• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

TreIII

Fully expecting them to toy with my heart till last second with 17 yes.

I'm thinking DLC mostly because I don't see them having planned for him before his return and he wouldn't be part of their single player mode.

Like I said, I'm still thinking that whatever "story" is at the core of this game is likely going to be a thing that pulls characters from different eras. Hence, why we can have RoF-era Freeza palling around with a Cell stuck from his own era and nobody will bat an eye.

Anything that hopefully gives my girl, Towa, a chance to be included is fine by me. We need more females and villains to balance out the roster, anyway, and timeline shenanigans is her thing.

Good roster but I would remove Black and 17.

Add Roshi and Jaco.

DLC :

Caulifla
Black
Jiren
Janemba

6cdee7260eb948e74ce0fe06b441b962de81c87e_hq.gif

jett

D-Member
Yayy for Piccolo and Krillin. Next character announcement should be a villian, so I am guessing Beerus.

Also I am fine if Yamucha is in as long as it's this Yamucha

Yamcha+&+Puar.jpg

Should def be this Yamcha (with sword) and Puar as a pseudo-assist, just to add further variety to the roster.

Slaythe

It's because they sell dude. If they make Ginyu DLC over Black and 17, you ll have some random dudes on GAF pretending they're excited, but realistically the sales will be poor. If they give rose black and super's 17 as DLC, they'll make ton of money.

So the online mode has chibi characters as avatars? I have never played a ARC game... can someone explain? Thanks

You can pick a chibi version of your favorite character and move around a 3D world, go to training machines, vs, read news etc... and they have animations usually. It's cute.

Like I said, I'm still thinking that whatever "story" is at the core of this game is likely going to be a thing that pulls characters from different eras. Hence, why we can have RoF-era Freeza palling around with a Cell stuck from his own era and nobody will bat an eye.

Anything that hopefully gives my girl, Towa, a chance to be included is fine by me. We need more females and villains to balance out the roster, anyway, and timeline shenanigans is her thing.

I didn't mean it like that.

I meant that they were never gonna add 17 because they always screwed him over in 2D games.

Now that he's back as main character in Super, they can't ignore him but it was probably too late to include him in the story. So DLC is their only choice.

How long was this game in development for? Late 2015 - early 2016?

It's hard to say because they are absolutely using their extreme Butoden bibles for this game, the actual planning probably happened early 2016.

cordy

Banned
And honestly speaking Ginyu would be a fun character. He could have moves that use the rest of the Force as assists and he can even do his body changing thing at times if needed.

Neoxon

And honestly speaking Ginyu would be a fun character. He could have moves that use the rest of the Force as assists and he can even do his body changing thing at times if needed.
He could even body change with the other members.

Alienous

I'm telling you, they won't miss out on Android 16. You need to have the big dudes for variety.

And I don't think they'll pass over Dabura - I don't think Trunks will be the only sword-wielding character. So either they double down on Goku Black with his ki blades, or they have Dabura.

Neoxon

I'm telling you, they won't miss out on Android 16.

And I don't think they'll pass over Dabura - I don't think Trunks will be the only sword-wielding character. So either they double down on Goku Black with his ki blades, or they have Dabura.
Doubling down on Goku Black's ki blades makes more sense. As for the androids, 17 & 18 are the most relevant of the lot & are the most popular. We always have (*sigh*) Broly as our big guy.

I'm actually going to be disappointed if it isn't this now
I feel like Funimation will try to sneak it in, but Toei won't be happy.

Steaks

I'm telling you, they won't miss out on Android 16. You need to have the big dudes for variety.

They need to put in 16 and make him a carbon copy of MvC2 sentinel.

mas8705

I really don't know why I doubted Krillin's chances of getting onto the roster... I guess since he has always been a support character rather than one of the power houses, I thought he wouldn't be feasable, but this is a welcomed addition.

If I had to guess, I would probably guess that Krillin's support move could actually be something that could be more useful than other character assists. Perhaps something to distract or disrupt the opponent and making it easier for the on point character to get their hits in. Still, I hope we do get to see some nice team diversity where Krillin gets to be the best kind of help to any team he is apart of.

I just realized that we can now recreate the scene where Kriillin gets blown up by Frieza and have Goku rush in as a SSJ...

As for Piccolo, no shocks there. If anything, I would like to see if we might get another playable Namekian, or perhaps if this is a celebration of "All Things Dragonball" that we could also have King Piccolo as a playable character too.

