• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I actually loved what they did with Bardock in the Budokai series. "Final Revenger" was just brutal and nasty in 2 (they toned it down in 3), and... whatever they did with him with the SS legend and stuff afterwards hasn't really changed that for me. He'd especially work in an ASW game as something akin to a Ky / Robo Ky situation.

I believe so yes.

No. Maybe for the Beta.

Cool, thanks for helping me catch up!

Hopefully 18.

It would be nice to see her. Maybe we can hope for a reveal at Gamescon? An ASW game without and females this far in feels weird.

Why Krillian look like he doesn't have a nose? It's something I wonder for a time being.

He even mentions he as no nose at times. Just on it's own, Krillin's Flesh colored eyes and lack of nose always make him feel like he's intentionally simple, like a Charlie Brown character or something. It exaggerated his highs and lows, and makes 18's love for him all the more confusing charming.

teejmuffin

Neo Member
Why Krillian look like he doesn't have a nose? It's something I wonder for a time being.

He doesn't have a nose. During the Budokai tournament in Dragon Ball, Krillin and Goku fight an enemy who uses some sort of poisonous gas that knocks out Goku, but Krillin is immune because he doesn't have a nose. They even mention. (I am sure some of these details are fuzzy, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Eylos

Banned
He doesn't have a nose. During the Budokai tournament in Dragon Ball, Krillin and Goku fight an enemy who uses some sort of poisonous gas that knocks out Goku, but Krillin is immune because he doesn't have a nose. They even mention. (I am sure some of these details are fuzzy, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Yep the infamous bacterian
lv1FQV.gif

Krilin is losing, then Goku yells "hey krilin you dont have a nose" then krilin is like"Oh, you are right" and then he beats bacterian

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Because he doesn't have a nose.

He doesn't have one, watch the first tournament fight

He even mentions he as no nose at times. Just on it's own, Krillin's Flesh colored eyes and lack of nose always make him feel like he's intentionally simple, like a Charlie Brown character or something. It exaggerated his highs and lows, and makes 18's love for him all the more confusing charming.

It has been forever since I watched the series but thanks for refreshing my memories! :D

LotusHD

Banned
I've just never liked the design/idea behind the GT Dragons, especially with him being the final Dragonball bad guy. Like, there's been all these cool bad guys through the series, and it ends with Omega Shenron.

The GT Dragons amaze me in how all the important ones manage to look awful.

I can see ASW adding in Bacterian as a WTF throwback DB character with fart attacks and it will get lots of backlash.

King Piccolo w assists from Tamborine would be cool too.

Alecs27

Neo Member
Here's my prediction for the base roster:
Goku SSJ
Vegeta SSJ
Gohan teen SSJ2
Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks SSJ
Piccolo
Crilin
Tenshinhan
Muten
Gotenks
Freezer
Nappa
Ginyu
C17
C18
Cell
Fat Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Broly
Black Goku
Goku SSJBlue
Vegeta SSJBlue
I think it would be a pretty solid base roster, what do you think?

cordy

Banned
Goku SSJ
Vegeta SSJ
Gohan teen SSJ2
Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks SSJ
Piccolo
Crilin
Tenshinhan
Muten
Gotenks
Freezer
Nappa
Ginyu
C17
C18
Cell
Fat Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Broly
Black Goku
Goku SSJBlue
Vegeta SSJBlue
I think everyone except Goku Black and Hit will be in. Good list.

I dunno I think that Hit has a big chance to be in, he's a very unique fighter.

Someone made a post making me thinking that no one past Beerus & Golden Frieza would be in but I can't remember what it said or if it had weight to it, I just remember being like "..ah"

Neoxon

Goku SSJ
Vegeta SSJ
Gohan teen SSJ2
Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks SSJ
Piccolo
Crilin
Tenshinhan
Muten
Gotenks
Freezer
Nappa
Ginyu
C17
C18
Cell
Fat Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Broly
Black Goku
Goku SSJBlue
Vegeta SSJBlue
You could probably drop Nappa. Otherwise, great list.

cordy

Banned
I dunno I think that Hit has a big chance to be in, he's a very unique fighter.

Hit and Goku Black are characters that would fit. I just wonder who they think will be characters who "have to be in" but otherwise I'd put them on my list too. I had them on there before this past week.

DrDogg

So​ are we thinking 17 or 24 characters in base roster?

If we're basing it solely off of how much room there is on the site, then it would have to be 17. However, I also think 17 is too low for a 3v3 fighter, so hopefully the character select on the site changes to allow for more characters.

Hit and Goku Black are characters that would fit. I just wonder who they think will be characters who "have to be in" but otherwise I'd put them on my list too. I had them on there before this past week.

I think Hit has a good chance at making it in. He arrived early enough in Super that his inclusion isn't out of the question. I also feel Goku Black deserves a spot, but we'll see. I'd rather see Goku Black than SSB Goku/Vegeta.

Slaythe

They can literally move the boxes upwards in 4 seconds of work with how the page is coded.

I wouldn't read too much into the placement for now.

mas8705

Just look at the ones that are definitely making it in, it's like I said when the game was first announced. The limited roster is going to kill a lot of characters' chances especially given when they said they the game was made during Extreme Butoden's development. They'll likely have most of the same characters. Extreme Butoden came out in Japan mid-2015 so just imagine where the series was at that time and there ya go.

Going off this post, we can make at least one assumption: Multiforms are out (at least for now), so we won't be seeing the different Gokus and Vegetas. If so, let's pretend that the Extreme Butoden roster was the actual roster for DBFZ. We are could be looking at the following in terms of unconfirmed characters:

Kid Gohan
Adult Gohan (SSj)
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks
Raditz
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Android 18
Kid Buu
Bardock
Beerus
Broly

So with what we have 12 we have here and the other nine character we have officially confirmed, it would be fair to say that if all of that carried over, we are looking at 21 characters.

Then again, I don't know what the chances would be to see so many different Gohans in the roster either. If anything, we probably wouldn't see Kid Gohan at all while if we were to see an "Adult Gohan" it would probably be Ultimate Gohan only, so that would bump the number down to about 19.

I'm just trying to figure out who would have more "worthwhile" additions since part of me feels like Raditz probably would get axed (and perhaps Bardock as well. Don't think people would raise as much hell over him if he got cut).

Still, I think that saying a roster at around 21-24 would be a fair guess to make.

DrDogg

They can literally move the boxes upwards in 4 seconds of work with how the page is coded.

I wouldn't read too much into the placement for now.

But we're reading into the placement to determine the 24 character roster. It's not difficult to adjust the spacing, but we're basing 24 off of spacing as well so...

Top Bottom