• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Slaythe

if S13 gets in, He better have a super that is just punching you in the dick

Since 18's gonna be the only girl, if you use it on her, 17 steps in. Clearly, this way we get a clearer idea of how they feel like treating the character.

Now people be talking about Super 13?

ew

It's like picking between aids and cancer. But I guess cancer (13) is better because at least you can recover from it, and keep hope. (DLC 17)

AIDS, you're stuck with that nastiness forever. Sure you can live with it and learn to be fine with it, but it's still shit. (super 17)

I-hate-u

Who would have thought that one of the dumpster fire characters has a very high chance of being in this one?

LVmXMRf.png

Slaythe

Bandai : Whatever let's just go with Super 17, nobody remembers 17 anyway

Cover-V-Jump-768x1101.jpg

tumblr_mqt70fxfNR1rsikbyo1_500.gif

Also for the record, 16 18 are teamed up with Trunks, in case there was any doubt.

NeonZ

Gohan rocking the Demon King Gi? Say what!

Don't really care for Gohan he's a chump but he looks great in the piccollo outfit.

I think it's just going to be Gohan's gi in the manga. Note that Piccolo has yellow muscles there like his manga colors, and 18 has that almost silver hair from Toriyama's BoGs artwork.

Also, curiously, Tenshinhan is wearing his BoGs gi, rather than the RoF recolor.

dci260

Bandai : Whatever let's just go with Super 17, nobody remembers 17 anyway
The Super 17 thing is a joke... right?

Also, what the fuck at 17 not being a character? I mean, he is being pushed hard in Super and has surely gained a ton of fans. It just seems stupid to only have him included as part of 18's move. -_-

No please. That fucking shit sucked in Battle of Z.
Along with the entire game.

The Super 17 thing is a joke... right?

Also, ehat the fuck at 17 not being a character? I mean, he is being pushed hard in Super and has surely gained a ton of fans. It just seems stupid to only have him included as part of 18's move. -_-

Bruh nobody cared about 17 (besides Slaythe) until like 2 weeks ago I'm pretty sure the characters were already decided by then.

dci260

Bruh nobody cared about 17 (besides Slaythe) until like 2 weeks ago I'm pretty sure the characters were already decided by then.
It's been more than two weeks since his reintroduction, which is when I began starting to see people favor him, but I suppose your point does still stand (I didn't even like him in Z). That being said, if there if there is DLC he had better be included.

EDIT:
DHdk4iRW0AEdIAo.jpg

DHdljOdXoAAH-xZ.jpg

Man this is some kind of nightmare.

It perfectly explains why 17 wasn't included with 16 and 18 too.

And they'll always justify never making regular 17 playable "cause we already made one" despite having 14 Gokus 3 Gohan 5 Vegetas etc... in the game cause that's fine.

Feeling sick.
Oh my god, please no. Keep GT, and especially garbage ass Super 17, in the dumpster where they belong. I'd rather have Garlic fucking Jr than that abomination.

Slaythe

Is it just me or 18 stats are lacking?

They are really bad.

And it makes me fear that's because her assist is gonna be OP.

And since she has nothing that fits, that could be 17's barrier. Either by giving her a move she doesn't have in the canon, or by have 17 show up and use it.

Just seems odd to have a character that is essentially 2 characters in a 3v3 game, though I guess 17 could be the Maya to 18's Phoenix Wright? Just seems weird it wasn't shown as them more of a combination character, but if he does that little or even less guess it's not really worth it.

Todd Blankenship‏ @Herms98
DB FighterZ's story mode will be told in "high end animation", with a revived No.16 and a "mysterious army" that looks just like Goku and co

DrDogg

They made a second Vegeta.

Trunks in Super has : Sword energy beams, Garlick Gun/Final Flash, a new transformation, and the genki sword.

I guess. Maybe it's just been too long since I watched DBZ, but I didn't really notice those differences. I was also deathly bored during the latter half of that arc in Super.

Except it doesn't make sense.

"Fight the Androids" was the theme, they announce 16 and how there is a big story twist regarding the character.

Either they would have announced 16 alone, or with all 3 androids.

On top of that, they would have shown 17 and 18 together first, or after 16 was announced. This was the perfect opportunity to reveal the 3rd man in the 3 men team.

17 wouldn't be the Super version but the Z version too. And they did show him out in the scan, as "an assist".

No reason to hide 17 in a scan that had SSBkaioken etc...

He's the opposite of a lock.

I think you're giving Bandai Namco marketing way too much credit. Going by your logic I would think we'd have gotten the Trunks trailer as his reveal, not the V-Jump scans, then weeks later a trailer. We still haven't even seen Piccolo and Krillin in action. In fact, after this announcement we have 13 known characters and have only seen 7 of them in action.

You could very well be right and we won't see 17 or that text in the article indicates it will be Super 17, but I just don't give Bandai Namco marketing (or maybe the Arc Sys development cycle) that much credit. I still think 17 is a lock for the base roster, but I do understand why you think otherwise.

Nah I don't think it works that way. If there was any time to announce 17, it should have been now especially with that specific text, the other Androids being shown and most importantly 17 himself being shown in 18's portion. If he were coming in the future they likely wouldn't have shown him here and especially considering the devs have been very secretive towards who's potentially in the game in interviews. That would blow their whole spot up.

See above for my take on that. You could be correct, but I just don't have that much faith in the dev/marketing team to be that in sync.

I think it all depends on how Accel Dance works. Initially I thought it'd just be a cinematic move, but if it is an activate that enhances her other special attacks(by having 17 fight along side her for a while) I think the most obvious way 17 would be made playable would be as a pallet swap for 18. Where 17 is the base character and 18 is the assist/summon.

That would also explain why he's not playable. In the game they're basically one character.

Skeeter49

I've got 18.
Now give me Ultimate Gohan.
And confirm
Caulifla
in first wave of DLC, and I have everything I wanted for FighterZ

ITSMILNER

I've not kept up with this game but will the characters have in-fight transformations (E.g. Regular Goku can turn SSJ mid fight) or are they kept as separate, selectable characters?

Golden Freeza is the only transformation so far. All the Saiyans are already transformed. Goku turns Super Saiyan 3 for a Lvl3 only. They said transformations won't actually be a thing in DBFZ.

I've not kept up with this game but will the characters have in-fight transformations (E.g. Regular Goku can turn SSJ mid fight) or are they kept as separate, selectable characters?

Depends on the character, though they said they would try to avoid having multiple forms of characters on the roster as much as possible.

Frieza has an Install that turns him into Golden Frieza while SSJ Goku & Vegeta are separate characters from SSJB Goku & Vegeta.

MKAllDay

I know currently every character only has 1 assist but with the whole 20% finished thing, do you all expect that we might end up having multiple assists per character? Something like past Marvel games where you choose which assist you want to use prior to the match.

mooncakes

I know currently every character only has 1 assist but with the whole 20% finished thing, do you all expect that we might end up having multiple assists per character? Something like past Marvel games where you choose which assist you want to use prior to the match.

Only 1 assist per character in a recent interview

Top Bottom