• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighterz announcement boosts Guilty Gear sales

For newcomers to the series:

If the game's insane number of systems seems overwhelming to you, remember that you don't HAVE to learn most of them. In your first few weeks, you'll still be coming to grips with your character and the general back-and-forth of the game so don't make life difficult for yourself by trying to learn things like Faultless Defense and Instant Blocks too.

EDIT: Do try to learn Roman Cancels though, as they're a big part of the game.

Play at your own pace, learn as you feel like it and just kick back and enjoy the animu.

tumblr_ng3psawsCh1sdhuzuo1_500.gif

Xrd is definitely my favorite modern fighter mechanically, and it really deserves all the praise it gets. Rev2 came out at kind of an awkward time, since everyone is more focused on Injustice and Tekken, but it is SO good. Happy to see them get more sales.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
This is good news. I'm glad ASW is finally blowing up

Newbies: don't​ be scared of the meters. Or 26 colors for every character lol

Yeah, the fact that it did so much off-sale is a win. It also means when summer sale comes around, that number might jump up even higher. Though I'm curious, how different does FighterZ look in comparison to Xrd, gameplay-wise?

muteki

I was hoping this would happen, GG is great, full featured, and a joy to look at and play, more people should enjoy it.

RM8

I bought Xrd and I literally played it for 45 minutes. I'm not into DBZ but I promise I'll launch the game one of these days and give it another chance. It's difficult these days since I'm juggling T7, SFV, and KOFXIV ( all of which I love).

jeemer

uhm... i wouldn't mind jumping on the bandwagon myself. i always thought asw games looked fantastic, but i was put off with how they'd release new versions they'd take ages to port, and as a pc player i couldn't keep up.

if i wanted to get in some practice can someone recommend the cheapest way for me to get ggxrd on pc?

Pompadour

For newcomers to the series:

If the game's insane number of systems seems overwhelming to you, remember that you don't HAVE to learn most of them. In your first few weeks, you'll still be coming to grips with your character and the general back-and-forth of the game so don't make life difficult for yourself by trying to learn things like Roman Cancels and Instant Blocks too.

Play at your own pace, learn as you feel like it and just kick back and enjoy the animu.

tumblr_ng3psawsCh1sdhuzuo1_500.gif

I agree with your overall point but Roman Cancels seem pretty important, at least RCing on hit. They're in a lot of bread-n-butter combos.

All the other stuff can be ignored, honestly.

Tizoc

uhm... i wouldn't mind jumping on the bandwagon myself. i always thought asw games looked fantastic, but i was put off with how they'd release new versions they'd take ages to port, and as a pc player i couldn't keep up.

if i wanted to get in some practice can someone recommend the cheapest way for me to get ggxrd on pc?

This was the cheapest available option for a time
https://www.dlgamer.com/us/games/buy-guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-all-in-one-42445

But keep an eye out as they may get keys back in stock, otherwise I'd recommend Humblebundle.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I agree with your overall point but Roman Cancels seem pretty important, at least RCing on hit. They're in a lot of bread-n-butter combos.

All the other stuff can be ignored, honestly.

I mean unless you want to learn the specific timing of frc, Roman cancels aren't that crazy.

sibarraz

Banned
U missed the deal that had them both for a little under gbp 30

I saw it, and thought on buying it, but I spend my gaming money of the month on KOF 14: SE, Tekken7 and a hori fighting commander pro.

I'm glad with tekken and the controller but I had a sour taste with KOF, I hope that the final release today will improve the performance in the game, but I started to lose hope honestly

BasilZero

I have gotten almost all of the gg games on steam except for the latest one.

Been playing the second blazblue - can't wait to play the new dbz game ;D

Momentary

Banned
Just throwing down this intro/instant kill exhibition video down. Game was running at 5K and I recorded at 4K 120MBps. You can probably grab stills from youtube for background images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQJOwHMX85w

In my opinion, I feel like Revelator is the best looking fighter out there. The techniques used to create this game are just amazing.

sibarraz

Banned
Does the steam version have a decent playerbase online?

GG is almost dead in my scene, and I don't want to play this game for the sp, unless it could work as an anticipation for db

wwm0nkey

Does the steam version have a decent playerbase online?

GG is almost dead in my scene, and I don't want to play this game for the sp, unless it could work as an anticipation for db
Yeah it's pretty easy to find a fight, not thousands of people but I don't have a problem.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Good stuff.

I hope they have a heavy day experiencing one of the most stylistic fighting game series ever.

Yup, bought -Revelator- + Rev2 even though I felt like -Sign- was a bit lacking just to get that gameplay in my system again. Guess now I've bought every ASW fighter except for Centralfiction! Even had the HnK/FotNS back in the day.

Top Bottom