• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser |OT| Loyal bands and murderous hands

o33OXDe.png

Developer: BioWare
Release Date: September 8 (NA), September 9 (EU)
Platforms: PS4, XBO, PC
Price: $14.99

TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQKGFMfXx0

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
A first for BioWare, Trespasser is an epilogue. To play it, you’ll need a character that has completed DAI's main storyline.

INFORMATION
(This is BioWare's final DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. With it, we bid farewell to the game and look forward to new adventures in Thedas.)

Having saved the world of Thedas by closing the Breach, your next and final mission will determine the future of the Inquisition. Your mark suddenly glows, erupting with magic connected to the Fade. Assassins attack in shadow. An invasion of enemies begins. Win a race against time to face a great evil before it is too late. Trespasser tells an entirely new story, set two years after the main game. The story explores what it's like to be a world-saving organization when the world no longer needs saving. It's a chance to meet and talk with old friends, to uncover a new threat, and ultimately decide the fate of the Inquisition you worked so hard to build. It might just contain hints about the future of Thedas, too. We'll also get a chance to finally get some answers from
Solas.

Test your mettle against the full force of the disciplined and battle-hardened Qunari army and explore new areas as you fight the threat across the whole of Thedas. In this final DLC, you will embark on one last adventure with your team to confront the one who started it all.

IMAGES

Miracle

Wait a minute, final DLC?

I guess I have been so out of the loop. This is literally the first DLC I have ever heard coming out from this game.

Oh, wow. It's the most awaited epilogue!
How long is it?
Yea, pretty excited for it! I thought we could discuss it here and give impressions. No word on the length, but this is the heaviest of all the DLCs in terms of story, so it should be fairly lengthy. Several hours at least.

Walpurgis

Banned
Nice, clean OT. I like it!

Are the other 2 DLC's worth it? Not played any of 'em yet.
I haven't played them either but I don't believe that they are. I'm in it for the story so I don't have interest in paying for filler content. This looks like it's a must-buy for anyone who has played DA:I though.

Might fire it up again for the Destiny breaks.

Was debating whether to grab The Descent, as my endgame party is just over-leveled as fuck.

Bala

Banned
i think i saw some qunari inside an area accessed by eluvian . i wonder if we will finally get some more hardcore evidence that qunari indeed are genetically modified elves ?

i think i saw some qunari inside an area accessed by eluvian . i wonder if we will finally get some more hardcore evidence that qunari indeed are genetically modified elves ?
That doesn't make sense. Qunari came from the north. Humans also came from the north much earlier. If anything humans and Qunari are related.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So excited! Just based on what we see in the trailer, I love the fact that there's been a time lapse of several
years
. A lot of things can happen in that time and it looks like they have. Also very excited to see the
resumption/heating up of the Kunari/Tevinter conflict
- setting up game 4, I hope. :D

Yeul

Is this available for DL now?

Depends on your platform but Origin usually gets it like 1pm EST, Xbox got it at around 6am EST last time I think? and PS4 is later in the day. Unless you're in Europe and play on PS4 you get it on the 9th.

Anyways, nice OT, Shinobi! I kinda spoiled myself with some of the assets though because I'm weak but I'm excited to see the actual story and have my Lavellan hear from
Solas

rakhir

I'm very interested what plot exactly is in this thing. DAII dlc's were better then the main game, I'm waiting for you guys to post some impressions from this one.

so, i barely got into jaws of hakkon cause i didnt find it really all the compelling.

i really liked the deep roads dlc, i think. the enviroments were cool, but the boss fight SUUUCKKKKED and all the rocks made movement issues with the game just super obvious.

so whats the hook with this one? If ive been cold to lukewarm on the dlc so far....think its worth it?

so, i barely got into jaws of hakkon cause i didnt find it really all the compelling.

i really liked the deep roads dlc, i think. the enviroments were cool, but the boss fight SUUUCKKKKED and all the rocks made movement issues with the game just super obvious.

so whats the hook with this one? If ive been cold to lukewarm on the dlc so far....think its worth it?
This is supposed to be more structured than something like Jaws of Hakkon (that added a whole new region). There are new areas in this one as well, but it's very narrative heavy, more than the others, higher cinematics/presentation value, and actually takes place after the main game ends, so you'll need a character that's completed the game. You'll also finally get the chance to meet
Solas
again.

Kinthalis

Banned
I made the mistake of trying Jaws of Haakon a few weeks ago, and now I'm burned out on the crappy combat of this game again...

Damn it. THIS is the DLC I wanted, despite it's faults, the main storyline was the best part of this game, and I want to see what happens next.

I guess I'll come back ater takign another few month's break.

Not yet in Origin (At least here in Finland) but it seems Jaws of Hakkon is discounted to 10.43€ from original 14.90€ price point. Wondering if it's worth the price...

Top Bottom