• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

17 is clearly being held back as DLC because Super characters are popular right now and more easy to milk.
tenor.gif

17 is kicking alot of ass right now in Super. You're crazy to think he won't be playable in DBZF ever.

You think Bluma, Chichi, Caulifa and Arale are going to be playable characters though.

Yeah I guess I'm the crazy one here

The roster was set way before recent developments in super. They're not making this game based on what happened on last week's episode.

Slaythe

17 is kicking alot of ass right now in Super. You're crazy to think he won't be playable in DBZF ever.

He can't be playable.

18's entire gimmick revolves around having a clone (a smaller version of 17 that fights like her).

You can't add another 17 with the right size and ToP, what would it look like if you use 18 in the same team lol.

Slaythe

You think Bluma, Chichi, Caulifa and Arale are going to be playable characters though.

The roster was set way before recent developments in super. They're not making this game based on what happened on last week's episode.

17 was announced as coming back in last november.

17 fights the same way in Super he did in Z, it's just that more focus on him showed people the kind of fighter he was, while the Z stans remembered that Trunks OAV (80% filler) where 17 was indeed a clone of 18.

They could have easily animated a unique kick and punch for him, the fact they didn't means they give 0 fuck.

I-hate-u

They're throwing easy money if they don't eventually include the latest Super introductions.

Trickster

He can't be playable.

18's entire gimmick revolves around having a clone (a smaller version of 17 that fights like her).

You can't add another 17 with the right size and ToP, what would it look like if you use 18 in the same team lol.

In a game where we are very likely going to have teams consisting only of differently colored Goku's and Vegeta's, I really don't see it as a big problem :p

They're throwing easy money if they don't eventually include the latest Super introductions.

It already sounds like the game attention the game is getting is exceeding their expectations without them lol

This game is appealing to Dragonball fans that aren't necessarily watching the latest subs as well. I think classic characters are the biggest draw here.

They could have easily animated a unique kick and punch for him, the fact they didn't means they give 0 fuck.

I mean we all get it dude. You really really like the character.

but it just wasn't a direction they wanted to take them. This is their interpretation of the Androids in their game.

He can't be playable.

If there is demand for him they'll make him DLC, him being in her moveset really won't stop that.
Also you are really exaggerating the height difference between 17 and 18.
EAEx2hu.png

gqqyxiy.png

He's maybe and inch taller.

No, it means they wanted to save time, time that could be spent on other characters. If they didn't give a fuck he wouldn't be in the game at all.

I-hate-u

can't be too easy money tho cuz then that's DLC bait

The newer Super characters are all going to be DLC if they're in, seeing how some of them don't have their move-lists fleshed out enough yet.

It already sounds like the game attention the game is getting is exceeding their expectations without them lol

This game is appealing to Dragonball fans that aren't necessarily watching the latest subs as well. I think classic characters are the biggest draw here.

A Tournament of Power DLC pack feat. 17, Caulifla, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Basil and Ribrianne cane be one of their most popular ones.

Two Words

It is pretty dumb that a 3v3 fighter wouldn't let your team be Android 16, 17, and 18. I blame everybody that wanted those blue versions of Goku and Vegeta.

brinstar

A Tournament of Power DLC pack feat. 17, Caulifla, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Basil and Ribrianne cane be one of their most popular ones.

I think those kind of DLC packs are more likely to appear in Xenoverse. GGXrd and Blazblue are lucky to see like what, 3 more extra characters?

Top Bottom