• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighterz announcement boosts Guilty Gear sales

wwm0nkey

Looks like the Dragon Ball Fighterz announcement is going to be a good thing for ASW all around going by SteamSpy.

Before the leak and announcement Revelator was sitting at 37k copies sold after a year on the market+ Rev 2 expansion. After the leak it is now sitting at 46k copies sold.

You can check the stats HERE

I know the original sales are not great, but it's Kind of nuts that it boosted the sales as much as it did, it's almost 1/4th of total sales

Espada

Whatever gets people in the door, ASW deserves more people buying/playing their games. They've done a great job with Guilty Gear, and if interest in DBF creates more interest in them or makes them more money to keep going that's win/win!

"Can someone explain to me why?"

A lot of Dragon Ball fans are excited after the Dragon Ball FighterZ reveal and many had never played an Arc System Works game before.

blazeaire

I really hope they make the next Blazblue in this style, I prefer BB gameplay and characters but Guilty Gear Xrd has the better art

"But... Why not wait till DBZ comes out?"

Why would they wait until DBFZ comes out next year to buy Guilty Gear which is available now?

I'm more excited for their DBZ game than I am for MVC... which is something I never expected to say about a DBZ game... or an MVC game

ggx2ac

So Dragon Ball FighterZ is the Pokémon Go of Guilty Gear.

(Talking about the spillover effect that people are buying other Arc System Works games because of DBFZ)

TreIII

Good to hear! If at least even a portion of DBF hopefuls also go try out Arc's other products, the game meets one of its other goals.

Arc going to get paid~!

Peltz

ASW is as important to 2D fighting games in 2017 as Capcom and SNK were in the 90s. I'm hoping that DBFz makes them more of a household name.

I've been a fan since GGX2 #Reloaded on Xbox.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Worth noting that Arc's other stuff are usually a good bit less complex and easier to manage than guilty gear.

Other than hokuto no ken which is just full on bonkers.

wwm0nkey

I'm one of those people. Is the in game tutorial the best resource for learning the game?

I'm a fighting game neophyte and I don't want to bounce off DBFZ because of my lack of execution skill.
Guilty Gear has the best tutorial mode and character training modes hands down. Make sure to do character match up training after you got the hang of it

kaskade

Just saw the PS Store has a demo for one of the games, I'm going to try it out. I'm not much a fighting game person but the fighting looked awesome in the DBZ version.

I'm a part of them lol.

Biggest reason for not getting it was that I didn't wanna invest a time into a game without appealing characters for me. Dragon Ball is giving me an excuse to get into ASW fighters, though! (Besides P4A)

Top Bottom