Either way, a nice set of announcements and hopefully we'll see more very soon.

i need my 3 girls team, come on Videl, Chi-Chi, Lunch, Bulma

Honestly, Videl might be the only one to stand a chance on getting on the roster. The only other female characters that could make the roster too might be 18 and (if we really had to stretch the pool list of characters) Pan (to which some people might get upset that a reference to DBGT was made).

I hope we just get SSB Vegito instead of Blue Goku/Vegeta, but I'm fine if they're separate characters too. Red hair SSG Goku would be cool too in that case.

i need my 3 girls team

Myeah, this is obviously going to be the biggest sausage fest ever but i hope there's at least three.

18's probably the only one near guaranteed to make it in. If they go looking there's definitely other options but i'm not sure they will.

Lulubop

Why? Gotenks would have a lot of potentials with their ghost ability.

Don't forget donut, volley ball, and his headbutt which can be made to work like Talbain's beast cannon.

He also has a big personality, and a lot of moves that can be made into quirky normals. He's actually the best DB character.

TreIII

It would be nice if they did SOMETHING with Dabura. Even Heroes/Xenoverse has done more interesting things with the guy, like making him out to be Towa's big brother. Not to mention the whole Demon Realm plot that went on in Heroes.

And if nothing else, Dabura's got unique abilities. Turning people to stone to set up for big combos sounds like something that would be a helluva ability to have...

What alternate colors do you want to see in this game?

I'm not expecting a full costume, but any color scheme for Vegeta that allows me to have him in armor reminiscent of THIS color scheme...

Vegeta_First.PNG

...would be something I'd even be willing to pay for, if it came to it.

mas8705

I'd like to think that 16 and Dabura are sure ins. At least in Dabura's case, it would be a good excuse for him to get revenge on Majin Buu at what happened to him (and he was I believe the only character who was turned into a cookie).

Meanwhile, I'm trying to think if they might try and do something special with 16 as well... Yeah, he probably would have his special ability of removing his arms and having the gigantic attack of his, but part of me also wonders of the chances that we could also see his other "special move." I don't know why they had set it up to where Imperfect Cell in the games can blow himself up, but they never bothered to give that option of 16, who has a bomb that can level a good number of things, let alone the person he is holding down. Would be a nice kicker if say "If under 25% 16 can use one final Special attack where he will blow himself up and deal massive damage to his opponent."

Would be a nice screen transition to show the explosion while at the same time, could be seen as a character that would have the option of taking down one of the three opponents. Doubt that we would get to see that though if 16 made the roster though...

sephi22

My first or second ban was for linking to a shoryuken thread with MvC3 dlc costume pictures taken from scanned Prima guide.
Don't do dis.

Steaks

colors not costumes, we ain't getting costumes fam

I wanna see Goku with other shonen lead's color schemes.

It depends. Sometimes Arcsys has built accessories into costumes then made them invisible on the default to kinda add a little variety. But it can't deviate very far from the norm. Or they add two color zones to a single area and then use two different colors to create the illusion of different patterned clothing.

I always liked fighting on Kaio's stage in Super DBZ.

Seeing it return would be nice.

Anyway, as cute as some of the chibis are, I'm more excited about the area they get to walk around in. I'm glad they didn't drop the ball and just make it an arcade. They're pretty much doing everything right with this game.

Any particular reason why you believe an Arcade release would've been bad? Just curious.

Akiller

Alienous

I'd like to think that 16 and Dabura are sure ins. At least in Dabura's case, it would be a good excuse for him to get revenge on Majin Buu at what happened to him (and he was I believe the only character who was turned into a cookie).

Meanwhile, I'm trying to think if they might try and do something special with 16 as well... Yeah, he probably would have his special ability of removing his arms and having the gigantic attack of his, but part of me also wonders of the chances that we could also see his other "special move." I don't know why they had set it up to where Imperfect Cell in the games can blow himself up, but they never bothered to give that option of 16, who has a bomb that can level a good number of things, let alone the person he is holding down. Would be a nice kicker if say "If under 25% 16 can use one final Special attack where he will blow himself up and deal massive damage to his opponent."

Would be a nice screen transition to show the explosion while at the same time, could be seen as a character that would have the option of taking down one of the three opponents. Doubt that we would get to see that though if 16 made the roster though...

That's a good call of Android 16 being able to blow himself up. In the context of most Dragon Ball games that wouldn't work, but in a 3 v 3 game having a character who can self-destruct could be an interesting mechanic. And I don't expect Majin Vegeta.

But yeah, it's doubtful they'd go that route if he was included, in any case.

Neoxon

I mean, I'd personally prefer all of the Android Trio (16, 17, & 18). But if it came down to it, I'd prefer the devs to focus on 17 & 18 if they can't do all 3.

Top Bottom