• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Slaythe

JQcWxPW.jpg

This isn't even a "he's an assist !" case, this is a literally "they don't even try" case.

They're gonna look like complete fools by the time the game drops and he's been going ham in Super for a year.

Can't even make him a stand alone DLC now because it would make 18 look bad, having to rely on her sister. I mean brother.

https://twitter.com/ATG213/status/899951767206711296
"Kuririn item throw isnt random. 1*bean, 3*rock is t pattern. beans are limited to 3 & are also used for his assist. Beans out = shot assist"

I didn't expect it to work like that, the senzu beans are pretty limited, makes me wonder how much they can heal.
And I'm also curious how good his shot assist is. This is going to make building a team around Krillin pretty interesting.

LOL. Just realized the rock throw is referencing this:

vx8iUV5.gif

JQcWxPW.jpg

This isn't even a "he's an assist !" case, this is a literally "they don't even try" case.

They're gonna look like complete fools by the time the game drops and he's been going ham in Super for a year.

Can't even make him a stand alone DLC now because it would make 18 look bad, having to rely on her sister. I mean brother.

If you feel that bad over this you probably deserve to

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What the hell does that even mean ?

Do you think this isn't legitimate ?

I think the fact that theres no effort in him being a part of 18 is a bigger chance that he is his own character in the future no?

Slaythe

I think the fact that theres no effort in him being a part of 18 is a bigger chance that he is his own character in the future no?

Well Rahknar, you made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that. I haven't been smiling much today, I guess I needed that.

Alienous

I feel like the low effort implementation of Android 17 indicates them just trying to get him into the game in any capacity possible, despite thinking he wasn't worth his own roster slot (which, based on DBZ, is a reasonable call to make). And his implemenation does hurt his chances as a DLC character.

As I said before, I'm sure they're kicking themselves now in response to his DB Super resurgence, but they couldn't have predicted that in early 2016. And I did call it.

Next step: Dabura. Mark my words.

Slaythe

I feel like the low effort implementation of Android 17 indicates them just trying to get him into the game in any capacity possible, despite thinking he wasn't worth his own roster slot (which, based on DBZ, is a reasonable call to make). And his implemenation does hurt his chances as a DLC character.

As I said before, I'm sure they're kicking themselves now in response to his DB Super resurgence, but they couldn't have predicted that in early 2016. And I did call it.

Next step: Dabura. Mark my words.

I mean, they have Krilin as assist apparently, do we know how that works ?

I-hate-u

This game continues to be what dreams are made of.

That trailer confirms to all the haters that Super is represented in this game. Also Slaythe, 17 is much more featured with 18 than I thought. It's not looking good brother.

The only way to make this work is like I said before, having ToP17 backed up by 18 in track suit. No way they put 17 by himself otherwise.

Zalman

The way they handled Android 17 is pretty disappointing considering the amount of detail they've put into the characters so far. None of the things that make him stand out from 18 have been implemented. The only upside is that it is kind of cool to see them work together like that.

Slaythe

This game continues to be what dreams are made of.

That trailer confirms to all the haters that Super is represented in this game. Also Slaythe, 17 is much more featured with 18 than I thought. It's not looking good brother.

The only way to make this work is like I said before, having ToP17 backed up by 18 in track suit. No way they put 17 by himself otherwise.

17 does not EVER fight with her sister in the canon, especially in Super. So the second they'd try to look into the character they'd realize that pretty big problem. Solution : ignore him forever.

The way they handled Android 17 is pretty disappointing considering the amount of detail they've put into the characters so far. None of the things that make him stand out from 18 have been implemented. The only upside is that it is kind of cool to see them work together like that.

It's basically 18 cosplaying 17 that we got in the game.

ffvorax

I actually like the idea to see 17&18 to cooperate during fights than having 2 different chars...

Before Super I didn't remember particular attention for 17 fighting skills...

I-hate-u

17 is too popular to not have playable.

It may not be in the first batch of DLC, but we're getting park ranger 17 with 18 helping like shown in the background #believe.

58eb159b42fa8e5f6db798f3100b5d821486215956_full.jpg

I actually like the idea to see 17&18 to cooperate during fights than having 2 different chars...

Before Super I didn't remember particular attention for 17 fighting skills...

17 vs Piccolo was one of the best fights of DBZ fam whutchumean you missed his fighting skills.

JQcWxPW.jpg

And his implemenation does hurt his chances as a DLC character.
How so? Goku is a part of Gohan's ultimate and will probably have three character slots minimum, so why can't Super's 17 be a standalone character?

Maybe he'll be DLC with an 18 assist, both with their Super ToP outfits ;]

Gbraga

Holy fuck that trailer was AWESOME!!!

18 is basically a P4A character, then? I'm in! Never been much of a fan of the androids, but I definitely want to play her now.

Just give me Kid Goku and I'm happy!

Considering 18 shares a slot with 17, is DBFZ the only fighting game with .5 female characters? That would be like Nana and Popo being the only female character on Smash.

Slaythe

How so? Goku is a part of Gohan's ultimate and will probably have three character slots minimum, so why can't Super's 17 be a standalone character?

Maybe he'll be DLC with an 18 assist, both with their Super ToP outfits ;]

Because 17 is stuck in her regular moveset, not just her super attack.

Also, contrary to popular belief, 17 refuses to fight with her sister, they didn't care obviously, but if they decide to make ToP 17 they can't exactly make 18 fit.

Considering 18 shares a slot with 17, is DBFZ the only fighting game with .5 female characters? That would be like Nana and Popo being the only female character on Smash.

17 is 100% woman in this game so if it makes you feel any better it still equals out to 1 woman.

Top Bottom