or form.

To be fair, not every member in an RPG needs to have thematic ties to the plot or importance. They just need interesting characterization and/or backstory. Cole's rationale to join the Inquisition is also pretty flimsy; you just happen to like his reason-of-being but not Sera's (while it's the other way around to some). Heck, Leliana in the first game really has no business tagging along with the Warden other than "God tells me to follow you."

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
To be fair, not every member in an RPG needs to have thematic ties to the plot or importance. They just need interesting characterization and/or backstory. Cole's rationale to join the Inquisition is also pretty flimsy; you just happen to like his reason-of-being but not Sera's (while it's the other way around to some). Heck, Leliana in the first game really has no business tagging along with the Warden other than "God tells me to follow you."

Fair enough.

But at the very least Cole brings something unique to the table. Sera? Not so much.

So apparently there's side romances in addition to the main ones. I was doing the romance quest for Josephine and was able to sleep with some random quest npc along the way

Rhaknar

So apparently there's side romances in addition to the main ones. I was doing the romance quest for Josephine and was able to sleep with some random quest npc along the way

the masked lady to get your way with whatever you wanted? I did that too, but I was still courting Josie at the time, I wasnt involved. im loyal!

theres actually some neat details with the romance.
Josie called me her love during the card game for example, you can dance with her at the end of the empress ball quest
, stuff like that

Fiktion

Banned
If EA's accountants know what's good for them, they better have a small army working on "Romanceable Scout Harding" DLC right now.
It will never happen.

nv85tlo.png

If you get the 'Short List' perk from Connections, there's a Keeper's Robe from the Elven vendor in Exalted Plains. Only good if you're a Mage though.

But honestly what's the deal with racial restrictions? Well I can understand some racial restrictions but for the majority of armor you want to wear that you encounter in the beginning of the game? Such BS.

If I'm in the
Desert
area, how much more do I have left? Around 22 hours in and still have a bunch to do there but I decided to go forth with the
Ballroom
quest that may be a bit too high leveled for me..
Starting to feel like the game is dragging a bit for me honestly although I'm still enjoying my time with it.

Leliana atleast helps you in a fight and proves herself. Sten and Zevran make no sense joining, one was a convicted murderer in a cage and the other was an assassin that tried to kill us personally, and we let them both tag along without worrying "could this person kill me while I sleep tonight?" as any rational being would. But hey, its a Bioware game, gotta recruit 'em all. Guilty.

Frillen

Had an epic fight with the Dragon in Hissing Wastes. Little did I know that halfway through he would start bringing in minions. Wrecked me the first time and I died about 20 minutes in. I had to rethink my strategy. I had him down to about 1/3 of his life at my second attempt, when things went to the shitter again when he called for his minions and I'm pretty sure I was about to die like 15 times. I somehow managed to stay alive and occasionally revive my stupid companions. Cassandra usually stayed alive during the other Dragon fights, but not this one. Holy shit, finally took him down after 30 minutes. Felt so good!

However, do any of the Dragons in the last area (snowy area) have minions?

Verger

Banned
Sera to me seems like ME's Jack, except more um...."stupid" (mentally challenged?)

Sad thing is I warmed up to Jack a little. But nothing Sera has done has been endearing.

Moff

honestly I think these are pretty dumb comments either way. if romancing a dward is "eew" then it must be just as "eew" with a dwarfen player character.

Handy Fake

honestly I think these are pretty dumb comments either way. if romancing a dward is "eew" then it must be just as "eew" with a dwarfen player character.

A girl I knew had a thing for the Tetley Tea Folk, which often reared its head in the kind of gentleman she chose to go out with.

I'm just leaving this here.

Repost for new page:

How come after romancing josephine I didn't get the trophy? Is there another requirement? Do you have to develop it more than just getting to the sex point?

Dorian will come very early on, before you get Skyhold.

Or not. It kinda depends. Slight early game spoilers:

Early on you'll have to pick a side, mages or templars. If you pick mages, Dorian joins right away(well during that part), Cole joins in Skyhold. If you pick templars, it's the contrary, Cole joins right away, Dorian joins in Skyhold. Note that assuming you have the power for it, Skyhold unlocks fairly soon after.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Holy fuck sera drives me fucking insane with her fucking idiotic AI, ALL THE FUCKING TIME she runs to kiss the enemy , i am in the dragon fight in the hinterlands and the best i can do is half life of the fucking dragon cause i am playing rogue melee.

if i control my rogue char i keep getting fucked cause the dragon keeps fucking him AND sera and the mage keep fucking kissing the dragon and its 3 to heal, the potions fly fast as hell.

if i controll sera my rogue eats portions until he dies and having 2 potions left when i only take 20 % of the health is not enough

dumb AI cant even follow the fucking hold command.
guess i need to have like level 16 to kill the hinterlands dragon and i play on normal, i cant believe some people play the game on nightmare xD

sorry for the rant but the AI is just plain retarded...
For dragons I think 2 tanks is almost required. Well, not really... But it makes those fights a lot more manageable.

2 tanks, one mage, one rogue. Preferably if you are the one controlling the rogue. Because the AI is terrible with rogues.

ocean

Banned
Repost for new page:

How come after romancing josephine I didn't get the trophy? Is there another requirement? Do you have to develop it more than just getting to the sex point?
You will eventually reach a quest for her Heraldry and then another one which I won't spoil which involved an Antivan lord. After that one you get the trophy.

SkylineRKR

For dragons I think 2 tanks is almost required. Well, not really... But it makes those fights a lot more manageable.

2 tanks, one mage, one rogue. Preferably if you are the one controlling the rogue. Because the AI is terrible with rogues.

AI is shit but when I tell Sera to hold position she doesn't move.

Renekton

Dagger rogues are great for dragons. You put a mark on it, deathblow and twin fang, active mark, see a big "9999" damage number.

AI is shit but when I tell Sera to hold position she doesn't move.
My Sera had no issues, but her flasks seem wasted as I wasn't controlling her manually.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I've only just got to start playing...

That Tactical Camera? What were they thinking? Need more zoom out!

Moff

2 knight enchanters with staves that have elemental damage of the dragon's weakness and black wall should be able to take down any nightmare dragon easily. the 4th character might just as well be a rogue.

Korten

Banned
Got say, Ironbull is probably one of my favorite companions in the game. I don't actually use him in combat but I always make sure to go and check what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom