• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Spell combos: grease + fireball = grease fire. TOOLSET confirmed.

El_Victor

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

f_da2m_18d1bfc.jpg

I am psyched.

dionysus

Yaldog
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still going to consider this vaporware though until it is on store shelves; I don't like being sad when things are delayed.

bathala

Banned
now that i have a good pc

Hype +50

I wonder how many pips will get banish for EA + PC = port. (oh wait someone already did that :p )

Kipz

massive bear, tiny salmon
!!!!
I'm expecting huge things from this. I hope it delivers and takes full advantage of the PC for once.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah. Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire and Mass Effect was just training ground for what would become BioWare's true 3D venture. Never forget Baldur's Gate II!

Flakster99

Fantastic. About time!

Don't misunderstand me, I was excited for Dragon Age when it was unveiled over 4 years ago.

I hope the game is in a state where it is appropriate to have an all out, impressive coming out party. I feel Bioware has something to prove here, and I hope they do.

Hitmeneer

speedpop said:
Yeah. Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire and Mass Effect was just training ground for what would become BioWare's true 3D venture. Never forget Baldur's Gate II!

I really hope they can reach that level of awesomeness of Baldur's Gate II again with Dragon Age.

FUCK YEA

Hitmeneer said:
I really hope they can reach that level of awesomeness of Baldur's Gate II again with Dragon Age.

I'm thinking it will fall somewhere between the new Bioware games and the games of old as far as how robust it will be.

NewLib

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Make it Baldurs Gate II reborn!!

You guys haven't been following this game. While its suppose to be more like their older RPGs, its not going to be the tons of classes, tons of races, tons of sidequests thing that Baldur's Gate II was.

There are three classes, three races, and sidequests are not the focus.

The classes, however, I think are going to have more skill tree like depth, there are going to be a completely different gameplay experience playing with different races.

The development team has warned time and time again, this game is not Baldur's Gate III.

Bioware has fallen in quality since BG2 (although to be fair BG2 is an impossible act to follow and the rest of their games have still been great just not on the same level.) But this game has been in development forever so hopefully it'll be something special. My hype for this game is not what it once could have been, but this is going to be the game to make me upgrade my PC.

Edit: At one point bioware said that they could never make another game with the level of things to do that BG2 had because of how much money it would take with newer technologies. Sad but understandable. I just want a great game from then again (better than JE and ME).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
NewLib said:
The development team has warned time and time again, this game is not Baldur's Gate III.
I think anyone expecting something akin to that should also be expecting a game that is played in 2D.

NewLib

Banned
To be far to Bioware, Baldur's Gate II is probably the greatest RPG ever (in my opinion). To go back in that direction completely will only lead to people not enjoying the game.

Its not like they haven't made good games since BGII. Neverwinter Nights was good, but suffered from the problem it wasn't BGII. KOTOR was fantastic. One of the best console RPGs ever. Jade Empire was alright, but obviously a low mark. Most of that had to do with expectations at the time, but its the only Bioware game I own that I never replayed. Mass Effect is great sidquests/more varied landscapes away from being a really, really great game. Hopefully, ME2 fills in those gaps.

I think Dragon Age is going to be good. I know, though, it isnt going to be the grand return to the PC RPGs where you could spend 40 hours and not touch the main quest.

I just hope they haven't spent most of their current development time making a new amazing woweewow engine. Please polish the game off to BG2 level. Please you bastards.

Is this coming to PS3 as well with PC as lead platform? I can't remember if it's this one or a different RPG that was announced as such. I thought it was a Bioware RPG.

Meier

I'm stoked, but I know if they're just releasing info now that it won't be out until like 2010... so, somewhat 'meh.' :(

TreIII

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to this.

Maybe they'll have the game ready by Holiday 08, IHOPEIHOPEIHOPE? :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm excited to see this simply because David Gaider is the lead writer. I'll finally be able to see if his work is as good as I think it is.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
bill0527 said:
I love everything Bioware does.

Except the bugs. I hate the bugs. And Bioware's games are always full of them.

They have a severe problem with polish...its a PC dev thing

Ventrue

firehawk12 said:
I'm excited to see this simply because David Gaider is the lead writer. I'll finally be able to see if his work is as good as I think it is.

Don't know about writing, but he did make that awesome semi-official Throne of Bhaal mod after they had shipped it.

I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. I hope it is good.

Sanjay said:
Fuck yeah, Please be Morrowind good.

Morrowind good? I think I'm hoping for BGII good. :)

Durante

Awesome. I'm currently replaying Baldur's Gate 1 (with tons of mods, in the BG2 engine, at widescreen 1280*800) -- I played Mass Effect a while before that and it's a bit sad to see how, while there have been massive advances in some areas, there have been at least as many steps backwards in others. If they can recapture just a bit of that magic the best IE games offered then I'll be all over Dragon Age.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ventrue said:
Don't know about writing, but he did make that awesome semi-official Throne of Bhaal mod after they had shipped it.

I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. I hope it is good.

Yup, totally.
He was also responsible for most of the "female PC" plot in KoTOR, including the cut DSF ending (which, incidentally, was the best ending in the game).

I just find it interesting that they gave him Dragon Age and Drew Mass Effect. Once DA comes out, we'll be able to see which parts of KoTOR and Jade Empire they were responsible for.

Top Bottom