• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Alecs27

Neo Member
Why are people so sure that Bardock will be in? I know he's a fan favorite but in a pure fighting game I think he's pretty boring. I would rather have Janemba or Broly from The OVA.

Slaythe

Dabura's right there.

That's the Demon King. Not the Warrior of Darkness !

Why are people so sure that Bardock will be in? I know he's a fan favorite but in a pure fighting game I think he's pretty boring. I would rather have Janemba or Broly from The OVA.

Because he has been shoehorned in every single db game in recent years.

But we're reading into the placement to determine the 24 character roster. It's not difficult to adjust the spacing, but we're basing 24 off of spacing as well so...

Right but that's because of the graphic. The boxes can be moved around in a matter of seconds, redoing the graphic would take more effort.

dAwlp3.jpg

I think 24 would be with DLC. I can't imagine how they'd think they could away with 17 characters in a 3v3 game.

patchday

finally made it to ep 55 in DBZ Super. Will probably get more active in this thread once I watch the next 50 episodes lol. Been marathoning this show big time

As advised, this show got way better at episode 28 like immediately. Creativity and good storytelling took a dramatic leap upwards

Btw guess we getting close to beta signups

finally made it to ep 55 in DBZ Super. Will probably get more active in this thread once I watch the next 50 episodes lol. Been marathoning this show big time

As advised, this show got way better at episode 28 like immediately. Creativity and good storytelling took a dramatic leap upwards

Btw guess we getting close to beta signups

Yeah I too watched till episode 63. The Trunks arc is superb. It really picks up after episode 25 or so. Amazing anime.

mooncakes

Since Dragon Rush are pretty much dust attacks, wonder if they are going to add the side dust? In Revalator, which was new then, they introduced the side dust, which let the player do a homing dash Instead of popping them up in the air if they landed a dust attack. This let them get a wall stick combo and better oki for the the characters.

I am also curious to see if they will implement guts mechanic in this game.

Anth0ny

I have a feeling we're going to get Super characters either as day 1 DLC or as the first DLC within a month or so of launch.

Universe 6 pack: Hit, Caulifla and Kale. Lets go.

Boke1879

I have a feeling we're going to get Super characters either as day 1 DLC or as the first DLC within a month or so of launch.

Universe 6 pack: Hit, Caulifla and Kale. Lets go.

I'm cool with DLC packs. Best way to get 3-4 characters and maybe some new costumes etc.

FluxWaveZ

17 characters sounds fine.

Since Dragon Rush are pretty much dust attacks, wonder if they are going to add the side dust? In Revalator, which was new then, they introduced the side dust, which let the player do a homing dash Instead of popping them up in the air if they landed a dust attack. This let them get a wall stick combo and better oki for the the characters.

P4AU also did this before GG did with its AoA mechanic. Consistently popping the opponent up in the air makes more sense for this game, I think.

damage scaling in this game is kinda scary. Kinda feel like they may need to increase the damage if they're gonna employ such drastic scaling.

Depends. The scaling could just be their way of leading players to develop combos in a different way.

I think supers being both techable at end and scaling hard suggests that we're probably not supposed to use them as combo enders in the traditional way.

Players just have to approach them differently, like the players in the videos posted above. They used a lot of strong supers earlier in combos or confirm off of them in neutral and extend off of them with vanishing attacks.

Example:

https://youtu.be/DlC5msomZLo?t=1m23s

Also an really good example of the potential of using Sparking bursts offensively.

Zubz

Banned
Abridge style.

I still hope they have multiple dub options, & that TFS is included. They don't even have to give them joke dialogue; I've just come to prefer some of their voices. They nailed Goku sounding lackadaisical without being too obnoxious, & their 18 sounds far less robotic.

Plus, again, I don't think I can go back to Android 16 not having a robot voice.

Slaythe

I still hope they have multiple dub options, & that TFS is included. They don't even have to give them joke dialogue; I've just come to prefer some of their voices. They nailed Goku sounding lackadaisical without being too obnoxious, & their 18 sounds far less robotic.

Plus, again, I don't think I can go back to Android 16 not having a robot voice.

disgstd.gif

mas8705

Honestly, the best we will see for TFS in a "DBZ" game is if it was done in the same way as was seen in Xenoverse. Otherwise, it is very doubtful that will happen (especially considering that we have yet to establish a voice for a few characters like Majin Buu yet).

Neoxon

Assuming that the 17 leak was indeed for him being playable, you think that ASW & Bamco will get his reveal out there sooner in light of the leak?

If that doesn't happen, I could see 18 getting revealed at Gamescom to get the obvious choices out of the way (unless they intend on revealing 17 & 18 together).

Slaythe

That's not how it works, they don't work on characters "one by one", it's different layers of polish.

They tried to get the 9 (or 10) characters for the beta in a playable state, some more advanced than others. But they can't really start swapping their reveals because of a leak.

So unless 17 was always planned to be announced with 18, it's unlikely they'll confirm him now.

18 as the only girl is also a 100% obvious pick so wouldn't be surprised to see her as 10th warrior since there's no doubt about her inclusion.

Assuming that the 17 leak was indeed for him being playable, you think that ASW & Bamco will get his reveal out there sooner in light of the leak?

The VA never confirmed it himself, right? I tried looking into it and it's just some dude saying "Yeah, he told me at this con when I asked" on Twitter and only had 15 or so tweets in total.

mas8705

would be cool if Ginyu force was in as 1 character like Captain Comando.

Honestly, it is hard to say if there will be any kind of "additional outside help" that we might see, but it isn't impossible entirely. Hell, we do have Sorbet off screen helping Frieza by taking a potshot at the opponent should he fall out of the Golden Frieza mode (and does a decent amount of damage too). Don't know what the chances will be that we will see more of that, but for characters that do fight in pairs or such, it could be one way of adding on more without expanding the roster (although if that were to happen, part of me wonders if they would actually do that with pairs like 19 & 20 or 17 & 18 where one character is the point character while the other would be off to the side supporting the other).

It would be an interesting way to do Ginyu to have him be the actual playable character while others in his squad could be brought in as either support or even as his special attacks like have Guldo freeze opponents, Burter rush in for a quick hit and run, Jeice with his crusher bomb and Recoome with what random attack you'd like to give him. Only concern I'd have is if you would actually consider giving Ginyu his "body swap" ability or not. Would be funny if he did and then you can have a situation where if he wins the match in the opponent's body, you see him posing with the rest of the Ginyu Force while as another person.

Top Bottom